May the best team win.

Dadtom65

Hi all you Americans. I expect a lot of you will be watching the big Football game tonight, well I expect its all ready started. My son likes to watch it and even has the day off if needed. Me would love to watch it in person, but can not see that happening. Anyway good luck to you all and may the best team win. Derek.

I'll be watching for sure. I bet the house on the Panthers at -2.5. Given that the current spread is -5.5 I just may be able to afford all the ORBX stuff that I don't own yet. Besides, the Panthers head coach went to high school in my hometown. Fate has called me to the high-roller window.....Go Saints.....

Doug

1 hour ago, Triplane said:

I'll be watching for sure. I bet the house on the Panthers at -2.5. Given that the current spread is -5.5 I just may be able to afford all the ORBX stuff that I don't own yet. Besides, the Panthers head coach went to high school in my hometown. Fate has called me to the high-roller window.....Go Saints.....

Doug

You're from Seaside??!!

Hooray for Wikipedia, not I know what all the fuss is about.

Hope you all have a great day over there and enjoy yourselves.

What a tragedy that a football match is now like a military exercise.

May the best team win!

14 hours ago, Stewart Hobson said:

You're from Seaside??!!

Indeed. I lived there from 1946 until 1964. It was a whole different place back in the day. The street we lived on wasn't even paved until 1954. I went to high school in Monterey as the Seaside high school didn't open until 1963. Rivera was a bit after my time but it's a sure sign to me that the Panthers are a sure bet.

Doug

5 hours ago, Triplane said:

Indeed. I lived there from 1946 until 1964. It was a whole different place back in the day. The street we lived on wasn't even paved until 1954. I went to high school in Monterey as the Seaside high school didn't open until 1963. Rivera was a bit after my time but it's a sure sign to me that the Panthers are a sure bet.

Doug

Small world.  My friend in Seaside has lived there his whole life, and his story is similar to yours--attended Monterey High because there wasn't a high school in Seaside; certain roads not paved, etc.  You probably wouldn't recognize the place today.

1 hour ago, Stewart Hobson said:

Small world.  My friend in Seaside has lived there his whole life, and his story is similar to yours--attended Monterey High because there wasn't a high school in Seaside; certain roads not paved, etc.  You probably wouldn't recognize the place today.

I've seen the changes over the years Stew. Even though I left California for Manhattan in 1979 I've been back about once a year. My wife and I owned property in Monterey and the Corral De Tierra area on Hwy. 68 for many years. The last of the houses was sold in 2014. We made a "Farewell Tour" with some friends from here in Florida last year. Big Sur, Nepenthe, Point Lobos, Pebble Beach, Carmel, the Mission Ranch, San Francisco, Tiburon, the wine country, and a host of other favorite haunts. I doubt we'll ever be back that way again but my heart will always be on the Peninsula. You're a lucky guy.....

Doug

Archived