An old "Stringbag"

A string bag (or two or three) is what I used to take with me down to the Co-op for the weekly shop with my mum, hoping for a reward (a stick of liquorice or this week's "Eagle").

You'd have to be *incredibly* brave to fly one of these at 60 knots anywhere near a group of German battleships/cruisers.

swordfish_01_266_1280.jpg

Freeware Swordfish in P3Dv2 - Hauraki Gulf/NZNI.

Adam.

My string bag trips to the Coop were usually solo.  The responsibility of guarding the ration books and getting the correct brand of bacon (Wiltshire) was a lot for a ten year old.  Another in a series of fine shots.

I wasn't going to put any freeware on my P3D install, but I cannot resist planes like this.

Those were such brave airmen in those days, sadly not many left. I wonder what they would think about the aircraft of today.

String bags, Co-op( "come co-operative shopping") and the Eagle, thanks for stirring the memory Adam and Oldendirt. Used to love the old Sainsbury shops in Leatherhead and Guildford where the people served you. Bacon cut to order and real round cheddar cheese with rind on it could eat a kilo of that right now.

Archived