Internet ads, what a pain, any cure?

I've recently started to get blitzed with adverts that are driving me nuts. I've had up to 5 on one screen, some even cover what I'm trying to read. I've upped my MS security to max, MS Defender doesn't seem to do anything. I have WinZip Malware, but I don't think that works for normal ads. Is there a better way to block these things? If anyone has a cure please let me know. Thanks.

Don

Like Ben said, Adblock works a treat.

Use Firefox or Chrome (whatever your pleasure is, depending on how afraid you may be of Google tracking everything... ;) ), and then from their addon options install Adblock or Adblock Plus. They are both different programs,  but Adblock Plus actually lets some non-interfering ads through.

Appreciate this thread., I all of a sudden have been getting blasted with ads and can't figure out why. My system is pretty good security wise but the last couple of weeks have been a real nuisance.

I had the same problem with IE ( I normally use Firefox or Chrome ). Next time it happens look for a very small ID in the top right hand side of one of the offending windows. I think it was called AD something or other.

Anyway when you find the name just look in Add Remove programs, you will  find it there. I have accidently downloaded it twice, must read the small print.

Cheers, Rick

Archived