Raised Aprons, Taxiways and Runways

maxam

I installed FTX Global Vector v1.10 and I am experiencing raised aprons, taxiways and runways while FTX Global Region - Hybrid is applied.  An example would be Ninoy Aquino RPLL Airport located in Manila pictured below and Naples Airport in Italy.  Will this issue be addressed with future Orbx products or do we have to disable .BGL files in order to fix the plateaus?

Many thanks.

Robert

RPLL_Raised_zps701b607e.png

What is AEC? And why should we have to do these things to sort out this mess? Version 100 was great but V1.1 is a huge disappointment. I don't know anything about how to remove files etc that is why I pay good money to you to look after all of that. If I had known I would have stuck with the original global vector. I don't DL free ware unless it has an installer due to my lack of knowledge...I'm old...ok? 

Hi,

I don't know if this will help you but I was also having problems in several airports, (missing runways, elevation problems like yours & also getting errors when going to different airports). What I did was reinstall vector 1.10 & let it run until the cfg black dialog box (Looks like old Dos) quit running & then I finished the process by clicking the finish box, then going to the ftx central & clicking on ftx global. What I did not do the first time installing  was to not let the black cfg app finish. So now Voila everything is good with the airports In question.

( I am originally from Montreal)

Ron

What is AEC? And why should we have to do these things to sort out this mess? Version 100 was great but V1.1 is a huge disappointment. I don't know anything about how to remove files etc that is why I pay good money to you to look after all of that. If I had known I would have stuck with the original global vector. I don't DL free ware unless it has an installer due to my lack of knowledge...I'm old...ok?

Do you really think that this is a good way to request support for an issue that you could've easily solved yourself by reading the documentation!? As stated numerous times, we CANNOT automatically take care of these issues - how am I supposed to know which add-on airports you have installed and what compatibility effects they might have? Simply not possible. Due to the way FSX handles airport elevations all I could do was provide a configuration tool that allows disabling AEC (which, by the way, means Airport Elevation Corrections) for airports if your choice.

Flight sinulation is a very complex hobby and due to the endless number of add-ons out there, compatibility issues can't all be solved automatically.

Bernd

Have you disabled AEC for these via the configurator? Because that is it for ... remove AEC if an Add-On airport is installed and you experience elevation problems with it.

Hi Stefan, yes I tried AEC and I lost the boundary layers, I will have to live with the plateaus I guess unless I re install the program as per Ron's post below.

Hi,

I don't know if this will help you but I was also having problems in several airports, (missing runways, elevation problems like yours & also getting errors when going to different airports). What I did was reinstall vector 1.10 & let it run until the cfg black dialog box (Looks like old Dos) quit running & then I finished the process by clicking the finish box, then going to the ftx central & clicking on ftx global. What I did not do the first time installing  was to not let the black cfg app finish. So now Voila everything is good with the airports In question.

Ron

Salut Ron, can you look at RPLL (Ninoy Aquino) and let me know if you see the plateau issue?  Did you re run the installer over top of the previous install or did you uninstall Vector first?  Merci.

Inflammatory tone aside, you don't need to know "anything about how to remove files" as you put it.

The Vector Control Panel has a tab that let's you simply select an an airport and either enable AEC (the default setting) or disable it. Just select the airport from the list (you can type the icao code if you prefer) and click the button to move it into the disabled list.

It's all quite clearly addressed in the manual.

Hi Stefan, yes I tried AEC and I lost the boundary layers, I will have to live with the plateaus I guess unless I re install the program as per Ron's post below.

That indicates that you have an add-on installed for that airport, that doesn't have its own airport boundary polygon shipped! However, Version 1.2 will allow you to disable AEC without losing the airport boundary polygons.

Bernd

Hi,

Ron

Sorry for the strong comments above , I didn't see the AEC icon on my desktop and have rectified most of the problems except for Corfu. 

AEC seems to work well but I have many add on airports and is a bit of a pain. I probably would still have just gone with v100 had I known, in any case global vector does really improve FSX 100%..

• 4 weeks later...

I installed FTX Global Vector v1.10 and I am experiencing raised aprons, taxiways and runways while FTX Global Region - Hybrid is applied.  An example would be Ninoy Aquino RPLL Airport located in Manila pictured below and Naples Airport in Italy.  Will this issue be addressed with future Orbx products or do we have to disable .BGL files in order to fix the plateaus?

Many thanks.

Robert

RPLL_Raised_zps701b607e.png

Don't worry, I have the same exact problem like yours.

My airport was the default RPLL scenery and with the AFCAD file on it: http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/11110/afcad-file-for-rpll/

I have floating MyTraffic X AI Aircrafts when arriving in my RPLL airport.

I tried:

1. Removing the airport bgl file on MyTraffic/Scenery and nothing happened.

2. Disabling the Airport Elevation Corrections from FTX Vector Configurator but there are trees and buildings inside the airport taxiways and runways.

3. The problem disappeared when I disabled FTX Vector on the Scenery Library (unchecked).

I have:

FSX Acceleration

FTX-Global/Patch 1.20

FTX-Global Vector 1.10

MyTraffic X 5.4c 

Same person who is struggling with this issues in other airport: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/76275-ai-traffic-hanging-in-the-air-at-ksea-is-it-ftx-gv-problem/

But hopefully this FTX Global Vector update in the future will correct this problem: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75994-vector-v12-massive-improvement-to-na-heres-a-preview/

OR

An upcoming FTX Freeware pack with RPLL : http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/63471-coming-soon-ftxg-freeware-airport-packs/

Fingers crossed guys!

-Khyle from the Philippines

Agreed.  I tried the following:

someone suggested to reinstall Vector which I did without uninstalling; the result was a crash each time the airport opened; my plane was inside a tree.

Then I tried disabling KSEA which also caused an unrecognizable airport;  so i went back and reenabled KSEA; then when I opened I again got my plane stuck in a tree.

Someone also suggested disabling Vector inside fsx scenery.  I did this and the airport returned to the fsx airport with no traffic running throuogh it.

Next I unchecked each orbx vector catagory: OBJ...Apt... Cvx...Exx all one at at time and restarted KSEA.  The result with unchecking OBJ...Apt...Cvx  all put me inside a town where I was boxed in.  Finally I left checked all but Exx and the airport was repaired with no problems.  The Seattle traffic outside the airport flowed with very good detail and graphics.

I wonder if I should not have reinstalled vector .  Perhaps someone can enlighten me on this point.  Also how do I uninstall Vector??

I also used the configuration tool without any of the above changes except the reinstall and was put inside a tree.

Currently I have only Orbx_Exx unchecked in scenery.

I hope that someone can help with this.  Thanks.

BW

I did find the admin note about how to uninstall vector; however, he says that if you cannot uncheck vector aec, you should go to the scenery cfg file and change the setting under "Lockheed Martin" from true to false.  One problem, I cannot find Lockheed Martin. It would be helpful to know what area number "Lockheed Martin" is under.  Thanks.

BW

I can find no entry for ORBX/FTX_Vector in my scenery cfg file.

I do have Zintereks World Environment installed.  I tried to uninstall but it would not uninstall.  World environment installs into fs9 and fsx.  I have the following notation in the first space of the cfg file:

General

Title = FS9World Scenery

Description= FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_exit=True.

I sent Zinterek an email to see if World Environment was installed as FS9.

If you have any knowlege about what is going on let me know.  In the meantime I will do nothing because I am afraid that mess up the scenery cfg.

BW

I just got a response from "Gary" that he did not think that World Environment would conflict

BW

I just noticed I made a typo in the Scenery.CFG location.  It should be C:\Program Data\Microsoft\FSX.  And the entry you need to change should be:

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

This is for FSX and will allow you to uncheck the VECTOR AEC entry of the FSX Scenery Library.

If you use P3D or DX10 I cannot offer info on those weirdos.

Thanks, but I seem to have a problem.  Could it be that Vector is missing from my cfg file?  Here is what I see for [area 003]:

[Area 003]

Title=0000 Base

Local= Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active= True

Required= False

There is no notation anywhere in my cfg file for ORBXVECTOR....No where to be found!!!

BW

By the way, I did a reinstall without uninstalling Vector.  Could this be a factor??

BW

I have the same problem since recently. Not sure if it is the Vector 1.1 update as I hadn't noticed sunken airports until a few days ago. Even some of the freeware global airports are sunken or raised up.  

SolRayz:  I have global, vector and England.  The manuel says to check global when flying out side of England  unless you are flying into England.  Well, I have tried many things the last thing I tried was the opposite.  I checked England in FTX  Central and now I am no longer having problems and the graphics are really good.  This makes no sense, but as the Aussies say "struth".

BW

@Blackwolf77

I will try to address your problems.

In your post #13 you state that you had resolved the problem

at KSEA.

Someone also suggested disabling Vector inside fsx scenery.  I did this and the airport returned to the fsx airport with no traffic running throuogh it.

Finally I left checked all but Exx and the airport was repaired with no problems.  The Seattle traffic outside the airport flowed with very good detail and graphics.

You refer to the following text in the scenery.cfg file in the same post

General

Title = FS9World Scenery

Description= FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_exit=True.

This is not a scenery.cfg entry but the header which is at the top of every scenery.cfg file.

In post #20, you refer to this entry

[Area 003]

Title=0000 Base

Local= Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active= True

Required= False

This does confirm that at least part of Vector is not active in your scenery library

and yet in posts #23 and #24 you post shots of airports modified adversely

by the Vector Configuration Tool.

It cannot work without the correct scenery.cfg entries.

Perhaps you should re-install Vector and then check your scenery library for the following entries:

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=TRUE

[Area.100]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_EXX
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX
Layer=100
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.101]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_CVX
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_CVX
Layer=101
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.102]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_APT
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT
Layer=102
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.103]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_OBJ
Layer=103
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

Once this is done, the configurator will work as it should.

If in future you feel that your concerns have not been dealt with quickly

enough, please do not start a new topic such as this

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77206-response-time/

rather simply add a new request for attention at the end of the active

topic, such as this one.

i cannot reinstall Vector because  vector is not in my cfg file and I cannot delete vector:  OBRXIVECTOR_AEC in the settings in FSX because it is not present in my cfg file...so how do I uninstall if every time I click on the check mark it tells me that I cannot change it..  All the items that you mention that should be in my cfg file are missing..  i am sorry to be so obtuse, but I am trying and when I get ignorant responses from people like JJ, it just makes me angry.  I am just asking how long is the average response time if it is 7 days I will wait 7 days.  All I want to do at present is to uninstall Vector so I can reinstall but I cannot uninstall if it is not present in my cfg file.  I am not trying to be difficult, I just want to improve what I purchased.

Let me add that when as I indicated previously , I uncheck Global and check Europe.  I have no issues.  This may be a separate matter, but I just dont know....I only know what works for me.  Please help me to uninstall and reinstall Vector.

BW

FWIW Concerning RPLL

0osTX.jpg

FSX w/Global 1.2, VECTOR 1.1 default FSX MESH, FTX Central set to Global Hybrid mode and RPLL disabled in the VECTOR Configurator.  As you can see all elevations are normal.

Remember that the elevation shown in the red letters with CTRL Z is the height of the pilots eye and varies with the aircraft.  In the case of the T-28 the Alt shown is 82.1'.  RPLL elevation is given as 75'.  82.1-75=7.1' ground to pilot's eye level.

Please help me to uninstall and reinstall Vector.

I am assuming that your re-install of Vector has placed all the files correctly.

At least this is worth a try.

Don't uninstall but instead........

I attach a default FSX Gold scenery.cfg file with the Vector entries included.

Please unzip it and rename it to scenery.cfg.

Once you have done this, using Windows File Explorer, go to

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, find the file named scenery.cfg and rename it

to scenery.cfgOFF.

Program Data is normally hidden, so you may need to change your explorer

settings to allow you to see it.

Then copy the new scenery.cfg file into the same folder.

To add the rest of the FTX entries, run FTX Central and change to a region.

Then change back and the additional entries should be there.

This will not necessarily solve the elevation problems but it should make Vector work

as it should.

sceneryDEFAULTVector.zip

I did as instructed except I backed up my original scenery cfg file.  Next I did  change to the file name Scenery.cfgOFF.  But when I started fsx it would not run because it did not recognize Scenery cfgOFF as a valid file.  In fact it gave the message that my scenery file was missing and that fsx could not start. 

So I went back and changed Scenery.cfgOFF to just Scenery.

When i restarted FSX it opened OK and I started a KSEA flight and when it opened there were no elevations.  So it looks like your fix worked.  Thanks very much for your help and patience with me.

Should I encounter any further issues with this same problem should I begin a new post or should I just post under this thread??

Once again , Thanks a Million!!!

BW

• 2 weeks later...

Well my problem is Floating AI Traffic on my RPLL airport. That's all, only the AI Planes not the objects in the Airport. I have MyTraffic X Professional 5.4c plus patch. I tried removing the RPLL.bgl on MyTraffic/Scenery folder and it didn't help. I tried disabling it at FTX VECTOR CONFIGURATOR and it lost its boundaries. I NEED HELP on my home airport!!!!!

FTX Global 1.2

FTX Global Vector 1.1

SceneryTech Landclass Asia

GSX

RPLL AFCAD file

Archived