NZMF elevation since NZSI SP3

Jethro VH-JET

Hi fellas,

Just thought I would ask if you could help me with a New elevation issue at NZMF Milford Sound AP since installing NZSI SP3.

Installation:

• FTXCentral was set to Oceania before install of SP3 and applied as per installer routine. 
  • No issues with NZMF elevations previously
  • No issues with NZSI previously
  • NZSI SP1 & SP2 working perfectly prior to install
  • Latest OrbxLibs installed v140703 for FSX
  • I am not using Vector
  • Mesh is set at 5m
  • Tested in Oceania 'Region'

Since installing NZSI SP3 I have a sunken runway & taxiway with the Helo pads all on a raised mound, there is a raised mound between taxiway and runway the roadway and parking behind the hut are elevated also. Can you advise if I need to reinstall NZMF to correct the veg mounds. 

Greatly appreciate your help  Jeff 

Before SP3 everything perfect   

Cxtdv.jpg

GyK2H.jpg

mW8yB.jpg

4uIyb.jpg

After SP3

9OmMw.jpg

Fow0G.jpg

6riA.jpg

7MaIZ.jpg

please check the elevation adjustment files in the scenery world scenery folder for NZMF, ther should be only one active when Oceania is active it should be set with a .bgl extension if there's one with .off extension then either rename it or in case there's a .bgl version as well delete it, fire up fsX and it should be OK again

Hi Wolter,

And thankyou for your quick response, that was the very first thing I checked, only one ( ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZMF_elevation_adjustment.BGL ) it is not .OFF (pic below) I must have done something else wrong but can't imagine what. Still see the Mounds and elevations

rPzav.jpg

After installing SP3 I did get the wrong elevation and was solved by re-installing NZQN, BUT some of the lighting around the houses are using the old style lighting.

I found this out when I had to enable old lights in order to see the lights around the houses.

Maybe a patch is needed for NZQN?

The latest Library was installed as I usually do. 

Maybe other users can confirm the issue with old style lighting at NZQN. A simple enable & disable of the old lighting system will show that the lights near the houses at NZQN will go off with switch set to day time. Try it.

Hi guys,

as far as I know all of our stand-alone airport products use the "old style" lighting and there are no plans to change this. In fact I'd say that's more of a plus than a minus. The main reason we're switching the FTX regions to the new lighting system is to improve performance given the tens of thousands of lights in a user's viewshed. That's not an issue with the much smaller airport coverage areas which, at most, have placed a few hundred lights. Plus, the old style has lamppost, which looks much better, IMO, in the high-detail environment of the airports.

In short, use the FTX Night switch to keep the airport lights active and use both the FTXLights and Global Light Configurator to adjust the default parameters to your liking.

Cheers, Holger

This is getting more and more a pain in the @ss as time goes on. So after installing SP3 last night, and spending 3 hours defragging the whole bloody drive, now I have to Re-install an OLD product to make it right, and defrag all over again for another 3 hours?

Man that sucks. Why don't you TEST this stuff?

One pi$$ed off customer.

This is getting more and more a pain in the @ss as time goes on. So after installing SP3 last night, and spending 3 hours defragging the whole bloody drive, now I have to Re-install an OLD product to make it right, and defrag all over again for another 3 hours?

Man that sucks. Why don't you TEST this stuff?

One pi$$ed off customer.

Hi Tony

No need to go overboard on defragging.  Once you have defragged prior to the install of any scenery file, the file will normally install in a single block, and therefore defragging will accomplish nothing, as the files will not be fragmented.  

After the install of SP3 last night, I re-installed NZMF and NZQN, which added about three minutes to the whole process.

There may be a reason why the NZSI packs have a slightly different set of flattens to the airport packs.  Those who don't have the airports might be faced with other problems if the wrong flattens are introduced in a service pack.

Eventually the service pack installer might be smart enough to recognise the installed airports and adjust the installation routines for each user's configuration, at the moment though it's probably not a viable option.

Hi hkterry,

Your product list does not mention that you have Payware FTX NZSI, the elevation problem occurs with " Payware Milford Sound NZMF" and NZQN after installation of "NZSI SP3", requiring the user to Re-install the FTX NZMF & NZQN,  you have NZMF in your list. The issue is NOT FTXGlobal or Vector related.

If you have the "NZSI Region"  along with NZMF and have installed NZSI SP3, reset NZMF CPL to defaults make sure FTXCentral is set and Applied to "OCEANIA"  then reinstall Milford Sound NZMF, your elevations should be back to normal. You will have to reinstall the Latest libraries currently v140703 as well because an older version came with the Milford Sound NZMF package.

John, I defrag my FSX drive by Folder/File name, so the files are sequentially placed in alphabetical order. Have been doing it this way for years, so even re-installing the library files causes a long defrag time.

It may be unnecessary, but it works well for me.

Archived