Using Orbx products with FSX: Steam Edition (FAQ)

Are object flow and people flow the same? I have people flow in FSX-SE

No they are not. PeopleFlow is animated human characters. They can be placed in the scenery without using Objectflow.dll, in which case you will see them in FSX:SE. However in many cases developers control the sort of clothing the animated people wear, such as summer clothing in summer and heavier clothing in winter etc. Also they may not have people waiting to board aircraft in the middle of the night for example. 

So in instances where developers use the objectflow.dll to control PeopleFlow animated characters, they won't be seen in FSX:SE until our DLL is working correctly.

• Upvote 1

I know development takes time, but with now two flight sim platforms technically held hostage by the ObjectFlow.dll is there any estimate available on time frame for the SE version compatibility?  Thank you in advance

I dont know if I would use the term "hostage" but I think it has been made clear that there is a "vendor" or 3rd party that is part of the process. For now I can live without objectflow until Orbx goes through that process. 

I know development takes time, but with now two flight sim platforms technically held hostage by the ObjectFlow.dll is there any estimate available on time frame for the SE version compatibility?  Thank you in advance

Perhaps if Dovetail had been a little more proactive with third-party developers in advance of the issue of FSX:SE then this problem might well have been solved by now.

Guys, I'm not here to debate which developer should have, could have, or developer failures in communication.  As a customer, I believe it is a valid question in that the .dll in question is owned by ORBX and not Dovetail or P3D and as a concerned customer owning FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D2, I am asking in the support area where the .dll issue has been open the longest.  I guess that offends the sensibilities of some people, but as a painter on another developers site, I am concerned now with two platforms having a .dll issue because I will not publish screenshots of ORBX products having issues to prevent negativity on my part towards any developers product.

And since a legitimate question has been met with animosity and the blame game, I get the feeling that this "Support" forum isn't as "Customer oriented" as the website propaganda makes it out to be.  Just my impressions thus far. 

• Upvote 2

I have both FSX and FSX-SE installed on the same machine.  FSX-SE run smoother, but I also need the multiplayer direct connect feature in FSX. I would appreciate clarification on whether or not an installer is being developed that will let me install FTX Global, which I now use with FSX, into FSX-SE as well.

Thx,

Al

As I understand, no.

The present installer will work if only FSX-SE is installed

but not if both are.

There is a very useful topic here

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89673-temporary-workaround-for-installing-orbx-scenery-with-fsxse/

which explains how to make the present installer work with a dual installation.

By the way, your question is answered in the very first post in this topic..........

It was not clear to me if the update to item #4 in the first post in this thread, which mentioned hundreds of installers, was just referring to the many airport installers, etc,  or also to the more all encompassing and extensive programs like FTX Global, FTX Vector, etc,  as well.

Thanks for the clarification.

Al

Hey,

I am struggling with getting Orbx eu eu England installed and working, I have followed all instrustion and selected Europe on ftx, is there anything else I need to do or someone that can help? I am interested in getting the global as well if I can get England working.

This is on fsx on steam, I have not got the disk version.

Thanks in advance

I have just installed ORBX Global onto my machine following the instructions and everything seemed to be OK till it tried to run Central when it said that it couldn't find 'scenery.cfg'. The installation was into FXS:SE. Full address is C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/FSX. The scenery folder is then to be found in SimObjects/Airplanes/. My question is this "Is the Scenery folder supposed to be here or is it supposed to be where the original Scenery folder is?"

The new files were installed on the 30th Jan. but the only scenery.cfg file is dated 19th and refers to the original install of FSX:SE.

I hope my question is not too confusing but I think that the files are in the wrong place, hence ORBX can't find the scenery.cfg.

Any ideas from anyone?

Thanks Nick.

I found that post after I'd made my request and I've now got it all working. It took me some working out but I got there. As you said, an excellent topic and solution to my problem. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I have noticed one bug tonight though. I did a short flight from Liverpool (EGGP) to Hawarden (EGNR), my local airports. No problem. I then switched to Moorabbin (YMMB) and FSX locked up whilst loading the scenery files and shut itself down. On restart everything loaded up at Moorabbin and I flew a circuit there.

Intrigued, I then switched to Chicago O'Hare and, once again, the scenery didn't load, FSX shut down then everything was OK on the restart. Is this a known bug? I'm using Windows 8.1 btw.

The only way I was to use all the "scenery" I spent WAY to much money on was to go and buy the disc version of FSX, Delete EVERYTHING, Wipe it all with cleaner and start over. This whole Steam thing was Bull S.

I might be mistaken but the vast majority of people who buy this scenery think that its fairly easy to install and enjoy. I want to fly my sim. Thats taken a back seat because all I do now is tweak this and fix that.

The Steam edition was great all the way up to the point where all the extra addons that people made a ton of money on wasnt compatible. Maybe it is maybe it isnt.

Figure it out or say it doesnt work. Dont give the people who ask questions attitude.