Trees HD - Improved Fall and Spring, with Comparison Shots!

Hi TTM,

there are already a couple of screenshots with the pink cherry blossom on the first page, for example the third one from the bottom: 

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2015/03/31/fc17fa2cfb8fe508375bfc2b0db96a22.jpg

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger

I missed this thread , there appear to have been several on the well received Trees HD.

Need to get out flying & find them! ::) 

TTM 

Thanks Holger

I missed this thread , there appear to have been several on the well received Trees HD.

Need to get out flying & find them! ::)

TTM 

Hi TTM,

So sorry I've only just got around to seeing your other post asking about the Cherry blossoms now but I'm pleased to see Holger has already pointed you in the right direction. So by now, you know that the trees you referred to having seen around Cardiff airport in Spring were not the pink Cherry blossoms and that something was probably not set up correctly, perhaps the month or season you selected maybe?! But just wanted to add, you'll find them in many, many places in all the right climate zones. Can I suggest, give Japan a try too, they really look beautiful there too! Hope you're sorted now and enjoy seeing them in Springtime... :smile: Let us know how you get on. :smile:

Hi TTM,

So sorry I've only just got around to seeing your other post asking about the Cherry blossoms now but I'm pleased to see Holger has already pointed you in the right direction. So by now, you know that the trees you referred to having seen around Cardiff airport in Spring were not the pink Cherry blossoms and that something was probably not set up correctly, perhaps the month or season you selected maybe?! But just wanted to add, you'll find them in many, many places in all the right climate zones. Can I suggest, give Japan a try too, they really look beautiful there too! Hope you're sorted now and enjoy seeing them in Springtime... :smile: Let us know how you get on. :smile:

Hi Sid

I flew out of Osaka, Japan this morning set to Spring, but didn't spot any Cherry Blossom  in the suburbs. I also tried Vermont in Fall, [October], & didn't spot any golden foliage.

So I am beginning to think I haven't set something correctly.

I have read the HD Trees manual & tweaked FTX Central V2 settings per the manual.

I wonder if you could do me a favor so I can test my settings.

Could you give me the following data for a flight that you know goes over Cherry Blossom, so that I can load it into Flight Planner & test my system:

Departure airport code/ date/time/ heading on tarmac prior to takeoff.

It might be something like: take off from Cardiff on 6/1/2015 at 12pm, head Mag 290 for 10 miles climbing to 3,000',  turn to head Mag 240 & 5 miles down that track you should see  pink cherry blossom near a village.

Or something like that.

Would be appreciated

Cheers

TTM

Sid

Don't worry about the Cherry Blossom flight.

Have now found them.

Flew out of Osaka again & there they were.

Only change I made was to rejig the openLC Scenery Library entries per Orbx guidelines, which I found in a post today.

Now have FTX above openLC.

Previously it was other way around. Not sure if or how that kicks in the Cherry Blossoms.

Haven't got Fall gold shades  in Vermont yet, but can get them on the FTX airport scenery areas, such as Twin Oaks.

TTM

Sid

Don't worry about the Cherry Blossom flight.

Have now found them.

Flew out of Osaka again & there they were.

Only change I made was to rejig the openLC Scenery Library entries per Orbx guidelines, which I found in a post today.

Now have FTX above openLC.

Previously it was other way around. Not sure if or how that kicks in the Cherry Blossoms.

Haven't got Fall gold shades  in Vermont yet, but can get them on the FTX airport scenery areas, such as Twin Oaks.

TTM

So glad you found the Cherry blossoms TTM! I wonder if you have FTX Central v2 setup absolutely right? Check the settings tab at the bottom-left corner of Central and then check the 'Scenery' heading under the 'General' tab. Make sure you have both 'Use Orbx trees' and 'Use FTX Trees HD' selected. If that doesn't get you the HD trees everywhere, and as I'm not sure of your exact setup, it may be best that you post a support question in the support section of the Forum...A lot of clever heads, technically a lot smarter than myself down there. I do hope you can get things set up so that these HD trees show up everywhere for you as they really are lovely! Good luck my friend! I know its not much but hope it can at least give you some advice and help into getting it working solid for you and no longer requiring any unnecessary effort. :smile:

Sid

Thanks for all your help.

Will check out FTX Central v2 per your suggestions

TTM

Anytime buddy! :smile: Sorry if it doesn't help but do log a support question if it doesn't...I'm sure you'll get some more help and advise from those who know better.

Kind regards,

Sid

Anytime buddy! :smile: Sorry if it doesn't help but do log a support question if it doesn't...I'm sure you'll get some more help and advise from those who know better.

Kind regards,

Sid

Thanks Sid

Was in Washington State this morning in Fall & there were Fall colors everywhere!!.

Go Figure.

If you have time could you check something out for me please ?

If you could set your FTX Central V2 to Global/Hybrid

Then in Flight Planner set the following to position your aircraft at WA42 Staceys Field, WA:

Airport: United States, Washington, WA42 Stacey's field

Season: Fall

Time: Day, say 10am

Position aircraft there, then from a "behind the aircraft while waiting to take off view",  look to the right of the aircraft

Do you see a small hangar with what appears to be some  'shelving" sticking out towards your aircraft, with a wing on it, & 1/2 an aircraft fuselage near the far end of the hangar?

trying to figure out if that is what is actually there or if my screen image is 'off'

Thanks

Cheers

TTM

• 2 weeks later...

The new improved textures....

If you refer to Scott's initial post in this topic, this was made before the release of TreesHD. He was referring to an improvement he made during the development of TreesHD.

Archived