Error: Attempt to call nill value

Is there a "prerequisite" for these freebies? I have a couple issues. Just downloaded and installed the free "Global Airport Pack". 1) Not always, but sometimes while I'm loading my flight, FSX shows the progress bar for "loading...xxxxx%". It gets to 100% and stops with a black screen. I have to exit the program to get out of it. 2) Again...this is an intermittent problem. Upon exiting FSX at times I get an error message saying "Attempt to call nill value". I just click it away but it is still annoying. Both of these issues began just after the installation of the airport pack. :blink:

Any thoughts?

BTW...I asked about prerequisites because the only other Orbx product I have installed is the "Nor Cal Region".

Thanks in advance.

Cut n' Paste from Freeware section of ORBX

Freeware FTX Global Airports

global_airportpacks.png

By various contributors, we have bundled up airports into mini-installers which will enhance the FTX Global experience. Be sure to check out the Global Packs and see what we have to offer. And it's all free!

Might have better luck with Global installed on your sim.

Hello Sylvain. Thanks for the suggestion. It won't hurt to try disabling the airports first. To be totally honest with you I'm confused about which of the Orbx products are "stand alone" and which require another product to work properly. I have found that some of the addon airports work fine (even though they are not in my Northern Calif Region). I flew last night without issues. But I'll take your advice and keep you posted.

Thanks again!!

Hello Spud...regarding your cut and paste, I have one for you as well...

"FTX Freeware is designed to be used with FTX products and will not function correctly on their own, but if used with FTX products, they provide yet more enhancements and improvements."

This is from the "FTX Definitive Guide". Now you tell me, which "products" will the freeware function with?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Sylvain. I took your advice and played with the files..I played with many different airports at random. I disabled the airports (no errors). Enabled the airports (no errors). Load Default scenery in FTX Central (no errors). When I tried to switch back to my Orbx Region in FTX Central, I got the following error...."Error switching region". Access to (fsx path)\Orbx\scripts\backup\restore.bat is denied". Then I clicked OK and it appears everything went back to normal. Now I did notice as I was playing with the airports and configurations that many of the airports that came with the pack are close to identical to the default FSX scenery. Other (orbx) airports show a definite difference.

I appreciate your help but can anyone tell me in a definitive manner whether or not the "global airport pack" should be working for me? Or do I need to buy ANOTHER "product" to make it work? The website is very vague about this IMHO.

AFAIK...you need to purchase and install FTX Global Base...IMHO this should be the first addon to any sim...this replaces the default FSX textures world wide and is the base foundation of the sim....then you get hundreds of free airports, and they keep coming, so its pretty hard to not justify the purchase....then be sure to run the latest Orbx libs always last after every scenery addition or change...or just run FTX Central V2 and initiate any updates that it indicates. :)

Thanks for your input Doug. Is it just your opinion that I need FTX Global or is that the official word from Orbx? If it is the official word, they do an excellent marketing job of teasing people with a little milk in hopes that you'll buy the cow. Hmmmmm?!

We create Freeware as a thank you to our customers that support us, and if it brings new customers along, even better.

You are welcome to use the freeware, but bare in mind that it is designed to work with and complement our payware scenery. 

Thanks for your input Doug. Is it just your opinion that I need FTX Global or is that the official word from Orbx? If it is the official word, they do an excellent marketing job of teasing people with a little milk in hopes that you'll buy the cow. Hmmmmm?!

I guess it would be just my opinion...but also in my mind only common sense that a Gobal freeware pack would work best with Global base, as stated above...they are free to use and may or may not work properly without the base product. :)

If that's the case, then that should be stipulated plainly and clearly on the web-page that offers the freeware. I guess buying a particular region is not enough huh? I guess I have to buy the cow.

If that's the case, then that should be stipulated plainly and clearly on the web-page that offers the freeware. I guess buying a particular region is not enough huh? I guess I have to buy the cow.

Actually.... FTX Global Base is not the Cow by a long shot....FTX Global Base is the container that holds the milk from spilling all over the floor so you can enjoy it....:)

Some of the Freeware airports use textures that are only available with Global. They will work without Global but for the best effect Global is required. You may get some odd texture placements around the airports without it. Feel free to download and try the airports. If you like them then Global will make them even better.

Larry

Some of the Freeware airports use textures that are only available with Global. They will work without Global but for the best effect Global is required. You may get some odd texture placements around the airports without it. Feel free to download and try the airports. If you like them then Global will make them even better.

Larry

Thank you larryisenor. Can you tell me if the same goes for the NorCal region? I'm wondering if the region is "self contained"...or am I missing textures in the region as you informed me about the freebies?

Thanks again!

Thank you larryisenor. Can you tell me if the same goes for the NorCal region? I'm wondering if the region is "self contained"...or am I missing textures in the region as you informed me about the freebies?

Thanks again!

The NorCal region is completely self-contained--nothing is missing, land class, textures, mesh, etc.

Archived