Throttle Units

chumley

I have been looking around for a decent throttle unit to use in lieu of the one on my current yoke as I intend to dispose of it ias soon as practicable.

The problem I now have it that I have seen so many and of course read the 'horror' stories that I am completely baffled as to the direction to take.

So armed with a few details on what I would like out of the exercise I thought I would seek the collective advice of this group.

Basically I want to be able to have something that will control spoilers, flaps and throttles for twins, singles and commercial type twin engined aircraft.

Please let me know of your experiences as I am keen to move this matter forward.

I use CH yoke pedals and quadrant.  Happy with them.  But I don't know of any way you can use it for all three aircraft types without having to reconfigure it between types.  I can fly singles and twins without changing a thing but if I want to fly 4 engine I just use it as 1 throttle controls all 4 engines.  Howdever I think if I sat down and worked it out I could set up a 4 engine profile in FSUIPC as well.

I have. Fright prices are a bit, well more than a bit steep though.

Also looked at the Goflight TQ6 Adv and the other one.

I guess the PFC has to be imported from the US. haven't seen it from an Aussie supplier.

I'm happy from what I have read and seen with the PFC equipment. It's just the freight charges that are bordering on extortion. I would need both the quadrant and the console it attaches to in the first instance and the postal quote was $90 for the quadrant alone and $249 for quadrant plus console by International Mail.

As a further question, would I be correct is my assumption that the Saitek and PFC equipment works with P3D.

I use go flights GFTQ6. I had the unit sent from America but one of the levers was unresponsive about 12 months later. After a phone call GoFlight sent a complete set of control mounts with pots for no charge. Fantastic unit with good after sales service, the unit is now 5 years old and going strong

Ken

I'm happy from what I have read and seen with the PFC equipment. It's just the freight charges that are bordering on extortion. I would need both the quadrant and the console it attaches to in the first instance and the postal quote was $90 for the quadrant alone and $249 for quadrant plus console by International Mail.

As a further question, would I be correct is my assumption that the Saitek and PFC equipment works with P3D.

Freight will be expensive - these units are really solid.

On the P3D, I'd be very surprised if they didn't, my unit is more than a few years old, so it had the serial (I think) interface.  I'd swapped the interface for a USB board from Beta Innovations.  I be more than a little surprised if the newer units didn't work with P3D.

The Saitek Yoke and the X52 Pro both work fine with P3d.

Cheers Reg.

Yes, they work perfectly.

Archived