Time for the Rust Remover!

Michael Copp

Next Saturday, I'm planning a real world flight from Debert, Nova Scotia over to Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island to attend a "Rust Remover" seminar (Clubs host these every spring across Canada - they help pilots get back into a flying state of mind after our long winter!). Here's a link to the flight plan:

http://skyvector.com/?ll=45.87369236628738,-63.285095207574805&chart=301&zoom=4&plan=A.CY.CCQ3:A.CY.CYYG

As is my usual practice, I decided to do a simulated version of the flight over to the Island and back in Prepar3d (just to warm me up for the real thing). To have a little bit of fun, I captured some screen shots during my flight, and put them together like a comic book - I hope you like them!

CCQ3_CYYG_Page_1.jpg

CCQ3_CYYG_Page_2.jpg

Keeping my fingers crossed for fair weather on the 28th...

PS: Is that pure FTX Global in Charlottetown? Looks great.

Hi Gerold,

It's actually an airport done by a third-party developer (they've created a number of nicely detailed airports for the Atlantic Canada area - perhaps if Orbx ever decides to do a "New England and the Maritimes" region, they could partner up!)

Michael

Hope you enjoy your flight and the rust is painlessly removed!

Hopefully I don't have too much rust to be removed this year - I've tried to do some real-world flights at least once or twice a month through the winter (but it's been tough at times; we've had an awful lot of snow arrive since Christmas):

WinterFlyingDebertMarch2015.jpg

It's always a good rule of thumb to attend these seminars though - they're open to everyone, they're free, and you always learn something new!

Is the paint and reg the same on the sim Piper as your real one?

It is:

9454683056_bf773eecf4_k.jpg

The people from ScanSim offered to do a WOJ livery for the new version of their PA140 FSX/P3D aircraft model, and it was just to cool a thing to pass up! BTW, their model is great both visual and flight dynamics wise, and very reasonably priced...

Archived