openLC EU Germany, 2 shots

Hello all,

Here's two sneak alpha build shots from Germany in the current season. Looks pretty much how I saw it when I flew over Germany a few days ago.

1sxhz.jpg

BPTI4.jpg

Emmsie and crew will have a bunch of shots from the Netherlands, Germany etc in the coming week or so.

Perfect! That's what I have been looking forward to see for a long time

I have been flying hundreds of hours all over Germany (IRL) and that's definitely how it should look like :)

Being from Germany there is one thing you might consider, although I assume that one has to bear in mind that this is a EU and not a FTX Germany product:

The colour of the roof tiles varies depending on the region. The majority of the tiles is red. However in the general area of the rhine-valley between Mainz and Cologne, stretching into the Sauerland the tiles are grey because of the shale in the region. 

A rough map of tiling forms and colourization can be found here

http://www.zeit.de/2012/16/Deutschlandkarte-Daecher.

Hello all,

Here's two sneak alpha build shots from Germany in the current season. Looks pretty much how I saw it when I flew over Germany a few days ago.

Emmsie and crew will have a bunch of shots from the Netherlands, Germany etc in the coming week or so.

This is the exact picture that i see when i look out the window :) Very nicely done ORBX!!!!! Seeing these pictures every year i know winters gone and summer is coming!!!

What airline took you over germany?

Great to see teasers of Germany...and these are only the Alphas?!

Magic...truly Magic! Gorgeous local seasonal colour, texture and autogen work for Deutschland too! ::)

And again, its seems on the whole to be really passing the great test of those who know the country best. Wonderful to see ::)

Thanks again for these teasers! ::)

Sid

Being from Germany there is one thing you might consider, although I assume that one has to bear in mind that this is a EU and not a FTX Germany product:

The colour of the roof tiles varies depending on the region. The majority of the tiles is red. However in the general area of the rhine-valley between Mainz and Cologne, stretching into the Sauerland the tiles are grey because of the shale in the region. 

A rough map of tiling forms and colourization can be found here

http://www.zeit.de/2012/16/Deutschlandkarte-Daecher.

Excellent point! Correct roof colours  do  add a lot  to immersion! But I think this would be asking for too much.

Ah, the yellow rapeseed fields - that`s really how southern Germany looks like in spring. Thanks for those, I`m really looking forward to seeing some more in next few days.

Cheers,

Fabian

Nice previews indeed! But please keep in mind that the rapeseed is in flower something between April and June, so would be great if only the spring season textures come with this bright yellow fields :) And not only South Germany grows rapeseed ;)

Brgds,

Axel

That's incredible! I can't believe that Europe will be like that, and then the entire world. These shots are one of the most impressive I've ever seen here. CB is ready for all the OpenLC collection. But take your time and give us another shots like this every day ;)

Like I wrote elsewhere (I don't want to sound picky), the color just doesn't look right, it's supposed to be bright yellow, in your image it's greenish:

image.jpg

Other than that, great work!

Like I wrote elsewhere (I don't want to sound picky), the color just doesn't look right, it's supposed to be bright yellow, in your image it's greenish:

Other than that, great work!

This is what I meant when I suggested to have some locals in the beta-team:

Receiving constructive feed-back from locals with first hand knowledge is most important to Orbx and (I assume) certainly wellcome to the team. Whatever Orbx makes of it. This input is valuable (just like the suggestion to slightly reduce the number of raps-fields).

.......just like the suggestion to slightly reduce the number of raps-fields).

The number of raps-fields maybe locally very different. Here in northern germany (Schleswig-Holstein and North Niedersachsen) you can see at this time more yellow fields of raps than green fields with other plants.  In my opinion, the number of rape fields in the screenshot corresponds very well to the reality (at least for Northern Germany).

The number of raps-fields maybe locally very different. Here in northern germany (Schleswig-Holstein and North Niedersachsen) you can see at this time more yellow fields of raps than green fields with other plants.  In my opinion, the number of rape fields in the screenshot corresponds very well to the reality (at least for Northern Germany).

And even if the number of rapeseed fields is not entirely correct for every region in Germany, we should keep in mind that this is still a landclass based product so it will never be 100% exact in every single part of the coverage area - but in my opinion it is a vast improved over the default or even the FTX Global base set and I think it`s fantastic what can be done with this product.

Cheers Fabian

And even if the number of rapeseed fields is not entirely correct for every region in Germany, we should keep in mind that this is still a landclass based product so it will never be 100% exact in every single part of the coverage area - but in my opinion it is a vast improved over the default or even the FTX Global base set and I think it`s fantastic what can be done with this product.

Cheers Fabian

I completely agree

Hey hey hey, I think (and hope) the shots are better and better from the last year on. Many THX for the many many work on this great and "and big" Project. I think it´s very tricky to get all the Citys on the right place, all fields to ist right place and all the things to make the hole EU "right or correct" and at last intersting.

Hope we can see more from these great shots and big results.

Keep it on guys!

Archived