FYI

orbxsystems.com

Ray ID: 1bb84eda788119b6                    16.31PM

Ray ID: 1bb852154bdf19ce                      16.32PM

Aussiex.org

Ray ID: 1bb84f2c97f419d4.                    16.30PM

Ray ID: 1bb853a3dea719ce                  16.33PM

ALL BACK ON                                            16.35PM

Finally tracked it down.. $2 switch on the outside of the tower on one of the motherboards that drives the tower cluster.

Wow! Well done, mate!

Kiwi Oscar for you!

kiwi_oscar_159_235.jpg

We had a similar problem in an ISP that I worked for once ... that had a whole bank of very expensive Cisco routers. It turned out one of them was (very intermittently) flooding the network. That took about a week solid to track down as well - with half a dozen techies working at it at once. I don't think the solution was in the $2 bracket :lol: but I think they got Cisco to cough up!

Adam.

I don't have a picture lol I am in Sydney, the datacenter is not here but it was a powerSWCPKR switch with a short, this one powers one of the incoming and outgoing datacable arrays.

I work closely with a tech in the datacentre and I get him to do what I want him to do basically and as all software was ok, all servers themselves were measured through for hardware errors the only possible solution had to be found on the outside.

I've seen worse though, a backup system going down for a bank due to moisture on the board from the airconditioning that was set to the wrong setting (non dehumidifying mode)

Archived