What are YOUR fps in kmry?

OscarGrant

Hi again, with the Iris A-10 (moderate hit on FPS), all around the runway (looking at it in VC) or on this one I'm in between 20-28.

I have seen once or twice 18 or so. Flying around the whole scenery I'm anywhere between 25-45 FPS.

ASN is running with Plan-G and a few gauge on another screen. On top I have a 30in monitor (not a tV).

Wile filming on replay I'm around 20 using Bandicam.

Ben

on the bae 146 I get from 24+, and doesn't matter if I change my autogen from very dense to normal is still the same. do yall think if I buy a gtx 780 my fps would go up? I have a gtx 660 right now

Hi Oscar, FSX or P3D? What about your rig (CPU)?

24+ with the 146 around any addon airport is pretty good.

Anyone here will tell you that FSX is CPU hungry. But it's no true in some ways, try to run FSX only IN FSX world and your FPS will be close to 100.

What is killing us is those complex addon airplane and scenery, and they are graphical heavy.

It's been a wile that I'm thinking of changing my GPU but at the time I paid a lot of money for my GTX590 and I don't see any GOOD reason to upgrade now. 

Ben 

on the bae 146 I get from 24+, and doesn't matter if I change my autogen from very dense to normal is still the same. do yall think if I buy a gtx 780 my fps would go up? I have a gtx 660 right now

G'day there - KMRY is a pretty "lean and mean" scenery, but the big asset available to you is the control panel (accessed via the FTX Central app) - there are an enormous amount of options available to you to help with performance if you're looking to increase the numbers. My recommendations? Selecting 1024 textures, disabling animated people, disabling GA Aviaiton Static Aircraft, disabling static people and then grass (in that order). Otherwise have a play around with your FSX scenery settings - for the biggest changes (fps-wise) try dialling down AI to almost zero (especially if you use default AI - that's a massive resource hog), lowering your water settings to low-2x or high-1x, and disabling scenery shadows. My rig is approaching four years old (see specs below), and on approach to KMRY in the QW 146 I'm getting around 35-40fps, on the ground about the same. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

So you get a consistent 30fps in any weather?

Yes sir,

Never had an issue, the only places I have troubles are the Seattle area, Squamish and Airdrie with or without weather.

In those places I get 24 to 25fps, not a slide show but noticeable.

Honestly, I don't really pay attention to my fps as long as things run smooth, only reason I really checked was because of this thread.

I use Carenado,Alebeo,Qualitywings 146 & 757, aerosoft twotter and beaver x just to name a few of the planes I use and never see stutters, also use ezdok,trackir,Accufeel,fspassengers and air hauler, none of these cause me any issues either, I'm loving my setup right now!

I only see the occasional hiccup but very very few and far between.

Also, my system "only" runs FSX and P3D v2.4, nothing else

35-40!? that's exactly what I didn't wana hear now im really worried. whats your frame rate limit set to in fsx? like 30, 35, 40, what?i tried dialing back the autogen to normal but fps don't change with that. I zeroed ai and I gain like 2 fps lol. I have texture resolution at 1024. by the way I have an i7 4790k and the gtx 660

KMRY is a killer for me. Depending on the direction of view, I am down to below 20, whereas I usually do not go far below my locked 30 in any area of OrbX scenery (besides big cities, of course). In my case, it was somehow connected with the windfarms, disabling them restored the FPS pretty much, even if they are not even close to KMRY. Still I get those strange FPS drops when looking south - southeast from KMRY.

But in the end, FPS numbers of other users are basically... well... useless. Unless they post all their FSX.cfg and a complete hardware component list together with every little detail setting in FSX, weather software, FTX central, FTX vector (of they have), day of flight, AI traffic they use etc., the FPS are basically not reproducible at all. It is basically impossible to have two times the same FSX setup, therefore it serves nothing to ask other people for their FPS. Nothing besides the fact that you get mad because you do not reach the same numbers...

Well I admit I am sceptical, but maybe I am missing something. I live in hope that I may be able to build a system that can run weather. Perhaps you could list your specs?

Check sig. for specs

cfg. tweaks:

Bufferpools=0

AM=14

FFTF=.10

LOD=5.5

evc96.jpg

Oz0b6.jpg

Some screenshots of QW146 at KMRY

aCP4d.jpg

ibfHD.jpg

6mzxo.jpg

lHI.jpg

bQrw.jpg

Wt3eV.jpg

Hope this helps a bit Mark and Oscar, I don't have the strongest system but it runs FSX like a Dream, not so much P3D v2.4 right now though, that will get a new system ;)

Hope this helps a bit

Thanks. I note a few concesssions in settings I have turned up higher, (texture res 7cm, scenery complexity max, cloud coverage max). I will try those out. Also the FFTF, which seems aggressively high. I will also try to work out how to see your sig.

[Later]

Just noted you are apparently running at 1080p, which is likely a big factor. That's about half the pixels I am driving. Not sure how significant the other differences in our specs are (i5 v i7, GTX 670 v 680, 2100MHz v 1600 memory).

Thanks. I note a few concesssions in settings I have turned up higher, (texture res 7cm, scenery complexity max, cloud coverage max). I will try those out. Also the FFTF, which seems aggressively high. I will also try to work out how to see your sig.[Later]Just noted you are apparently running at 1080p, which is likely a big factor. That's about half the pixels I am driving. Not sure how significant the other differences in our specs are (i5 v i7, GTX 670 v 680, 2100MHz v 1600 memory).

It took me 6 years and 4 systems to find the perfect balance in settings for this pig of a sim.

The FFTF .10 works well on my system, never had a blurred textures with my settings

I can run Max settings, but that's when I don't get smooth performance everywhere, just some places, so that's why I scaled back a bit, to tell you the truth, to me it's not that much of a difference from my max setting setup.

Archived