Latest Global NA freeware pack not installing?!

bruce e

"The FTXG Freeware airport pack for NA has been updated with 31 new airports"

installed / selected Global region & checked a few airports & nothing new showing

To check the install I searched in the FTX_GLOBAL/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS / scenery folder for 3w2 & cek6 & they dont exist. 

Anyone else have the same problem?

Hi Bruce

I checked my system as you suggested and I cannot find any of the airports either.

I have taken a photo of Middle Bass Isle 3T7 and this is it

Screenshot16.png

As you can see, there does not appear to have been any improvement from default.

Kind regards

Ian

Just install the latest FTXG NA Pack...just over 16mb. I do have all other packs installed as well.

My problem are the airports are still at default level with no enhancements showing.

All my other packs are showing as advertised.

I have downloaded the installer a few times just to make sure I did not get a faulty download. 

I open the installer and it brings me to the normal install process and I point it to V3 and it installs...fast but installs!

Wondering if any other V3 users have the same problem and hoping someone can guide me to correcting this issue I am having.  

...my thinking is the installer is empty.

Ian 

thanks for the confirmation of the problem. like you I installed from the freeware link as nothing happened when I tried to do it via FTX Central Interestingly FTX Central/tools says I have the update  installed

Should be fixed soon

Hi

I re-downloaded the software and reinstalled it. I then switched between Europe and Global several times followed by running the FTX Central troubleshooting section and resynced Orbx products and I cannot get any of the airports to show.  ---What am I doing wrong?-----

Kind regards

Ian

Nick

There are several of us running in a thread under FTX Freeware that have the same problem

Here is part of my Orbx file

Screenshot17e6c20.png

I do not have an entry of FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS only ORBX/FTX_Global/FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS

I did have Global freeware airports before the latest update.

KInd regards

Ian

2 hours ago, FSRobert said:

Just install the latest FTXG NA Pack...just over 16mb. I do have all other packs installed as well.

My problem are the airports are still at default level with no enhancements showing.

All my other packs are showing as advertised.

I have downloaded the installer a few times just to make sure I did not get a faulty download. 

I open the installer and it brings me to the normal install process and I point it to V3 and it installs...fast but installs!

Wondering if any other V3 users have the same problem and hoping someone can guide me to correcting this issue I am having.  

...my thinking is the installer is empty.

Hi

Do you still have an entry for - FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS - in your ORBX file within your Sim

Kind regards

Ian

2 minutes ago, mopperle said:

at any point within itYou have no such folder???

..\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS

I have the above tree as you have shown but I do not have  FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS within it. Within FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS are two files Scenery and Texture

Kind regards

Ian

3 minutes ago, Ian S said:

I have the above tree as you have shown but I do not have  FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS within it. Within FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS are two files Scenery and Texture

Kind regards

Ian

These are not files but folders.

So when you add it manually, simply point to the path above.

...\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS

Not more!

FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS  is the name given when the installer adds the entries to the scenery library.

If you are checking your scenery library in game, look for that.

The files reside at  ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS, scenery and texture, if you are checking for the files, look there.

5 minutes ago, Ian S said:

This is my File showing the tree that you are showing. I know where to look, but the airports in question are just not there

Screenshot17d2933.png

Kind regards

Ian

Same thing for me, they are just not there.But when i highlight North American Freeware Packs in the Central it tells me I have January 2016 installed!!!!!

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Just now, mopperle said:

What happens when you try to update via FTXCentral?

I was told by FTX Central that there was an update. I chose, because I find FTX Central downloads to be very slow, to update via the Freeware download page and did this. On restarting FTX Central I no longer was offered the choice of downloading it.

Kind regards

Ian

Well this is a bit of a mystery

I downloaded from Orbx Freeware tab568d5ba311dc4_Snap2016-01-06at18.21.05.t

as you can see there are no entries between 3NO & 4B8

Where do we go from here? Some seem to have succesfully downloaded & installed others not. I've tried redownloading etc without success.

6 minutes ago, JJJackson said:

Same thing for me, they are just not there.But when i highlight North American Freeware Packs in the Central it tells me I have January 2016 installed!!!!!

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I have the same message from Central:  January 2016.  However, the date of the folder ...\ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS is 3/3/2015 and the new airports are not in the scenery folder of said folder.

Archived