New toy...IRIS Tomcat fromChristchurch to Kaikura

GroovyMotion

Well, I could not say no to another great military aircraft...and on sale! :)

I've seen videos of the tomcat making landings on aircraft carriers so I decided to give it a try. Doh! :banghead:

Crashed twice on the side of the deck lol...gotta practice quite a bit more! :)

Anyways, love the scenery and love the aircraft!!

AFmhc.jpg

zoARg.jpg

YFHZp.jpg

mOQro.jpg

vgIqc.jpg

yieob.jpg

dNDL.jpg

GNELn.jpg

zV4D.jpg

Nice shots, looks like fun!

Thanks! Oh yes it was!! :)

Call the ball JF :

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0AdYtIkmxQ

Brad

Lol funny thing Brad, I watched a video with the Top Gun intro made in FSX with the Tomcat, that's what made me buy it! :D

Excellent captures Jean-François. Thank you for sharing your toys 8)

BTW, you should try Dino Cattaneo's TOMCAT D. It's rather good and free. Latest version is really outstanding and compatible with P3D2

Image3.jpg

BTW, you should try Dino Cattaneo's TOMCAT D. It's rather good and free. Latest version is really outstanding and compatible with P3D2

Image3.jpg

Great idea, master!

Thank you,

Sinesio

Nice  shots!  Looks like fun... Now you need to go get this: http://secure.simmarket.com/mile-high-sims-knkx-nas-miramar-top-gun-fsx.phtml

Thanks! And I will check out Miramar but I have a lot more stuff to buy before that :)

Your going to need to practice a bit more JF. :D  I know, just move the second carrier in front and make the runway twice as long. :lol:

I used to love to watch the Tomcats practice at NAS Oceana in Virginia.

Adam

Wow that's awesome Adam, must have been nice looking at tomcats land!

Great aircraft, great images and did you or did you not land on that carrier? Perhaps another set of images to show? :)

Nope crashed and burned twice lol that's why you see 2 different liveries of the Tomcat! :D

Exciting images! One of the most challenging things for pilots! After you do 25 landings hooked in thirty 30 attempts, you will be baptized!

Thank you,

Sinesio

Thanks! Yeah I will ned a lot of practice! :D

Thanks Richard! Well, I did try his Goshark but all his aircrafts are FSX acceleration and I had issues :(

Great buy and shots, you won't regret it. And there is some serious training ahead when landing on a carrier is involved!

Thanks! And yes but I will first try to land it...it's a very tricky aircraft at low speed, it drops pretty quickly and since they are huge engines they tend to lag quite a lot!

Archived