First ever alpha screenshots of openLC NA!

Wonderful news !!!

John, don´t want to be pushy but I have been eager to see a more realistic representation of Texas, the Houston area with a deeper green tone for rainy months. I guess this would apply for much of the southeastern US like Tennessee etc. Can you post some ?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Neat!   Will this replace city texture/autogen for areas already covered in FTX packages, for example, NorCal?   Currently the city part of San Francisco looks sparse and suburban, like San Jose, instead of the tighter, rectangular victorian townhouses that are there. 

I expect many older areas of Chicago, Montreal, Brooklyn, Boston, etc will also have this problem.

3 hours ago, spiffy_malice said:

Neat!   Will this replace city texture/autogen for areas already covered in FTX packages, for example, NorCal?   Currently the city part of San Francisco looks sparse and suburban, like San Jose, instead of the tighter, rectangular victorian townhouses that are there. 

openLC is concurent to region and region have higher priority and will beat openLC with own autogen definition.

Guess that region is huge project which can't cover everything, especialy big town like SFO. Make this city much more matching real one means, that is taks for separate projects. For example look at DW Manhattan. Very detailed New Your part, but it is addon on its own.

If I remember correctly, frew weeks ago JV stated somethilg sililar with context to Las Vegas coverage in SoCal.

Concerning San Francisco, there was a CityScape procect similar to Canberra, which initially was announced as freeware, later upgraded to payware. I think this is still somewhere down the pipeline. 

The more interesting question is - dare I? - if the final OpenLC US screenshots announced for late February / Early March will show up sometime now?

Kind regards, Michael

On 3/4/2016 at 5:02 PM, Jiri Kocman said:

openLC is concurent to region and region have higher priority and will beat openLC with own autogen definition.

Guess that region is huge project which can't cover everything, especialy big town like SFO. Make this city much more matching real one means, that is taks for separate projects. For example look at DW Manhattan. Very detailed New Your part, but it is addon on its own.

If I remember correctly, frew weeks ago JV stated somethilg sililar with context to Las Vegas coverage in SoCal.

Yeah, I understand the complexity and limitations.  I guess I wasn't advocating a SF-specific or Boston-specific (etc) architecture, as much as simply an additional type of generic city tile that reflects the denser old-city architecture, that of long rectangular townhouses, rather than the box-street-box that was see in most of the cities currently that looks more like suburban industrial layouts rather than residential apartments from the turn of the century.   But I know it's a big ask.

• 1 month later...

Archived