Few questions about products

Airborne

Good Morning,

I bought FTX Global, and Vector over a year ago and a few months back I bought the HD trees. I was thinking about purchasing the OpenLC for Alaska and Canada and the all of the western region add-ons----

1.) Is there an installation guide for all of the western regions to include the Rockies Regions?

2.) I will being upgrading to P3D, do I have to re-purchase Global, Vector and HD Trees?

Thanks

I have found installation to be pretty much "plug and play", to use an old phrase.  There is a user guide that comes with each region that covers setup, tweaking, AND installation (I believe) BUT, honestly, all I had to do was start the 'application' exe file, select my simulator program (i.e. FSX), note my root program, I believe (i.e. c/fsx) and it did the rest including inserting things into their proper location in FSX's scenery directory.

Orbx scenery is GREAT!

cmitch

=============

7 hours ago, Airborne said:

1.) Is there an installation guide for all of the western regions to include the Rockies Regions?

Each region comes with a guide and there is also a general guide that you can get from the FTX Central (first page),. Interesting and very useful reading. I strongly recommend you read it.

30 minutes ago, Airborne said:

I don't need to apply the scenery in the orbx menu?

You don't need to activate them, they will go where they should and activate themselves. The regions will install themselves on top of the Global+Vector territories  deactivating them in the process for the area they cover. The order of your sceneries is explained in the Guide (page 38 ) and how to set up an "insertion point " if needed.

At last,  after each install , you must run (write that in red paint and big letters on the wall in front you ;)) :

- the last  version of the OrbXLibs (a free library of objects)

- the Airport Elevation Correction tool in the Vector Control Panel.

If you don't,  your computer wlll burst in flames.  Well not really maybe, but  chances are that your landscapes will look like being out of of the Twilight Zone.  You don't want that.

There are two issues here :

- You do not activate a region after the install like you do for a new non-OrbX scenery addon in FSX/P3D in the Scenery Library (browse and add).

- When you start a new game session, you do not activate it either but you must select the group of regions to which it belongs (NA for instance if you want to fly SCA) and apply the selection, if and only that group of regions was not already selected. Conversely, if you fly out of a region, you must select Global and apply.

2 hours ago, VH-KDK said:

Have a read through this if you haven't done already.

Plenty of useful info here.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/

Good Morning, yes I have read through that. I am also having an issue with the library on the support page. after it downloads, I extract it and then there is just a 7z file there and nothing else. This is probably the wrong place to post this issue.

2 hours ago, Airborne said:

Good Morning, yes I have read through that. I am also having an issue with the library on the support page. after it downloads, I extract it and then there is just a 7z file there and nothing else. This is probably the wrong place to post this issue.

W7zip is one of several zip extractors. It is free. You can also use it for rar  files, etc. here is the DL link

http://www.7-zip.org/

Sherm

Hi, for some reason I dont think FTX Global and vector is working. Are these screen shots what you guys get when running FSX? I am also using the DX10 fixer, and REX 4 TD.

I did a VOR from KLAS to KCDC. img]Sorry I dont know how to create a spoiler.

QrhzyJw.jpg

hXxsIqe.jpg

s0jkwN9.jpg

uV9JLEf.jpg

HCxLTaW.jpg

mFOwamK.jpg

BMiaTFL.jpg

Gcw64nQ.jpg

veaO8RR.jpg

IgVcCHU.jpg

mq1XBxU.jpg

CTiU0sA.jpg

sojtUE3.jpg

8Ngronj.jpg

NTjHJHf.jpg

26pO5IN.jpg

5w5GEWS.jpg

y26989X.jpg

2PAGnYZ.jpg

8BcraCc.jpg

ZjN6yvN.jpg

6 hours ago, shermank said:

Post some screen shots so we can see what you are seeing. You have the NA Freepacks, so pick a couple of airports. I also

suggest some areas you frequently fly, with longitude and latitude (Shiift-Z) visible.

sherm

I posted this in the support forum, hoping to get more help

Thanks

Hi Airborne,

first off, thanks for taking the time to prepare a detailed report!

As for you particular "issue" see my explanations to similar discussions here:

In short, your Global Base/Vector combination is installed correctly but the default landclass file places some textures in unlikely/incorrect places. Also, rectangular fields, like the center-pivot irrigation types in your screenshots, will always look odd when surrounded by a natural landscape; yet, the do look like this in the real world, for example https://goo.gl/maps/SsSzfDQyvf32  

Cheers, Holger

Trying to compare your scenery to screenshots by others flying with FTX Region scenery installed, which you do not have,  will always be disappointing.

Global Base replaces the FSX "default" textures with better ones but they still don't compare with the what FTX regions display.  The regions, like PNW, PFJ etc. are very detailed and much higher quality.

Archived