2015-7-17_21-12Kyoto.jpg

And this is how the usual travellers have to do it:

2015-7-17_21-11-5.jpg

The Imperial Gardens from the air...

2015-7-17_21-13ImperialGardens.jpg

... and from the ground:

2015-7-17_21-15ImperialGardens.jpg

2015-7-17_21-14ImperialGardens.jpg

It takes slightly longer to walk down to Kyoto tower than to fly. This is why you can hardly see it in the screenie (in the left of the picture, underneath nr. "1"), while the view from top was taken a bit later...

2015-7-17_21-16Kyototower.jpg

2015-7-17_21-17Kyototower.jpg

Long time to wait before we get OpenLC_East Asia. What a pity, if you see the Osaka coast...

wow, a walk down the memory lane... have been to Kyoto last december. A 4h ride on the Shinkansen from Tokyo. Unfortunately the imperial palace was closed at that time. But thankfully there are the golden and silver shrines.

When you're over there don't forget to hunt down the Technobrain scenery CDs (at least Naha, Haneda and New Chitose). ;)

Great shots Gerold - from within the sim and the "real world" - bringing back some good memories. However, only made it to Tohoku in the northeast of Honshu, while i was travelling Japan a few years back. I really hope to visit other areas in Japan as well sometime in the future. Until then and for now though i will simply continue enjoying Your great screenshots here! 

great comparison shots, Gerold !

these are the clouds or Smog ? ???  :D

Cheers

Bluebear

Just FS Global real weather, set to the same time of the real life shots. 

wow, a walk down the memory lane... have been to Kyoto last december. A 4h ride on the Shinkansen from Tokyo. Unfortunately the imperial palace was closed at that time. But thankfully there are the golden and silver shrines.

When you're over there don't forget to hunt down the Technobrain scenery CDs (at least Naha, Haneda and New Chitose). ;)

Volker, I suppose you stood in front of this sign:

DSC00738.jpg

We were lucky and found the Imperial Household Office approx. 100 m west of the entrance, got entry cards for the afternoon there.

Great post Mr.Stillwater . :smile: :smile:

Cheers

Brad

My kind of paint Gerold, great shots! :smile:

Thanks Brad & Adam, my pleasure to use such a well-suited livery.

Great shots Gerold - from within the sim and the "real world" - bringing back some good memories. However, only made it to Tohoku in the northeast of Honshu, while i was travelling Japan a few years back. I really hope to visit other areas in Japan as well sometime in the future. Until then and for now though i will simply continue enjoying Your great screenshots here! 

Let´s see what is faster: Your next Japan trip or OpenLC_Asia? At least we have this forum to prepare...

Excellent set Gerold.

Like to see the RL shots too.

Looks like you will need to get the paint brush out and working in the near future.

To be honest I can´t use the paint brush. I simply rely on the dedicated masters around here  ;D .

Nah, both palaces were really closed (for weeks at that time). We were in the tea house and the "academy" in the south of the park, as well as in the Shirakumo shrine. After several days of Tokyo it was really a nice change.

A wonderfull set again Gerold!

Nice set, that plane needs a wash and brush up ^-^

Thank you bith, I´ll do my worst to clean it. I think a little wear fits to this plane quite well...  >:D

Nah, both palaces were really closed (for weeks at that time). We were in the tea house and the "academy" in the south of the park, as well as in the Shirakumo shrine. After several days of Tokyo it was really a nice change.

OK, so no chance for you. But if it may release you: It is not so much outstanding, the other temples / shrines / castles around had the same attractivity (to me). May be there is enough to see for many days...

Archived