Another Kiwi icon - B1900D

Adam Banks

We've waited a long time for this. It's my reward for spending hours bending stripes round DC-3's - as if I needed another excuse for sending more dosh to the FSX slush fund!

Such a strange little aircraft - but they're so much part of the aviation scene here in New Zealand. You can't go to any airport - International or Regional - without seeing B1900D's being busy.

Starting at NZWN for a quick whizz over the Strait:

b1900_02_84_1280.jpg

b1900_01_989_1280.jpg

b1900_03_337_1280.jpg

Anyone that already owns a Carenado aircraft will be familiar with the VC and systems - are they all clones, I wonder? :lol:. The exterior model is excellent and it seems to handle well (not that I would know!). No time yet for a full evaluation or even find the manual (no change there, then!) so this isn't a review by any means. I like it - and love the fact that there's at least one aircraft I *don't* have to repaint!

Adam.

You can't go to any airport - International or Regional - without seeing B1900D's being busy. - Unless you live here in Washington state , we have none . Horizon only flies the Q400 . I would love to fly on one in RL . I just might have to pick this Carenado one up .

Brad

As you might have seen in my "looks like a cow..." thread I also got hold of this... beast?

I'm still not sure about the aesthetics of it, but the first time I ever saw one of those 1900Ds was in fact at an Orbx-NZ airfield. And ever since then I wanted to have one in my hangar :)

Cheers

Mallard

Stop it Adam. I'm trying not to buy the thing because I don't 'need' another plane and your pictures are not helping! Especially a plane that can be seen at almost any airport... I don't think I'm going to succeed.

Mike

Thanks for the compliments!

Seems to me, back when I could still remember, I flew in a Be1900 that didn't have that 'mini-guppy' look.

It's weird. In RL they look quite elegant. The trouble is, once someone says "Guppy" - every time I look at it ... that's exactly what I see :lol:.

I much prefer it to any of the "flashier" biz-jets. Mind you, this is coming from someone who thinks the Wilga is beautiful!

Adam.

Thanks for the compliments!It's weird. In RL they look quite elegant. The trouble is, once someone says "Guppy" - every time I look at it ... that's exactly what I see :lol:.I much prefer it to any of the "flashier" biz-jets. Mind you, this is coming from someone who thinks the Wilga is beautiful!Adam.

I love the look of the 1900D, it is an ugly duckling for some and a swan for others I guess.

Take a look at an ANZ 1900D landing wheels up! note fire guys hit them with water/foam when they opened escape doors...great landing skills though

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZZvNmt57rE

Take a look at an ANZ 1900D landing wheels up! note fire guys hit them with water/foam when they opened escape doors...great landing skills though

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MZZvNmt57rE

Great video!

Whilst I was looking at it, I saw a link to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihvJuMlRFVs ... not a Guppy but a Cub!

Adam.

Archived