IFR Over the Tetons into Jackson

Brian W

Beautiful shots, great mood and a nice flying challenge. I've recently rediscovered the 185 and its a pure joy to fly with the latest Bernt Stolle mods. BTW, there's a nice mod that improves instrument lighting at night (especially for the attitude indicator), search for "Cessna 185 Panel Modification" in the AVSIM Library.

Tym

Thanks for looking everyone :)

Quite a brave pilot to fly over the mountains in darkness....!

Even braver to let FSX vector me over them!  8)

Beautiful shots, great mood and a nice flying challenge. I've recently rediscovered the 185 and its a pure joy to fly with the latest Bernt Stolle mods. BTW, there's a nice mod that improves instrument lighting at night (especially for the attitude indicator), search for "Cessna 185 Panel Modification" in the AVSIM Library.

Tym

Thanks for the tip, it does drive me nuts sometimes.  The 185 is my favorite, however even though Carenado puts out a great aircraft, FSX can't simulate just how difficult it really is to operate.  I read for about an hour last night on flying the 185 in real life and boy is it challenging.

Thanks for the tip, it does drive me nuts sometimes.  The 185 is my favorite, however even though Carenado puts out a great aircraft, FSX can't simulate just how difficult it really is to operate.  I read for about an hour last night on flying the 185 in real life and boy is it challenging.

I know... Have you read Glenn Davy's guide? It's available at http://www.bushpounder.site90.net/downloads.php, together with the latest version of the FDE mods...

I really wish we'd get a properly modelled, up-to-date bush plane, but the choice is rather limited. I'm looking forward to Marcel Felde's Turbo Potter, but the development seems to take forever... I also hope Aerosoft update their Beaver like they did with the Twin Otter...

Tym

I know... Have you read Glenn Davy's guide? It's available at http://www.bushpounder.site90.net/downloads.php, together with the latest version of the FDE mods...

I really wish we'd get a properly modelled, up-to-date bush plane, but the choice is rather limited. I'm looking forward to Marcel Felde's Turbo Potter, but the development seems to take forever... I also hope Aerosoft update their Beaver like they did with the Twin Otter...

Tym

Thanks for the link... again :)  I'll definitely read that later and consider adding the FDE.. not sure if I want to relearn the plane again :)

Archived