Manfred's C47 over SAK

rockliffe

Thanks for the kind replies guys, appreciated

Is this DX10? I am pondering whether to make to leap from DX9 to Steves DX10 fixer...

It's my first 'proper' flight in DX10 Shaun. I'd say, take the leap. The only thing you need to consider, is that DX10 doesn't play nicely with multi monitors sadly. I have had to lose my second monitor for instruments, but I'm likley to make the jump to P3D soon, so no worries.

Thanks for the kind replies guys, appreciated

It's my first 'proper' flight in DX10 Shaun. I'd say, take the leap. The only thing you need to consider, is that DX10 doesn't play nicely with multi monitors sadly. I have had to lose my second monitor for instruments, but I'm likley to make the jump to P3D soon, so no worries.

Thanks Howard, Sounds like DX10 is the way to go for a while

My only concern is that I am stutter free and pin sharp with no oom's at the moment with DX9...worried it may be a pain to get to that level with the DX10 fixer and inspector settings...without spending weeks naffing around ;)

Your great screen shot looks like you nailed it

Nice one Howard that's shot has a nice calming effect.

To add a bit of realism to the flights I can recommend Flight Deck companion or Fs captain and I actually use both, in fact Ive dropped all virtual airlines and created my own in FS captain and I need a name for the C47 service.....hmmmm...Buffalo airways sounds pretty good!

My only concern is that I am stutter free and pin sharp with no oom's at the moment with DX9...worried it may be a pain to get to that level with the DX10 fixer and inspector settings...without spending weeks naffing around ;)

It's the old adage .. "if it ain't broke" :lol:

My feeling is (as has been mentioned by others) is that, very often, DX10+Fixer was installed over a compromised (or dying) DX9 setup - and that resetting all the old [experimental] tweaks actually did more good than DX10 itself. Either that, or the dreaded "placebo effect".

I can certainly remember the good, beautiful looking DX9 system I used to have - but then more "stuff" (*not tweaks*) got added. PMDG NGX, OPUS ... all sorts of add-ons that each grabbed their share of resources. The end result for me was too many OOM's. I couldn't bear to lose any of these newer additions, so a solution had to be found.

Apart from the really necessary changes for DX10, I didn't have to "undo" any potentially damaging fsx.cfg settings - so I think my overall increase in fluidity and stability is definitely due to DX10.

Of course I'd like to think DX10 also *looks* a whole heap better. I think it does ... but not by *that* much. I look back at some of my older DX9 screenshots and think "now that *has* to be a DX10 pic" ... until I see the date :lol:. That said, to get these attractive DX9 shots, my system was a veritable slideshow - not that I minded! Without a shadow of doubt, I know I can run FSX at higher graphics settings than before without being totally crucified frame-rate wise. This is definitely NOT placebo!

In short ... if everything works well at the moment - DON'T change!

Adam.

Pleasantly oldie. Great shot, Howard!

Thank you,

Sinesio

PS: in past years - 1985 - I worked in an organization for aircrafts maintenance and repairs, and there we set up an aircraft from parts an´ pieces  "mined" throughout the country, and some parts of the planet. Then I did the test flights in this beautiful bird, and she was delivered to a "living museum", in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

I have been using dx9 for years, but so many good addons came in the last yr or so my wallet was really getting hit. Thus it brought me to dx10, better performance, more stable system, I hope  It definitely was a game changer in my situation.  By the way Howard great shots, that C-47 is a doll to fly with excellent visual quality as well

Archived