I just want to thank John V for his honesty to the community

Jordan King

I have been simming since fs95 when the 737 was painted red and gold and I would probably have better luck with Beyonce than trying to land that 737 back at Meigs Field. In that time I have seen alot of claims, rumors, and speculation, both then and now, when we have a bright but somewhat foggy future as flight simmers as we continue to wonder what will come in the next P3D update or what Dovetail Games have in store for us.

The point being that I appreciate that John has always "kept it real" with us about what to expect from new sims, capabilities, and performance and has never been one to make spectacular claims that would put his company's interests above ours as his customers. Every time he speaks I listen and I take what he says as word because he has never failed to provide a realistic assessment of the current and future state. 

I know some of his words can create some "animosity" towards him from the most reluctant and vocal folks in the FS community, whether it be here or on Avsim. But he has always stayed true to his word and I have never seen him shoot from the hip with his words. Honest, grounded, methodical, clear, and concise are the best words I can think of to describe his character. 

As P3D v3 is around the corner, I appreciate John being there for us when everyone else seems to have an agenda. I dont want to speak on behalf of everyone, but I speak on behalf of my smaller sphere of FS friends when I say thank you for your balance with us as we all navigate the airways ahead of us. They all take us different places, but they all should land us where we decide to go. Thanks John. 

As P3D v3 is around the corner, I appreciate John being there for us when everyone else seems to have an agenda. I dont want to speak on behalf of everyone, but I speak on behalf of my smaller sphere of FS friends when I say thank you for your balance with us as we all navigate the airways ahead of us. They all take us different places, but they all should land us where we decide to go. Thanks John. 

+1, I couldn't agree more, especially about the "agenda" thing. Quite a few 3PDs have used every version upgrade as an excuse for a money grab, making all sorts of ridiculous 'legal' arguments, etc. It's very refreshing to see someone who is always straight about things.

I have no issues paying extra for V3 versions if they require a rework, I guess Jarrad and Alex will have to revisit their high-altitude airports yet again, for example.

BTW, I've just seen JV's reply. Sums up the whole thing rather nicely. John, would it be at all possible to contact you by PM with a question?

Cheers,

Tym

As P3D v3 is around the corner, I appreciate John being there for us when everyone else seems to have an agenda.

All people have agendas.

Some are more tolerable than others, depending on who you are (and what your own agenda is ...). :P

Archived