Method to my madness

VH-KDK

Well it has been an interesting afternoon.

Decided to reinstall FSX on Drive C and use it just for Australia.

I will add the OZx airports and use the planes that I cannot fly on P3D, which will also include many freeware favourites.

All has gone well so far and I am very happy with the performance.

1fr1.jpg

Been missing the Real Air Duke, on of the best planes out there is the piston Duke.

2.fr2.jpg

Love their contra prop Griffon Spitfire too. Must be because there is no vicious torque on take off. Tamworth by the way, another place I like and have been missing.

3fr3.jpg

Real Air's Champion series are great bush planes. Here around Aero Pelican.

4fr4.jpg

Quality Wings 757 leaves Cairns. As in the other aircraft depicted here it has a glorious sound set, those RB.211's sing a great song.

5fr5.jpg

The Turbine Duke goes like the proverbial powers. I like it but still prefer those piston engines.

6.fr6.jpg

The A2A C172 and PA-28 are far too good and expensive to be sitting idle in the hangar. Excellent aircraft with plenty of paints, here out of Aero Pelican.

7.fr7.jpg

The A2A PA-28 is just right for touring around Oz. Just flown out from the OZx airport at Ayres Rock.

Still plenty of airports and aircraft to install.

What with the slow P3Dv2.4 installation and the gradual v3.0 releases there is plenty to keep me busy.

Hope you don't think I am mad!

No, I don't think your mad. When I changed from FS9 to FSX I lost a lot of things. Now we have P3DV2.x, PD3V3.x, FSXDX10 and FSXDX9. You can't have the best in one sim without loosing something. So your solution is the only way to go. 

Good idee Martyn,  fantastic shots here either!

Thanks Dolf.

Many wonders here. Colourful FSX has always been more "beautiful"! Why?

Voyager

Cheers Voyager. Happy with the colours, just stock standard FSX.

I fear some people might call all of us mad, no matter what variations we make...

I think you may be right Gerold. Anyway it keeps us off the streets and that can't be all bad.

Excellent shots KDK like very much the variety of  

aircraft you put out (keeping the Aussie dream alive)

cheers Gumby

Thank you Gumby. Plenty of more aircraft to add hopefully today. To coin a phrase, " watch this space!"

Bum, pressed the wrong button, more replies below.

No, I don't think your mad. When I changed from FS9 to FSX I lost a lot of things. Now we have P3DV2.x, PD3V3.x, FSXDX10 and FSXDX9. You can't have the best in one sim without loosing something. So your solution is the only way to go. 

Thanks RJ. My main enjoyment with FS9 was repainting. All fictional repaints, I let my mind run riot.

Hi Martyn,

superb pictures, they are so good looking. I like the Griffon Spitfire. The Spit is always an beautiful classic warbird.

Thanks, Uwe

Cheers Uwe. Like the Spitfire too, have missed the RealAir one over the last year but now I can fly it again.

Great shots and great collection of aircraft Martyn!

Thank you Karsten. I am an avid collector of aircraft. Tried to give up but it is impossible!

Great shots Martyn.....Welcome to the reinstall party.  Hope you got lots of drinks, I know I did during my 3 day adventure :)

You are lucky Sammy, only 3 days!

Great shots Martyn.

cheers

Iain

Thanks Iain.

Many thanks guys for your inspiring comments. No work today so the dream will continue!

Archived