My First Look - EU Norway - P3D2.4

Thanks guys, glad you like them...

Starting from Trondheim... I changed the season and TOD and was quickly seduced by the lighting, and the way it picks out the complexity of the terrain in this area... Of course winter always means a low sun being so far north, so this lighting is quite typical at this time of year.

vwGmB.jpg

MFp6n.jpg

Change to Winter.

zwSeV.jpg

hGF8D.jpg

7rcOw.jpg

kNDCF.jpg

Iilgx.jpg

rPRu.jpg

FslUS.jpg

JaFoG.jpg

A4k1D.jpg

hYQ4t.jpg

Yes indeed Howard, isn't it just, I haven't either...

...What a shot Mark! :o

All these shots are amazing and full of atmosphere. I've been watching a fair bit of Nordic Noir lately and its great to see these various seasonal shots you guys are showcasing really bring out that atmosphere into the simulator and that will satisfy my current Nordic appetite just nicely ;)  ::)

The only thing missing is the Aurora Borealis! Boy do I miss those from FS9. Imagine the shots of this Region then! If only there was some way Active Sky Next or the Lockheed Martin Prepar3D team or someone could find a way to bring the Northern and Southern Lights into the sim for us!

Boy do I love that last shot with the fog in that valley!

Great photographic work all round! Keep 'em coming guys, can't get enough of these...Wow!  :D

Thank you, Mark. That was very cool, I can see where I used to live in one of the screenshots. The placement of roads and rivers makes the area very recognizable, the airport is pretty impressive too, considering it's made with stock buildings.

Thanks again. :)

Stunning shots all the way Mark!

And very atmospheric indeed.

I am still not sure about the P3D specific "darkness" - although being fully aware of the fact that we are "up the north" here - but other than that i can only repeat what was pointed out above:

Grand shots from Yours, capturing the uniqueness of this forthcomming scenery package real wonderfully!

Thank You very much for sharing!

Very impressed with your shots as always Mark, this does look like a very special region, I am really enjoying the previews!

If you get any time could you possibly take some shots from around Alta airport (ENAT), the circling approach to runway 29 looks nice!

Many thanks.

Stunning shots all the way Mark!

And very atmospheric indeed.

I am still not sure about the P3D specific "darkness" - although being fully aware of the fact that we are "up the north" here - but other than that i can only repeat what was pointed out above:

Thank you Christoph... I must admit I don't find P3D particularly dark, in fact, with the contrast the shadows create I see the sim as being full of light. There are things you can do to change the lighting, such as tweaks to the bloom, and adaptation or turning HDR off altogether if you find things a bit heavy... Having lots of cloud coverage will of course make the terrain dark, as will time of day, esp. with terrain shadows, as in a lot of the above shots... though I like the way it defines the landscape.

Very impressed with your shots as always Mark, this does look like a very special region, I am really enjoying the previews!

If you get any time could you possibly take some shots from around Alta airport (ENAT), the circling approach to runway 29 looks nice!

Many thanks.

Sure... I did a flight from Alta just a little while ago, before getting the beta... so it will be interesting to look at it again.

Mark, do you use REX in these shots?

Would be happy to see some shots from this and this area as well. ::)  

He-he... I will take a look at those areas too, a bit later, if time allows :smile:

I use REX4 Texture Direct in all my shots.

Thank you Christoph... I must admit I don't find P3D particularly dark, in fact, with the contrast the shadows create I see the sim as being full of light. There are things you can do to change the lighting, such as tweaks to the bloom, and adaptation or turning HDR off altogether if you find things a bit heavy... Having lots of cloud coverage will of course make the terrain dark, as will time of day, esp. with terrain shadows, as in a lot of the above shots... though I like the way it defines the landscape.

Hi Mark!

I am still using FSX, so i really appreciate Your information around various P3D settings here - and i think it is HDR that makes it a bit to dark for my taste - but then again:

Your images are amazing and very atmospheric, so overall i am not really worried at all - in fact and on the contrary:

I am most positively excited about the many options available even today!

So again saying:

Thank You very much for Your informative words here - and now ...

Awaiting Your new preview shots from Norway!

;):smile:

Archived