Very sad news

cptdes

IT IS WITH A SAD HEART THAT i HAVE TO INFORM YOU ALL THAT JOHN Jobber's WIFE IS GRAVELY ILL.

John's wife Sue is gravely ill in hospital and doctors have informed him that the end is near.

Family have flown to Tasmania to be with him, in this his darkest hour.

A lot of you may never have met or dealt with John (jaje) but he is one of the kindest, nicest, people you could ever come across in the Flight sim world

He sent Jane and I a message last night asking us to call him asap and we had a feeling it was about Sue as she has been ill for some time.

I replied and said I would call him first thing this morning due to the time diff between us.

This was his reply...

I probably won't be home - but it is bad news. Sue is desperately ill, and the doctor says that she is very close to the end - not responding to antibiotics at all, and her heart is giving up on her.

I'll let you know later in the day. Our eldest daughter is flying in this morning, so I'm going to the hospital early, then down to pick up Samantha at Devonport.

John and I are like brothers and I could not have a better friend in this world.

I am gutted that I cannot be with him right now to give him support

so I ask all of you to keep him and Sue in your thoughts while he goes through this, as I have done.

He has not been answering the phone all today

so I am assuming he is still at Sue's bedside

Kindest regards to all

Des

Sadly I do not know the John you refer to, but my heart goes out to him. No one should have to go through this terrible experience.. My wife and i will be praying for Sue, and for John. Teecee.

IT IS WITH A SAD HEART THAT i HAVE TO INFORM YOU ALL THAT
John's wife Sue is gravely ill in hospital and doctors have informed him that the end is near.
Family have flown to Tasmania to be with him, in this his darkest hour.

He sent Jane and I a message last night asking us to call him asap and we had a feeling it was about Sue.

This is what he said
" Sue is desperately ill, and the doctor says that she is very close to the end - not responding to antibiotics at all, and her heart is giving up on her.
I'll let you know later in the day. Our eldest daughter is flying in this morning, so I'm going to the hospital early, then down to pick up Samantha at Devonport."

John and I are like brothers and I could not have a better Flightsim friend in this world, even though we are a continent apart.

An avid Flightsim enthusiast from the very early days and a strong advocate and supporter of ORBX, he now has to face a life alone at aged 75.

I am gutted that I cannot be with him right now to give him support
so I ask all of you to keep him and Sue in your thoughts while he goes through this.

I managed to speak to him last night and he told me that life support would be turned off soon after her grandson (who is flying  to Tasmania) got the opportunity to say goodby.

He also thanked me for letting everyone in the flightsim world know the situation.

Kindest regards to all
Des

I remember Jaje as a long time simmer.  Sorry to hear about his pending loss.  My thoughts and prayers go out to him.  I also lost my mate of 33 yrs a few years back.  My heart aches for what he is about to go through in the coming moments/days.

FINAL UPDATE

Sadly John's wife has passed away peacefully surrounded by family.

Spoke to him this morning.
He asked me to say thanks on his behalf to all those who posted their thoughts and wishes.
Even though some of you are a world apart, he considers each and every one of you a friend.

When the time is right he said he will respond to you all personally.

Archived