Thank You, Orbx!

Larry Hickerson

Just saw the last of the Triple installers for NA showing up.  Though they were not V3 ready, I am greatly appreciative for NOT having to pay an upgrade and to have them on a hard drive.  And, for this I am very happy and I know most of your followers are also.

It is a big, big world and glad to see the LC packages coming to fruition.  As an old fan of GEX and FEX, I have put off buying their upgrades for the anticipation of a pure Orbx world of flying.  With all the eye candy in Europe, Oceania, and NA, I have enough to keep me busy.

Keeping a copy of both FSX and P3Dv3 on separate drives allow me to be fully engaged in the flightsimming world.

Thank you again; just one more of your scenery fans!

Kind Regards,  Larry

Well, no we still got 6 of them left to go in NA, by my count anyway. But this finished us SAK, we now have all the Southern Alaska airports working in P3Dv2 with triple installers.

Still got Vlad's Airdrie and 5 more in PNW.

Gotta say though, getting 4 at once is like having my birthday all over again, only with better gifts this time!

0S9 and KBVS is huge, being so close to W28 and 2WA1 and KORS, and a couple of other payware fields in the area. 74S Anacortes will round this area out, one of last holdouts. But that is just one little gap now, where it was three before.

Also glad to have Longview Ranch again. Always liked that one and I'd been missing it here lately.

So thanks again guys -- easy to happy with what we got this Saturday morning, and not thinking too much about what we are wanting to get.

Thanks John, excellent news. I really miss Creswell...

Regarding V3, I presume ObjectFlow is the main hold-up here (at least for the low-altitude airports). Do you have any rough estimate as to when the first V3 airports may start appearing?

Tym

Ok just checked we still need to port the following, which are being done by Turbulent Designs:

CEF4 Aidrie Airpark
KBZN Bozeman
KSFF Felts Field
YBAS Alice Springs
YSCB Canberra
YSTW Tamworth

Then we'll be done :)

Thanks John, excellent news. I really miss Creswell...

Regarding V3, I presume ObjectFlow is the main hold-up here (at least for the low-altitude airports). Do you have any rough estimate as to when the first V3 airports may start appearing?

Tym

Yes ObjectFlow is the hold-up and because it's written by a third-party contractor we're not having much luck getting any response from him despite our best efforts, so we are actively investigating alternatives because we can't have this occur each time LM does a point release.

Yes ObjectFlow is the hold-up and because it's written by a third-party contractor we're not having much luck getting any response from him despite our best efforts, so we are actively investigating alternatives because we can't have this occur each time LM does a point release.

LOL What else is new...! I remember reading about that guy not responding a few times before so I think going for an alternative would be appreciated by everyone here. ;)

I hope you manage to get him to cooperate, or at least squeeze the source code out of him so that you can use an alternative developer. Moving to a different solution will inevitably delay things and increase the workload on the developers doing the conversions...

Tym

That's really good news, thanks for your continued support for Prepar3d. I have to say, while Prepar3d3 might look much like Prepar3d2 at first sight, I find the essentially improved performance plus stability a major step forward. 

Kind regards, Michael

Ok problems with V3 are resolved, new DLL not too far away so that's good news.

That's actually frigging excellent news, John... :D

As Michael said, some of the "under-the-hood" improvements are quite significant, so it's good to be able to move forward. Thanks!

Tym

• 3 weeks later...

Archived