New FFS look.

Ron Attwood

Hi Ron,

Just checked out the site and found it easy to navigate. We just need to accept that rather than a list by company name alone you have ORBX listed sequentially under scenery by region. Still works for me, however I rely on FTX Central to alert me to the fact that I am delinquent in purchasing a new offering.default_cool.png

1 hour ago, paddler said:

Hi Ron,

Just checked out the site and found it easy to navigate. We just need to accept that rather than a list by company name alone you have ORBX listed sequentially under scenery by region. Still works for me, however I rely on FTX Central to alert me to the fact that I am delinquent in purchasing a new offering.default_cool.png

You're a better man than I Gunga Din. Downloads/Scenery/Oceania/No Orbx. Same for North Ameri...Everything. If anyone wants to browse Orbx stuff they're in for a disappointment. Aerosoft shows up well though.

Hi Ron. Plus 1 for me as well. I tried to find just Orbx stuff and not good. The site looks OK but I think it was better when you could just bring up the separate authors. All so I hate that pop up for face book and the like on the left hand side of the page. Just gets in the way for me. Wish there was a way to disable it. Derek.

This site is rubbish, I suggest that Orbx have a good look at this because I could not find any Orbx products at all, I hope that Flightsimstore is reading this article and address the issues. At the moment it shows a blank area until you scroll down to find what seems to be the older site, maybe this has something to do with Internet explorer setup. I shall be sending my views about this site to FSS, if only I could find how to.

1 hour ago, Ron Attwood said:

You're a better man than I Gunga Din. Downloads/Scenery/Oceania/No Orbx. Same for North Ameri...Everything. If anyone wants to browse Orbx stuff they're in for a disappointment. Aerosoft shows up well though.

Ah, I see your point. You looked under FSX......I looked under P3D and voila! A little coordination required on the site for sure. 

Not great but manageable. I found all Orbx products, as before, in the Authors/Publishers drop-down on the right side of the page. But Sign In was a pain because it would not accept my RoboForm password service entry; I had to complete the Sign In manually. I, too, don't like the use of screen space for social media links: they should concentrate on making it easy for the consumer, not trying to garner praise; the kudos will come if they take good care of their customers.

What it looks like to me is that they are trying to catch up with the Win 10 look. You know, be hip and modern and in with the in crowd. Phooey! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I understand progress, but it should not come at the expense of those who got you where you are.

I'm confused, I don't understand some of the comments :huh:, I'm able to find everything (ORBX included) exactly the same as before, the only difference is that the "Authors and Publishers" drop down is on the right.

Besides a new skin, what's so different? 

I'm confused, I don't understand some of the comments :huh:, I'm able to find everything (ORBX included) exactly the same as before, the only difference is that the "Authors and Publishers" drop down is on the right.

x2 is pretty much the same!

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

See? What did I tell ya? Just needed a tutorial. :)

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

I'm with you. To me the site looks about the same as before the skin change and everything works fine. All the "stuff" is there and easy to find. Or do I just not understand the problem?

Doug

I find it very confusing.  I clicked on 'account' and then 'login'  Nothing happened.  I clicked 'login' several more times...nothing.  Then I decided what the hell, I'll scroll down the categories and there at the bottom was my login block.  Normally the login screen is at the top.

Also wish when you clicked on a category it used to pop right up.  Now you have to scroll down all the way down to the bottom of the screen to find it.

I find it very cumbersome.  I don't like it but I guess if I want to buy Orbx stuff I'll have to learn to live with it.  For everything else, though, it will be back to SimMarket and Flight1.  I'm sure they'll be glad to see me back.

Noel

Hi All. Yes for those who found it , the products thingy is on the right now and works as before. Great, but still would like to get rid of that Facebook and Twitter colum on the left. Know there's an arrow right at bottom but as soon as you go some where it pops up again. Derek.

I've asked Adrian to investigate why searching on geographic areas returns all vendors except Orbx, that's not desirable.

For those people having to scroll all the way down to see the login or the 'old' site, that's because your cache is still holding half of the old design. What you need to do is clear your browser's cache and the use Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh of FSS, then the new design should work as planned.

If you are having trouble finding a specific Orbx product, just visit http://fullterrain.com and choose the product you want to purchase and link to it directly using the 'Buy' button.

39 minutes ago, birdguy said:

How do I clear my browser's cache?

Noel

Ctrl+F5 to force a refresh of FSS

I think it's fine. It just take a few second to find everything back.

But I can't find Tapini?????

I normally buy ORBX stuff from the product page anyway. As for other companies, well I look for special... :D

Ben

17 hours ago, anfield ace said:

Don't like this at all, the old layout was fine, this is to complicated, I'll just be following the links from this site to order as normal!

Hi,

I need to eat humble pie here, just Ctrl'd + F5 and now everything is fine!!

Cheers,

Archived