Goroka Air Services, part 1

Stillwater

Early morning, Goroka Air is heading out of Jacksons to pick up some technicians in Menari.

2015-8-31_14-7OutofAYPY.jpg

Limited view into the valleys...

2015-8-31_14-11-21-415.jpg

2015-8-31_14-17-56-729.jpg

...but finally a gap between the clouds.

2015-8-31_14-35Menari.jpg

A nice place for garden lovers...

2015-8-31_15-0-36-423.jpg

... but the mechanic I picked up in Menari asked me to get some spare parts in Kagi. Spare parts? In this remote place? What the hxxx are they willing to repair?

2015-8-31_15-11Kagi.jpg

Ah, here in Efogi they revealed their business...:

2015-8-31_15-15Efogi.jpg

... Lawn mover maintenance!

2015-8-31_15-16-22-477.jpg

Unfortunately one passenger wanted to be dropped off for hiking in Milei - quite limited visibility...

2015-8-31_15-18Milei.jpg

... and even with visibility it ain´t easy.

2015-8-31_15-25Milei.jpg

Stopped with not much room left.

2015-8-31_15-26Milei.jpg

Climbing out is not much better, ...

2015-8-31_15-30Milei.jpg

... just like the intermediate stop in Boridi.

2015-8-31_15-36Boridi.jpg

The next mechanical task south of the ridge: Myola.

2015-8-31_15-59Myola.jpg

To be continued. But what are they doing in this overwhelming nature with all these movers? Does anyone attempt to get English lawn here? Questions, questions...

fantastic set mate..love the first one

Stu

Verry nice set Gerold!

Smashing shots Gerold !! .

Cheers

Brad

Fantastic shots Gerold!

Thank you, mates. 

Excellent set of shots Gerold.

Great flying too but surely with all the lawnmowers you should have flown the Victa Airtourer.

Martyn, I did not expect these movers all around. It needs to be checked if they are at every Kokoda strip... and there the Airtourer comes into play...

Smashing set indeed.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain.

Great set, enjoyed it a lot, grold. They should have brought the bigger mowers. At least you can sit on them  8)

Indeed they need bigger movers. If one wants to turn the rainforest into Cricket grounds.  ;D

Smashing set, I love it when pilots tell a story and take the time to discover all the subtle features in the scenery, and that lawnmower still mows my lawns to this day. I looked at part 2 first and gave it 5 stars so this needs 5 and a half stars. Thanks Gerald for the great promotion for PNG.

cheers

Ken

Smashing set, I love it when pilots tell a story and take the time to discover all the subtle features in the scenery, and that lawnmower still mows my lawns to this day. I looked at part 2 first and gave it 5 stars so this needs 5 and a half stars. Thanks Gerald for the great promotion for PNG.

cheers

Ken

Thanks for the kind words, Ken. It was my pleasure, i love to discover, and to fly with a story in mind.

Nice ones!, and they do actually mow the strips by hand (except Kokoda, they have a couple of ride-ons)

Unbelievable, Tim. But then, we understand why these runways are so uncommon...

Archived