same old same old ...this time KBVS

shermank

Hi Everyone....I am having a scenery layering issue at CYBD. Photos are attached....I think I have followed all instructions for installation and scenery layering, as well as the correct entry point in FTX Central v2, but, I could be mistaken. Anyway, here is what I am looking at overhead and on the runway. I hope someone can get me out of this mess. Thanks...

Sherm

(EDIT AFTER FIRST POST) after posting I realized I do not have my PNW order number in my signature.I have the boxed edition, purchased from PC Aviator on 9/9/10. I see no order number on my printed invoice which is #237647A. Can I add that to my sig as proof of purchase?

NEW EDIT....ORDER # FROM PC AVIATOR IS 3962 WHICH i WILL ADD TO MY SIG FOR FUTURE POSTS.

2015-8-31_17-29-36-386.md.jpg
2015-8-31_17-29-52-371.md.jpg

I don't know why so many people get these problems...  I have every ORBX product installed via their installers and they all work perfectly, apart from Vector which has some issues, but they are generally region-specific and easily managed by disabling vector as required.

The only time I ever had problems such as your images show was when i tried to shortcut a re-install and moved or copied folders around rather than completely uninstalling and re-installing.

Not saying that's your problem but it might be...

John, I know you mean well, but honestly, I have tried to contribute solutions to people in trouble on this forum to the best of my ability. I suppose in a sense I deserve your comment, but I really am not in the mood to be hauled into the woodshed on this. We all know that these products are complicated. There are times when everything runs great, and others maybe not so much. Anyway, I cannot say this is being caused by the new NALC, but I do know I had no troubles with CYBD before its installation. KBSV. Is another story, probably related to installation of the 1.0 patch, which I did not realize was for the payware KBSV. So, I will eat that one.but, the trees in the water issue is a brand new problem. Sorry to rant, I guess you are trying to help, but frankly, I do not need someone to tell me how Perfect their setup is. All I want is a little advice to cure my problems without a total,reinstall from the ground up.

End of Rant

Sherm

Thanks, Holger....as always to,the rescue.., and a glass of .

I will give these a try...ultimately, and especially after my rant to John, I realize this is my error..this hobby can be so damn frustrating at times. But, finding the help and solutions makes it all more than worthwhile. I will report back with pix after I follow suggestions, which will not be for another 18 hours give or take on my side months globe...

Sherm

My comments were simply to suggest things you might not have considered.  I have bitten the bullet several times and re-installed from the ground up, it doesn't take as long as you might think, and the refreshed FSX can work better than ever before.  

Best of luck.

Thanks, Jack....we do have much the same sceneries, including HD Trees. which I should also add to my signature. Following some of the suggestions offered here and in my related posts, I hope to get back to a pristine setting as it should be.

Sherm

Archived