Out of memory

rubster

It looks like VECTOR is a resource hog. Not a surprise. But if orbx scales down the detail of the package, then why get VECTOR in the first place?

I believe we have just to accept it and retweak the settings for us to be able to use all our add ons together. Or not use vector at all.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OOMs are not directly related to VECTOR, but rather your autogen density settings and the combination of other memory-intensive addons. If anything, VECTOR will reduce your autogen density rather than increase it. Please remember to not push your PC too hard with any addons, Orbx or otherwise.

I must disagree with you. Based on the posts from customers of Vector, it IS Vector that is the primary source of the OOM errors. When you give an answer such as you do, it tells me you don't know the answer to the problem. From what I have seen, it would appear that Vector is NOT a good solution for a 32 bit program such as FSX. Vector, I believe is more appropriate for a 64 bit program, such as XPlane, where memory limits are NOT an issue.  FSX has reached it's limits, and in fact many developers including Orbx have breathed new life into FSX, and managed to push it beyond it's original capabilities, bat alas I think Vector has pushed too far, and stretched the envelope to the point of breaking. I know many simmers want an exact replica of the earth, and Orbx was trying to give it to them, with Vector,  but I don't believe this is possible with FSX. The potential for Vector to really show its capabilities, would be in a simulation based on 64 bit. Just my thoughts. When it comes to FSX, we as simmers must be willing to realize FSX is old technology, and it is showing its age.

Guys (and gals should the case be), as a very long-time computer builder, IMO based on my experience with hardware and FSX, a lot of simmers are barely getting by with their rigs. No insult intended, but it may be time to think about an upgrade path. I respect John's input as the developer, but Vector is loading the memory pool, and if you had a marginal rig (you may be running an Alienware rig, but I'm speaking as far as FSX is concerned, and she (FSX) is a whiny mistress) before and just didn't know it, I think Vector will in fact let you know your rig isn't <quite> there, and you might have to dial it back a little as John recommended.

Yesterday, I reported that my VC and outside views were stuttery. I pushed this rig to it's limit again this morning flying ImagineSim KATL to FlyTampa KTPA Rebooted with the settings maxed out, FS2Crew running, Aivlasoft running, RadarContact4.3 running and ran 27-29 FPS at lowest, FPS locked at 30, and never got over 3.2Gb of the memory pool used. Pushed this rig from 4.2GHz to 4.6GHz on a i7-3770K with Sandy Bridge architecture last night, and both the OS and FSX with all addon's are each running on a 256Gb SSD at 6GB/sec rates. My 1Tb user drive that is mechanical only has my program data and cfg on it, nothing else for FSX. The faster you can feed that core data and process that core pipeline, the less likely you will get an OOM. I have never experienced the OOM - EVER... on any of my rigs.

So, no offense intended, but this is my experience and what I had to do to prevent stutter and <maybe> an eventual OOM, although I never had one, just a CTD when running the sim at 16X sim rate yesterday. I had this issue several months before, but traced it to a bad video card that had a failed fan and was overheating. The fan exhaust from the dual GTX760-OC SLI setup could've been used to heat the house yesterday while running the outside views.

Just my opinion...

EDIT: ASN and REX4 Texture Direct at 2048 X 2048 textures were also running at the same time for the last test.

Of course speed of the CPU is definitely important concerning this issue, but some here tested their systems with few addons, and with, and without Vector, and the OOM errors persisted, when Vector was enabled. The reality is that FSX is 32 bit, and it has a hard limit on memory usage. If FSX were a 64 bit simulation, and everything else being equal, these memory issues would be NON existent. FSX was NEVER designed to handle such addons. Developers such as Orbx, and others have done wonderful things to breath new life into FSX, but I fear FSX's days are numbered.

Hi,

I fly FSX with DX10 and Fixer. I am Miles away from any OOM with the best settings over the sliders max ;)

My fsx.exe uses nearly 2 Gb flying in vectors area and in the big-areas with nearly 3 Gb.

Flying hours in vectors area-no OOM, so vector coud not be the reason for that.

What I do is, I fly a Standard-Aircraft by VFR with the best settings in scenery and turn scenery in the middle when I fly a Add-On-Airliner, cause I now-both will not work with 32 bit!!

I first called into question the addon mesh in the video preview. I was glad to see that there was disclosure about what was used. I have to disagree with the blanket statement that everyone uses mesh anyway and so it wasn't vital to mention. I forgot to ask before I pulled the trigger if certain roads can be turned off, as in UT. We've been told that won't happen, they want to keep it "simple". And there is no uninstaller (!). Now I'm reading that it probably has a detrimental effect on frame rates in urban areas. I can understand that if there isn't any way to turn off some of the secondary roads. I doubt I will install the thing if we aren't given some kind of control over what's displayed, and a way to uninstall. I really don't want to reduce autogen any more if vector kills some of it anyway. I'm not concerned about the visual anomalies being reported, I know those will be addressed. These other things are worrying.

I'm thrilled with FTX Global, btw.

I must disagree with you. Based on the posts from customers of Vector, it IS Vector that is the primary source of the OOM errors. When you give an answer such as you do, it tells me you don't know the answer to the problem. From what I have seen, it would appear that Vector is NOT a good solution for a 32 bit program such as FSX. Vector, I believe is more appropriate for a 64 bit program, such as XPlane, where memory limits are NOT an issue. FSX has reached it's limits, and in fact many developers including Orbx have breathed new life into FSX, and managed to push it beyond it's original capabilities, bat alas I think Vector has pushed too far, and stretched the envelope to the point of breaking. I know many simmers want an exact replica of the earth, and Orbx was trying to give it to them, with Vector, but I don't believe this is possible with FSX. The potential for Vector to really show its capabilities, would be in a simulation based on 64 bit. Just my thoughts. When it comes to FSX, we as simmers must be willing to realize FSX is old technology, and it is showing its age.

All you said are true but what do you want Orbx to do? Reprogram vector so that it doesn't eat too much memory? Is it possible without compromising on the level of detail? I would appreciate it if they can do it but for now, no choice but to lower settings than not have Vector at all.

PMDG777 is also notorious for causing OOM, did PMDG do something about it? I think most users just settled to lowering their detail settings, unchecking unnecessary scenery, etc.

The only AddOn I have installed is FlyTampa St Maarten and there I have no problems with OOM. But in Germany (and I have in Europe NO Addons installed) max 10 min to OOM. I think IT IS vector that incites the OoM.

Oddly enough, I recently attempted a flight from Eppo to EGCN (Robin Hood ) in Airbusx-ext and to my surprise encounter an OoM in route 25 miles north of EHAM. Before I stepped away from the sim I checked my VAS Which was 3.2 ( normal with my settings using DX9), but when I returned screen was frozen and OoM was placed front and center. Typically, I would expect this on final when flying addon to addon in NGX, T7, but never in the ABX-E. Perhaps a leak or I flew over heavily populated network of roads???

All you said are true but what do you want Orbx to do? Reprogram vector so that it doesn't eat too much memory? Is it possible without compromising on the level of detail? I would appreciate it if they can do it but for now, no choice but to lower settings than not have Vector at all.

PMDG777 is also notorious for causing OOM, did PMDG do something about it? I think most users just settled to lowering their detail settings, unchecking unnecessary scenery, etc.

I also stated that FSX is an old 32 bit simulator, that has only remained popular, because of companies like Orbx, who have done marvellous things in order to extend FSX'x usability, but unfortunately FSX is a dead end for most developers in my opinion. Your logic is rather illogical. Vector was meant to make FSX more realistic, and if you have to reduce the very realism that Vector, and other addons attempt to create, then your wasting your money to even bother buying Vector. It is obvious FSX has reached it's limit, and people must make sacrifices in their simulation in order to have a usable experience in FSX, and that means not buying too many addons, only to have to turn down the realism.

I also stated that FSX is an old 32 bit simulator, that has only remained popular, because of companies like Orbx, who have done marvellous things in order to extend FSX'x usability, but unfortunately FSX is a dead end for most developers in my opinion. Your logic is rather illogical. Vector was meant to make FSX more realistic, and if you have to reduce the very realism that Vector, and other addons attempt to create, then your wasting your money to even bother buying Vector. It is obvious FSX has reached it's limit, and people must make sacrifices in their simulation in order to have a usable experience in FSX, and that means not buying too many addons, only to have to turn down the realism.

I'd have to agree on your commentary. FSX age and limitations are seemingly more and more apparent with the high class of products being developed today. Notwithstanding, as you have also intimated that Developers continue to exhibit a continuos commitment to the benefit of us all. It is a catch, however, that we have to spend money to induce change. Conversely, I wouldn't say that it's a waste of money although it's a hard hit to the pocket when expectations fall short.

For me I've had to compromise:

At my level/preference of realism and immersion settings remain at; very dense autogen, LOD @ 5.5, Orbx Vector ACE on and UTX on, FTXG, shade, ASNXT, ai 60%/35% commer/GA, road traffic 11%, boats 9% and 7% respectively and NGX, Orbx Vector had to be turned off in order to complete a flight from EGLL to Eham.

( and that's with DX10 active - DX9 doesn't allow me a proper length of time for preflight before reaching OoM status in the NGX or T7. And the AirbusxE just barely makes it out of EGLL with Vas at 3.7)

Disappointing, as I do not know how much of the product I'm not able to indulge. And then I look at the forum and can only reflect that not even a vanilla Orbx product has been delivered with so many issues. Notwithstanding, Vector is a huge undertaking and I respect that. But it does leave me with a bitter/sweet taste. I suspect that the product will get better but requires much more time. Still, hats off to Pilots and Orbx for this ambitious endeavor, and I look forward to a complete product hopefully in the next six to nine months.

I have also problems with Vector,crashing after few minutes from departure,i have really good comp and did not have any problems b4 i installed Vector,also 2day flight from EPKT-EDDF @approach to Frankfurt i got msg run out of memory and crashed after that,strenge because I havve 16gb memory.there is something wrong.I try uninstall Vector and check without it and then instal again.Answear later on

Hi, guys,

Just flew a 14 hr trip from DTW to Narita in the 777-200 using add-on airports, max LOD, active wx, REX textures, RC4.3, etc., and my sim never got above 3.2Gb of the memory pool being used.  DX10, BTW...

For those of you having the OOM's, perhaps post up your FSX.cfg and your system specs?  Maybe there's a common theme.  If we can find it, maybe we can fix the problem.

Hello all and good ideea KATTZ: Here are my lines in FSX.cfg and my PC details - I7-3770 Overklok to 4.2, ASUS MaximusV with 16Gb DDR3, GPU ASUS HD79070 3G DDR5 384b, SSD256 with Win7 64 on it and HDD3000 partionated in 3 pieces of 1000 : 1000G for FSX, 1000G for P3Dv2, 800 Personal.

My fsx.cfg:

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

HomePageFirstRun=0

[AContain]

LabelColor=FF000075

LabelDelay=1000

ShowLabelAirline=0

ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0

ShowLabelAirspeed=0

ShowLabelAltitude=1

ShowLabelContainerId=0

ShowLabelDistance=1

ShowLabelFlightPlan=0

ShowLabelHeading=0

ShowLabelManufacturer=1

ShowLabelModel=1

ShowLabels=0

ShowLabelTailNumber=1

ShowUserLabel=0

[ATC]

AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6

COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B

PilotVoice=0

ShowATCText=1

UsePilotVoice=1

[bUFFERPOOLS]

Pools=50000000

RejectThreshold=131072

UsePools=1

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Current=Standard

Controls_Default=Standard

KBDAIL=64

KBDELEV=64

KBDRUD=64

[Display]

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

ChangeTime=4.000000

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2

RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0

RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2

RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TextureMaxLoad=30

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=80

TransitionTime=4.000000

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0

WideViewAspect=False

[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series.0]

Mode=1920x1080x32

[DISPLAY.Device.AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series.1]

Mode=1024x768x32

[DynamicHeadMovement]

HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

[FACILITIES]

CITY=

COUNTRY=

GTL_BUTTON=1244

STATE=

[FlightPlanMap]

LineWidth=2

show_ac_twr=1

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

show_airways=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1

SHOW_JET=0

show_markers=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

show_volume_boundaries=1

SHOW_VORS=1

show_waypoints=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

[GRAPHICS]

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0

ALLOW_SHADER_30=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

D3D10=0

DAY_THRESHOLD=32768

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

ForceFullScreenVSync=0

ForceWindowedVSync=0

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

HIGHMEMFIX=1

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

NUM_LIGHTS=8

See_Self=1

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

Text_Scroll=1

[iNTERNATIONAL]

ASLAT=2

ASLON=0

MEASURE=0

[JOBSCHEDULLER]

AffinityMask=224

[Main]

HideMenuFullscreen=1

HideMenuNormal=0

Location=426,160,1466,938,\\.\DISPLAY1

Maximized=2

PerfBucket=7

ProcSpeed=9517

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

[Misc]

Com_Rate=7

[PANELS]

DEFAULT_VIEW=0

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

PANEL_MASKING=1

PANEL_OPACITY=100

PANEL_STRETCHING=1

QUICKTIPS=1

UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]

CycleSetting=0

[REALISM]

AllowEngineDamage=False

AutoCoord=True

AutoTrim=False

CrashDetection=False

CrashTolerance=0.000000

CrashWithDyn=False

GEffect=False

General=0.000000

GyroDrift=False

GyroEffect=0.000000

ManualLights=True

PFactor=0.000000

RealMixture=False

StressDamage=False

Torque=0.000000

TrueAirspeed=False

UnlimitedFuel=True

[sCENERY]

DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1

IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3

LENSFLARE=1

[sIM]

SYSCLOCK=1

[slewTextInfo.1]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

FrameRate=2,1

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

Longitude=1,2

[sOUND]

AmbientUI=0

AmbientUIMusic=FSX01

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

PrimaryDevice={DEF00000-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

SOUND=1

SOUND_FADER1=0.250000

SOUND_FADER2=0.250000

SOUND_FADER3=0.420000

SOUND_FADER4=0.020000

SOUND_LOD=0

SOUND_QUALITY=2

UISound=1

VoiceDevice={DEF00002-9C6D-47ED-AAF1-4DDA8F2B5C03}

[sTARTUP]

DEMO=0

LoadWindow=1

SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1

STARTUP_DEMO=

[TERRAIN]

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=100

MESH_RESOLUTION=25

SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1500

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=800

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29

WATER_EFFECTS=6

[TextInfo.1]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

FuelPercentage=1,4

GForce=1,3

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[TextInfo.3]

AirSpeed=1,5

Altitude=1,3

FrameRate=2,1

FuelPercentage=2,4

GForce=2,3

Heading=1,4

Latitude=1,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

Longitude=1,2

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=0

AIRPORT_SCENERY_DENSITY=3

FreewayDensity=5

GADensity=0

IFROnly=0

LeisureBoatsDensity=20

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=20

[Trusted]

C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.watwlarzzewzukoqlekabihaiaiutkhkhwwalrue=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe.huoorqtrbothalretrnhkozahubcokieuqaquchz=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\bglmanx.dll.rlcaleckzzhcqewezqonocatctnnechwthlikrqb=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.aqnlnwlurlwhniaoruloeazqteilnelbrribhtul=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.kilnbozranrhbcezrlkntwcqciokazoqeornzkia=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.uauqauzebzrkeocotouzouzbewkwuieeeklbqnia=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.oeliwbohrtinqqourqnnituqrkebtqceztihbtik=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.ccrnbwiuetlwkauqqlzwablzektlaaziarbreuwq=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.uicqkcinrabhoaicrrrubkoalnnkobuzhqorbhln=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.lqlciwowhquukknkrlkqnznkczookcuawkztibeo=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\KingAir.DLL.nctkwezcttulukkcwwbtezenatuqueklnowlccqi=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\KingAir_Radio.DLL.awaerrtewbirctncizwkhtrtkoleihzaerrhzona=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.btwohtoonralntzaurikuwbiuueeoktenhcbwkhr=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.qqlubkkcbantriqktoobaerhcawuttnabeneizkl=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.znbzbkooeccilhorikbqtwbkwcetlhnlzwqowqir=2

G:\FlightSimulatorX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.bkeckuklarolqicenhnlabkcnwcokruerhhbanih=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.kullcohbnhquoqrbuhikocihlklqorrrunzqakwu=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.nwotqlucclwoeclrzthrrlabbkcqhwewikortcbr=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.akihhrranncnkcraezninlwhrbioqwrrlunhielu=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.noohteoutrzenqrkablwbowchrrtlrkbqkcanuoq=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll.ribqaaocahctczeqbkhzreelbbhcirtnqutcerak=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.izeozeqkineohucqqlnochkenohaatbawktcobai=1

G:\FlightSimulatorX\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.rlncwnrqciqrzqchkonqlwhenecwhtolwncnqkww=1

G:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.watwlarzzewzukoqlekabihaiaiutkhkhwwalrue=1

[uSERINTERFACE]

Map_Orientation=2

OpenATCOnCreate=0

PageID=1

PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0

PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1

SelectAircraftManufacturer=All

SelectAircraftPublisher=All

SelectAircraftType=All

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0

SITUATION=FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM

DisplayFuelAsWeight=0

[VirtualCopilot]

VirtualCopilotActive=0

[Weather]

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7

CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3

DETAILED_CLOUDS=1

DisableTurbulence=0

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DynamicWeather=0

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MaxGustTime=500

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

MaxVarTime=50

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MinGustTime=10

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MinVarTime=5

THERMAL_VISUALS=0

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

[MAPVIEW_MAP]

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

show_flight_history=1

[MULTIPLAYER]

condAccoutPassword=0

VoiceVolume=0.040000

If enyone can help me I will for sure be very greatfull !!!

Best Regards

Marius L.

Hello all and good ideea KATTZ: Here are my lines in FSX.cfg and my PC details - I7-3770 Overklok to 4.2, ASUS MaximusV with 16Gb DDR3, GPU ASUS HD79070 3G DDR5 384b, SSD256 with Win7 64 on it and HDD3000 partionated in 3 pieces of 1000 : 1000G for FSX, 1000G for P3Dv2, 800 Personal.

My fsx.cfg:

[AccelerationPack]
ControlsFirstRun=0
HomePageFirstRun=0

[AContain]
LabelColor=FF000075
LabelDelay=1000
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabels=0
ShowLabelTailNumber=1
ShowUserLabel=0

[ATC]
AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1
PilotVoice=0
ShowATCText=1
UsePilotVoice=1

[bUFFERPOOLS]
Pools=50000000
RejectThreshold=131072
UsePools=1

[CONTROLS]
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64

[Display]
BLOOM_EFFECTS=0
ChangeTime=4.000000
InfoBrakesEnable=True
InfoOverspeedEnable=True
InfoPauseEnable=True
InfoSlewEnable=True
InfoStallEnable=True
RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=1.2
RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=1.0
RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=1.2
RUNAWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=1.
SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1
TextureMaxLoad=30
TransitionTime=4.000000
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=0
WideViewAspect=False

Mode=1920x1080x32

Mode=1024x768x32

[DynamicHeadMovement]
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

[FACILITIES]
CITY=
COUNTRY=
GTL_BUTTON=1244
STATE=

[FlightPlanMap]
LineWidth=2
show_ac_twr=1
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
show_airways=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1
SHOW_JET=0
show_markers=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
SHOW_VICTOR=0
show_volume_boundaries=1
SHOW_VORS=1
show_waypoints=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

[GRAPHICS]
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=0
ALLOW_SHADER_30=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
D3D10=0
DAY_THRESHOLD=32768
EFFECTS_QUALITY=2
ForceFullScreenVSync=0
ForceWindowedVSync=0
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
HIGHMEMFIX=1
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
NUM_LIGHTS=8
See_Self=1
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
Text_Scroll=1

[iNTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=0
MEASURE=0

[JOBSCHEDULLER]
AffinityMask=224

[Main]
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=0
Location=426,160,1466,938,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2
PerfBucket=7
ProcSpeed=9517
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\IVAO_MTL

[Misc]
Com_Rate=7

[PANELS]
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
QUICKTIPS=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0

[REALISM]
AllowEngineDamage=False
AutoCoord=True
AutoTrim=False
CrashDetection=False
CrashTolerance=0.000000
CrashWithDyn=False
GEffect=False
General=0.000000
GyroDrift=False
GyroEffect=0.000000
ManualLights=True
PFactor=0.000000
RealMixture=False
StressDamage=False
Torque=0.000000
TrueAirspeed=False
UnlimitedFuel=True

[sCENERY]
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=3
LENSFLARE=1

[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=1

[slewTextInfo.1]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2

[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
FrameRate=2,1
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
Longitude=1,2

[sOUND]
AmbientUI=0
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01
SOUND=1
SOUND_FADER1=0.250000
SOUND_FADER2=0.250000
SOUND_FADER3=0.420000
SOUND_FADER4=0.020000
SOUND_LOD=0
SOUND_QUALITY=2
UISound=1

[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
LoadWindow=1
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=

[TERRAIN]
AUTOGEN_DENSITY=3
DETAIL_TEXTURE=1
LOD_RADIUS=4.500000
MESH_COMPLEXITY=100
MESH_RESOLUTION=25
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=2
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1500
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=800
TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=29
WATER_EFFECTS=6

[TextInfo.1]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2

[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
FuelPercentage=1,4
GForce=1,3
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[TextInfo.3]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
FrameRate=2,1
FuelPercentage=2,4
GForce=2,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
Longitude=1,2

[TrafficManager]
AirlineDensity=0
FreewayDensity=5
GADensity=0
IFROnly=0
LeisureBoatsDensity=20
ShipsAndFerriesDensity=20

[Trusted]
C:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.watwlarzzewzukoqlekabihaiaiutkhkhwwalrue=1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Saitek\Pro Flight Panels\SaiPanels.exe.huoorqtrbothalretrnhkozahubcokieuqaquchz=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.aqnlnwlurlwhniaoruloeazqteilnelbrribhtul=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Bell_206B.DLL.kilnbozranrhbcezrlkntwcqciokazoqeornzkia=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Bendix_King_Radio.DLL.uauqauzebzrkeocotouzouzbewkwuieeeklbqnia=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Cessna.DLL.oeliwbohrtinqqourqnnituqrkebtqceztihbtik=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Cessna172.DLL.ccrnbwiuetlwkauqqlzwablzektlaaziarbreuwq=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Cessna182s.DLL.uicqkcinrabhoaicrrrubkoalnnkobuzhqorbhln=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\CessnaWAlpha.DLL.lqlciwowhquukknkrlkqnznkczookcuawkztibeo=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\KingAir.DLL.nctkwezcttulukkcwwbtezenatuqueklnowlccqi=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\KingAir_Radio.DLL.awaerrtewbirctncizwkhtrtkoleihzaerrhzona=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\Magnetic_Compass.DLL.btwohtoonralntzaurikuwbiuueeoktenhcbwkhr=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX.DLL.qqlubkkcbantriqktoobaerhcawuttnabeneizkl=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\GAUGES\PMDG_737NGX_3.DLL.znbzbkooeccilhorikbqtwbkwcetlhnlzwqowqir=2
G:\FlightSimulatorX\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.bkeckuklarolqicenhnlabkcnwcokruerhhbanih=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll.kullcohbnhquoqrbuhikocihlklqorrrunzqakwu=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll.nwotqlucclwoeclrzthrrlabbkcqhwewikortcbr=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll.akihhrranncnkcraezninlwhrbioqwrrlunhielu=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll.noohteoutrzenqrkablwbowchrrtlrkbqkcanuoq=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll.ribqaaocahctczeqbkhzreelbbhcirtnqutcerak=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll.izeozeqkineohucqqlnochkenohaatbawktcobai=1
G:\FlightSimulatorX\VistaMare\ViMaCoreX.dll.rlncwnrqciqrzqchkonqlwhenecwhtolwncnqkww=1
G:\IVAO\IvAp v2\ivap_fsx_bootstrap.dll.watwlarzzewzukoqlekabihaiaiutkhkhwwalrue=1

[uSERINTERFACE]
Map_Orientation=2
OpenATCOnCreate=0
PageID=1
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SelectAircraftType=All
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
DisplayFuelAsWeight=0

[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0

[Weather]
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
DisableTurbulence=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DynamicWeather=0
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MaxGustTime=500
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
MaxVarTime=50
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MinGustTime=10
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MinVarTime=5
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerPort=80
[MAPVIEW_MAP]
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0
SHOW_VICTOR=0
SHOW_JET=0
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
show_flight_history=1
[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccoutPassword=0
VoiceVolume=0.040000

If enyone can help me I will for sure be very greatfull !!!

Best Regards

Marius L.

Here are some changes I made.  Rename your current cfg to cfg_old and then load this one and try it.  Warning; it's DX10.

[AccelerationPack]
ControlsFirstRun=0
HomePageFirstRun=0

[AContain]
LabelColor=FF000075
LabelDelay=1000
ShowLabelAirline=0
ShowLabelAirspeed=0
ShowLabelAltitude=1
ShowLabelContainerId=0
ShowLabelDistance=1
ShowLabelFlightPlan=0
ShowLabelHeading=0
ShowLabelManufacturer=1
ShowLabelModel=1
ShowLabels=0
ShowLabelTailNumber=1
ShowUserLabel=0

[ATC]
PilotVoice=0
ShowATCText=1
UsePilotVoice=1

[bufferPools]

BufferPools=1 // UsePools=1

PoolSize=10485760

RejectThreshold=524288

[CONTROLS]
KBDAIL=64
KBDELEV=64
KBDRUD=64

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

BLOOM_EFFECTS=0

SKINNED_ANIMATIONS=1

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40

UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=30

WideViewAspect=True

Mode=1920x1080x32

Mode=1024x768x32

[DynamicHeadMovement]
MaxHeadAngle=5.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

[FACILITIES]
CITY=
COUNTRY=
GTL_BUTTON=1244
STATE=

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024

NUM_LIGHTS=8

AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1

AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1

COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1

LANDING_LIGHTS=1

AC_SELF_SHADOW=0

EFFECTS_QUALITY=2

GROUND_SHADOWS=0

TEXTURE_QUALITY=3

IMAGE_QUALITY=0

See_Self=1

Text_Scroll=1

D3D10=1

MultiSamplesPerPixel=4

MultiSampleQuality=8

ForceWindowedVsync=1

HIGHMEMFIX=1

[iNTERNATIONAL]
ASLAT=2
ASLON=0
MEASURE=0

[JOBSCHEDULLER]
AffinityMask=224

[Main]

HideInfoText=0

HideInfoText=0

HideMenuNormal=0

HideMenuFullscreen=0

ProcSpeed=9685

PerfBucket=7

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.1

Maximized=2

Location=440,130,1480,908,\\.\DISPLAY1

[Misc]
Com_Rate=7

[PANELS]
DEFAULT_VIEW=0
IMAGE_QUALITY=1
PANEL_MASKING=1
PANEL_OPACITY=100
PANEL_STRETCHING=1
QUICKTIPS=1
UNITS_OF_MEASURE=0

[PointOfInterestSystem]
CycleSetting=0

[REALISM]

PFactor=0.480000

Torque=0.500000

GyroEffect=0.500000

CrashTolerance=0.520000

General=0.960000

UnlimitedFuel=False

TrueAirspeed=False

AutoCoord=True

RealMixture=False

StressDamage=True

GEffect=True

ManualLights=True

GyroDrift=True

CrashWithDyn=True

CrashDetection=True

AutoTrim=False

AllowEngineDamage=True

[sCENERY]
DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1
IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5
LENSFLARE=1

[sIM]
SYSCLOCK=1

[slewTextInfo.1]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2

[slewTextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
FrameRate=2,1
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
Longitude=1,2

[sOUND]
AmbientUI=0
AmbientUIMusic=FSX01
SOUND=1
SOUND_FADER1=0.250000
SOUND_FADER2=0.250000
SOUND_FADER3=0.420000
SOUND_FADER4=0.020000
SOUND_LOD=0
SOUND_QUALITY=2
UISound=1

[sTARTUP]
DEMO=0
LoadWindow=1
SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1
STARTUP_DEMO=

[TERRAIN]

LOD_RADIUS=4.500000

MESH_COMPLEXITY=74

MESH_RESOLUTION=25

TEXTURE_RESOLUTION=25

AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5

DETAIL_TEXTURE=1

WATER_EFFECTS=7

[TextInfo.1]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
Longitude=1,2

[TextInfo.2]
FrameRate=1,1
FuelPercentage=1,4
GForce=1,3
LockedFrameRate=1,2

[TextInfo.3]
AirSpeed=1,5
Altitude=1,3
FrameRate=2,1
FuelPercentage=2,4
GForce=2,3
Heading=1,4
Latitude=1,1
LockedFrameRate=2,2
Longitude=1,2

[TrafficManager]

AirlineDensity=20

GADensity=20

FreewayDensity=10

ShipsAndFerriesDensity=0

LeisureBoatsDensity=0

IFROnly=0

[Trusted]

[uSERINTERFACE]
Map_Orientation=2
OpenATCOnCreate=0
PageID=1
PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0
PROMPT_ON_EXIT=1
SelectAircraftType=All
ShowAllACPaintSchemes=1
SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0
DisplayFuelAsWeight=0

[VirtualCopilot]
VirtualCopilotActive=0

[Weather]
CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=7
CLOUD_DRAW_DISTANCE=3
DETAILED_CLOUDS=1
DisableTurbulence=0
DownloadWindsAloft=0
DynamicWeather=0
MaxGustRampSpeed=200
MaxGustTime=500
MaxVarRampSpeed=75
MaxVarTime=50
MinGustRampSpeed=1
MinGustTime=10
MinVarRampSpeed=10
MinVarTime=5
THERMAL_VISUALS=0
TurbulenceScale=1.000000
WeatherServerPort=80
[MAPVIEW_MAP]
SHOW_AIRPORTS=1
SHOW_VORS=1
SHOW_NDBS=1
SHOW_APPROACHES=1
SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=0
SHOW_VICTOR=0
SHOW_JET=0
SHOW_AIRSPACE=1
SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1
SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1
SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1
SHOW_DATATAGS=1
SHOW_TERRAIN=1
show_flight_history=1
[MULTIPLAYER]
condAccoutPassword=0
VoiceVolume=0.040000

I notice you all use bufferpool that is not very recommanded for latest graphic with large amount of ram. I used to have trouble with such lines added years ago. Now for fsx and p3d, I add nothing

I notice you all use bufferpool that is not very recommanded for latest graphic with large amount of ram. I used to have trouble with such lines added years ago. Now for fsx and p3d, I add nothing

+1 on this plus I would warn about using a direct copy of someone else's FSX.cfg file. For one the graphics settings are unique to each PC as are the trusted settings of 3rd party addons. Copy and paste appropriate sections is the safe way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 on this plus I would warn about using a direct copy of someone else's FSX.cfg file. For one the graphics settings are unique to each PC as are the trusted settings of 3rd party addons. Copy and paste appropriate sections is the safe way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but it looks like they have only altered a few settings of the author's file.  

Bufferpools shows a significant improvement in my setup.  He uses affinity mask, but I don't.  Honestly, I would have pulled that out of the config, but didn't want to take a shotgun apporach.

I only changed a few of his settings.  His screens may not look the same - that's why I asked him to rename and keep his old config.

As far as dropping a different config into someone elses install, it doesn't affect the base programming, only settings and addons.  I made sure not to mess with his addons.  Left most of the graphics alone, just a few nudges here and there.

This is just a test for the OP.  If he can now run 30 minutes or an hour without an OOM, then we know it's in the configuration of FSX and not so much a problem with Vector.  I feel that he can run the application because we have similar computer rigs.  I'm pushing .4GHz more on the OC, and I'm using a NVidia SLI setup, but his graphics hardware setup should be very acceptable, more than adequate.

Bufferpools shows a significant improvement in my setup.  He uses affinity mask, but I don't.  Honestly, I would have pulled that out of the config, but didn't want to take a shotgun apporach.

I only changed a few of his settings.  His screens may not look the same - that's why I asked him to rename and keep his old config.

As far as dropping a different config into someone elses install, it doesn't affect the base programming, only settings and addons.  I made sure not to mess with his addons.  Left most of the graphics alone, just a few nudges here and there.

This is just a test for the OP.  If he can now run 30 minutes or an hour without an OOM, then we know it's in the configuration of FSX and not so much a problem with Vector.  I feel that he can run the application because we have similar computer rigs.  I'm pushing .4GHz more on the OC, and I'm using a NVidia SLI setup, but his graphics hardware setup should be very acceptable, more than adequate.

Thanks for informations. I have to mark that I am using a fresh Win7, FSX with FTX Global,REX4 and some scenerys and also P3Dv2. After reinstalling all from begining I am not doing copy&paste on my .cfg files. In FSX I made some changes and I can say that I am satisfied, just one Fatal ERROR without any spec. I am testing, testing and testing. Added AffinityMask for few days ago and looks to work great. In P3Dv2 I dint made any changes for .cfg but if someone can tell me witch it will be a must line to add in .cfg I will be very pleased to test it also.

I am sorry Kattz, I didnt understand exactly what did you meen with what should I add or remove from my fsx.cfg so please if I am not asking too much explain to me a litle more.

I was also tried without any POOLS but FSX works better for me with pools lines.

Best Regards

Marius L.

Hi, Marius,

What I'd hoped that you would do is to copy your current FSX.cfg into a new notepad file and save it as FSX_OLD.cfg.  Open up your current FSX.cfg and cut all text out.  Then take my changes I posted up here and paste them into your fsx.cfg, save it,  and give it a try.  If it has big issues, then simply delete it and rename FSX_old.cfg to FSX.cfg and you're right back where you started from.  But I am glad to hear that things are going better.  Here is a shot of FSX flying KTPA > KATL in real wx and winds aloft with FlyTampa and ImagineSim airports in use, FTXG and FTXV both running, bone-stock NGX, Active Sky Next, REX4, Radar Contact, and Aivlasoft EFB all running at the same time.  My memory pool was UNDER 1 Gb when this shot was taken.  I also tossed in an image of my old A-10A canyon-running in the canyons outside of Edwards AFB.  26FPS, but you can't see any stutter at all.

post-43544-0-66727400-1388963157_thumb.j

post-43544-0-05212300-1388963200_thumb.j

Let me know how it works out!

Kev

Hi, Marius,

What I'd hoped that you would do is to copy your current FSX.cfg into a new notepad file and save it as FSX_OLD.cfg.  Open up your current FSX.cfg and cut all text out.  Then take my changes I posted up here and paste them into your fsx.cfg, save it,  and give it a try.  If it has big issues, then simply delete it and rename FSX_old.cfg to FSX.cfg and you're right back where you started from.  But I am glad to hear that things are going better.  Here is a shot of FSX flying KTPA > KATL in real wx and winds aloft with FlyTampa and ImagineSim airports in use, FTXG and FTXV both running, bone-stock NGX, Active Sky Next, REX4, Radar Contact, and Aivlasoft EFB all running at the same time.  My memory pool was UNDER 1 Gb when this shot was taken.  I also tossed in an image of my old A-10A canyon-running in the canyons outside of Edwards AFB.  26FPS, but you can't see any stutter at all.

attachicon.gif2014-1-5_17-29-50-707.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-1-4_20-11-17-441.jpg

Let me know how it works out!

Kev

Hi Kattz and thanks again for your time to answer me.

2 questions:

1. Do you use DX10 Steve fixer? - I am not

2. What do you think if I will just add the lines that you changed? - I am afraid that if I will copy/paste your cfg FSX will, again, not recognize my TrackIR and PMDGs.dll and many... - Last time was happened so when I deleted tweked fsx.cfg and let FSX to create a new one to start all over.

Regards

For what it's worth.

I had a crash approaching PANC with Vector last weekend... never had it before with nearly everything maxed out.

Now I noticed in the task manager that the FSX proces was going nicely over 3 Gig's of ram.

Some time ago in my FSX.CFG I had adjusted the LOD_RADIUS from the original 4.5 to 6.5.

Now I lowered it to 4.5 again and no more OOM's in the same situations.

I also notice that now the FSX proces only uses a bit over 2 Gig to 2.5 Gigs of ram.

Stefaan

Yes, I also set bufferpools =0 . A fast video card, with 2 or more gigs of memory should be able to handle the load, and take some workload off the CPU. Although everyone's results may differ. It is best to first backup your original CFG file, before making changes.

For what it's worth.

I had a crash approaching PANC with Vector last weekend... never had it before with nearly everything maxed out.

Now I noticed in the task manager that the FSX proces was going nicely over 3 Gig's of ram.

Some time ago in my FSX.CFG I had adjusted the LOD_RADIUS from the original 4.5 to 6.5.

I also notice that now the FSX proces only uses a bit over 2 Gig to 2.5 Gigs of ram.

Stefaan

I have found that it is better to leave the LOD_RADIUS at its default setting of 4.5. Setting it to 6.5 only puts a lot more stress on the CPU, and causes more chance for an OOM situation. Another thing I think helps is when installing airport addons which support up to 4096, it is better to limit the resolution to 2048 in your CFG file, since in my opinion the difference in visuals is not very noticeable, but much more resource hungry at the higher setting.

I have found that it is better to leave the LOD_RADIUS at its default setting of 4.5. Setting it to 6.5 only puts a lot more stress on the CPU, and causes more chance for an OOM situation. Another thing I think helps is when installing airport addons which support up to 4096, it is better to limit the resolution to 2048 in your CFG file, since in my opinion the difference in visuals is not very noticeable, but much more resource hungry at the higher setting.

+1

Hi guy's,

I love all the ORBX products and i have a lot, i buy everything that comes out for global and US (and i spend hundreds of dollars on ORBX products and i am completely happy with that).

In the past i never had any OOM with this system, flying online and only to (heavy load) addon scenery in the PMDG B777 and before that in the PMDG B747.

After i installed Vector, i was not able to finish any flight without a OOM.

It occurs only on Touch down, so reasonably late in the flight and dispite of the OOM's i can still park at the gate but with a black untextured scenery.

So i feel i really have a good high end system.

But, because of these OOM's with Vector, i decided to uninstall wich also immediately solved the problem.

I feel very sorry about this, because i love everything from ORBX…..but Vector is a mistake.

I know that heavy load, on heavy load, is causing OOM's and maybe when i would fly the default Cessna i will not have OOM's with Vector. (but i see others have….)

Dispite that i think a refund had to be discussible because many of us can not use the product like it is ment to be.

The load is just to heavy like the "Ultimate" products from other brand and i think it was ORBX responsibility to notice that.

Unless this problem, i keep investing in all ORBX airports and landclass products like Pacific North West, Alaska South, Central Rockies etc.…..they are just great !

Also, ORBX do care about us….they provide also free stuff to us. But their reaction on the Vector product issues is "rather poor"

The reaction from Pilots in this tread imho is just "pushing away the responsibility".

Kind regards,

Ben

Ordernumber Vector: FSS0258174

I was flying the PMDG 777 and I use DX10 mode.

Thanks Stefaan,

That's good to know. But I wish to ask a bit more. Did you fly from another addon scenery to Panc; and is your PANC an addon as well by simwings? The reason for my question is that I'm trying to gauge FSX limitations under DX10. I know with me I must save long haul flights.

Say I fly from FSDT KJFK to Simwings PANC in Pmdg 747 with Rex4, activesky next(ASNXT) or OPUSFSX, orbx FTXG IN HYBRID WITH orbx SAK, I must save flight approximately 100 miles from reaching PANC and orbx SAK area. Then reload to continue and complete flight (under Dx9- I have yet to try DX10). Also note that all my addon scenery remain on/ active in FSX menus ( 400+ scenery). What I'm trying to determine is what is the most common environment users are setting to achieve a successful flight from start to end.

If I turn on Orbx Vector I add approximate 150 to 200mb to my VAS and with that added to what I have going on increases my OoM experiences. I agree that Vector reduces the amount of natural autogen as the road network and outlay of cities are far more accurate to UTX and or stock FSX and thereby reduce the number of polygons I see on arrival to airports. Essentially, I'm hoping you can shed some light on your findings with Vector and typical VAS usage that helps us all from the dreaded OoMing

Thx

Thanks Stefaan,

That's good to know. But I wish to ask a bit more. Did you fly from another addon scenery to Panc; and is your PANC an addon as well by simwings? The reason for my question is that I'm trying to gauge FSX limitations under DX10. I know with me I must save long haul flights.

I should have added a bit more info Keino,

The flight I flew originated at KBFI wich is in the rather 'heavy' Seattle FSX environment, and I use Simwings PANC for quite some time now without problems.

I did unactivate the ground scenery by Simwings as per instructions from Holger, so I only have the airport in the Orbx environment.

Further more I use REXe+OD textures with ASN and the activated scenery was North America in FTX Central + Vector + FSGlobal 2010 FTX mesh.

About DX10, I've been using it for quite some time and now with Steve's DX10fix I use DX10 all the time. Definitely worth it.

Like with your flight, if I was going from KJFK to PANC I might have chosen for North America, although I guess FTXGlobal would have been OK also.

What I noticed in the past is that in DX9 some sceneries are very heavy on the system, occasionally to the point of unuseable without stuttering. In DX10 I don't have this problem, it's very smooth so that's why I keep it always on now.

In my configuration I never had to save a flight to reload and finish.

The amount of VAS you mention with Vector is approximately the same here with my system.

To be sure I did the flight again now that I changed my LOD_RADIUS back to default 4.5 and the texture limit to 2048 and had no problems whatsoever, smooth flying and no indications of an OOM creeping up.

So for my system I can say that the tip by Virgey is definitely the way to go.

I should have added a bit more info Keino,

The flight I flew originated at KBFI wich is in the rather 'heavy' Seattle FSX environment, and I use Simwings PANC for quite some time now without problems.

[...]

To be sure I did the flight again now that I changed my LOD_RADIUS back to default 4.5 and the texture limit to 2048 and had no problems whatsoever, smooth flying and no indications of an OOM creeping up.

So for my system I can say that the tip by Virgey is definitely the way to go.

Hello Everyone!

To be sure I did the flight again now that I changed my LOD_RADIUS back to default 4.5 and the texture limit to 2048 and had no problems whatsoever, smooth flying and no indications of an OOM creeping up

Indeed, indeed:

I fully second that!

From my personal experience, i can also say that a LOD of 4,5, a texture limitation of 2048 and Steve's DX10 fix in use helps a lot to avoid OOM's in FSX even when using demanding 3rd party aircrafts and sceneries and even under severe real world weather conditions with 3rd party weather programs such as REX, ASN, FSGRW or OPUS in use!

It is also highly recommended though to set up cloud and water textures properly if 3rd party add-ons such as REX, FEX or AS textures are being used for them.

But if all that is taken care of, i can say that since i fly with this combo outlined above, i also never ever experienced an OOM anymore!

Sure:

There will never be a 100% cure for OOM's due to FSX's 32bit architecture, but DX10 really helps a lot to improve things here!

Only my 2 cents here now though.

Cheers, Christoph

For what it's worth.

Stefaan

Stefaan, instean 6.5, test 5.5 LOD Radius ;)

A tip, reduce traffic (Cars/Trains/Boats) to 10 or less.

So, after, tell us (try to do the same trip "PANC"

regards

Stefaan, instean 6.5, test 5.5 LOD Radius ;)

A tip, reduce traffic (Cars/Trains/Boats) to 10 or less.

So, after, tell us (try to do the same trip "PANC"

regards

Hi Luiz,

I've changed LOD_RADIUS to 5.5 and reduced traffic as you mentioned for a test with the same flight into PANC.

This time there was no memory problem.

I noticed in task manager that the FSX proces used more VAS than in the LOD_RADIUS 4.5 case but it stayed nicely below the low 3.x Gig's I had with LOD_RADIUS 6.5 which of course makes sense :-)

Regards,

Hi

After installing vector it was a big wow, what a difference. But unfortunately I did also run into OOM issues even with the Wilco A320. Cleaning up W7-64 by deactivating not required processes, default windows programs like disabling media player and virus scanner did help that “Windows†occupies less memory. After boot W7-64 occupies now >300MB less memory compared to before. I do not really know how W7-64 allocates the 4GB memory space for FSX but at least in my case it did help to reduce OOM breaks (until now I had no incidence).
But in any case it would be nice if vector could be disabled and/or complexity reduced with a button out of the Orbx menu.

Rgds

Guido

Just to clear something about Vector... 

My rig: i5 3570K overclocked to 4,6 GHz, GTX 660Ti PE OC from MSI clocked 1280/7000 MHz when fully stressed, Corsair 750W PSU, old but good Samsung Spin Point F1 500 GB, 2x4GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM

Additional software:

1. FS2Crew NGX + Emergency NGX

2. PMDG 737 NGX (or sometimes RealAIR Duke v2.0)

3. REX Essentials + OD

4. REX 4 Direct

5. Active Sky Next

6. GSX

7. FTX Global

8. FTX Vector

9. FS Global 2010 

10. AccuSim V2 

11. DX 10 Scenery Fixer

12. MyTraffic 2013

Yes, this is a lot of resource eating software. Yes, Vector did not make it better in terms of FPS.

But wait a minute - who said it will? I have absolutely NO OOM errors, even though I have the AI traffic set pretty high. I didn't go crazy with LOD radius - 5,0 is enough for me. I keep my autogen at dense and scenery one point down from max. I turned off aircraft casts shadows on itself because this feature is broken, I turned off lens flare as this is even more broken and I turned off ground scenery shadows as I spend most time in air. 

Rest is pretty much set to max except for whater (1 point down from max) and mesh resolution (5m) 

I have went through Kosta's guide step by step, applied some of the tweaks, some which I didn't like or didn't help my performance - I removed them. 

Please note that I am not using any addon airports as they are the biggest resource hogs invented for FSX. Now at big airports, with huge traffic like Gatwick or Charles de Gaule in Paris I don't fall below 20 FPS which I consider to be ultimately good especially that I am using enhanced overcast conditions in ASN, MyTraffic 2013, PMDG and NI 4xSGSSAA which are known to eat resources. 

I am defragging my HDD once a week, I have removed all the games from it (FSX became my one and only passion), I am turning off any unnecessary software during gameplay and there is NO problem at all. 

DX10 Scenery Fixer did a great job here as with DX10 You don't get OOM errors. But TBH - it is all about finding right sweetspot between your hardware capabilities and crispness of scenery/amount of autogen/quality of planes etc. 

I did find this sweetspot and I am a living proof that ORBX is not the one to be blamed here. It is either too many modifications on Your hard drive, inappropriate settings or issues with hardware. If your hardware cannot handle Vector than don't use it for the sake of nice flight simming experience. 

If it can - use it, for the sake of ultimately GREAT fs experience. 

I understand you - I was in the same place when REX OD was crashing my sim, REX 4 Direct broke my lights, ASN caused OOMs and DX10 scenery fixer hanged my computer but in the end of the day it was always either my hardware of software/config fault and most importantly I was always  able to FIX IT. 

And that's what I wish to all of you. See you in the skies!

Hello all

Like I posted before, I had also OOM after Vector instal and made a fresh Win, FSX and P3Dv2 install but no Vector instal for the moment. Everything goes great and NO OOMs. I am just wondering> Can be possible that just WE witch have AMD GPU to have this problem??

I don't know what to do, becouse I am not so happy about having Vector and not use it...

P3Dv2 I purchased after my problems with OOMs in FSX and after reinstaling Win, FSX and all scenerys...WHat should I do, ORBX team? Should I wait for a patch or is enyone from ORBX team who think about our problems with OOMs after instaling Vector?

I know that all other members who answered to my and to others questions about this OOM after instaling Vector was good intentioned but I ASK AGAIN FOR AN ORBXs TEAM MEMBER to answer to my and not just mine problem !!

I know that you, ORBX members, working hard to solve not just Vectors problems but also other patches, upcoming products, but I ask you nicely again to answer to my questions.

Just for info> I7 3770K , AMD HD7970 3Gb DDR5 384bit, ASUS Maximus V with 16G DDR3, SSD256G with Win7 64 on it and HDD3000, LED42" and LCD23". FSX Acceleration, FSGlobal2010, FTX Global, REX 4 Direct, AivlaSoft, 2 Aerosoft Scenerys and 4 UK2000 Scenerys / FSX.cfg twek just BP, HIGHMEMFIX and VSynk in windowed mode / Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density - VeryDense / Trafik Cars-3 , Boats and ... to 10. / NO OOMs now after reinstal !!!!

Best Regards

Marius L.

Hello all

Like I posted before, I had also OOM after Vector instal and made a fresh Win, FSX and P3Dv2 install but no Vector instal for the moment. Everything goes great and NO OOMs. I am just wondering> Can be possible that just WE witch have AMD GPU to have this problem??

I don't know what to do, becouse I am not so happy about having Vector and not use it...

P3Dv2 I purchased after my problems with OOMs in FSX and after reinstaling Win, FSX and all scenerys...WHat should I do, ORBX team? Should I wait for a patch or is enyone from ORBX team who think about our problems with OOMs after instaling Vector?

I know that all other members who answered to my and to others questions about this OOM after instaling Vector was good intentioned but I ASK AGAIN FOR AN ORBXs TEAM MEMBER to answer to my and not just mine problem !!

I know that you, ORBX members, working hard to solve not just Vectors problems but also other patches, upcoming products, but I ask you nicely again to answer to my questions.

Just for info> I7 3770K , AMD HD7970 3Gb DDR5 384bit, ASUS Maximus V with 16G DDR3, SSD256G with Win7 64 on it and HDD3000, LED42" and LCD23". FSX Acceleration, FSGlobal2010, FTX Global, REX 4 Direct, AivlaSoft, 2 Aerosoft Scenerys and 4 UK2000 Scenerys / FSX.cfg twek just BP, HIGHMEMFIX and VSynk in windowed mode / Scenery Complexity and Autogen Density - VeryDense / Trafik Cars-3 , Boats and ... to 10. / NO OOMs now after reinstal !!!!

Best Regards

Marius L.

The status has been "answered" and I doubt if they will revisit this thread.  Just start a new one to grab their attention.  Besides, they don't want piggybacking your issues on other people's threads anyway.

But don't be surprised if the answer is just to simply lower your settings.  You might just have to bite the bullet whether you like it or not.

Guys,

I posted the following at avsim forum. Could you please try if it works for you "

"Heads up Gentlemen...

I am not 100% sure but did tha last test different setup scenarios that all ended with an oom approaching uk2000 egll (even orbx england and eghi installed).

Those OOM'S appear mostly at 2.9 Gbyte VAS. FSX was able to push it to 3.2 sometimes 3.3 before running into an OOM.

So i was thinking about the Highmemfix tweak.

after putting that into prepar3d.cfg

i got NO OOM crash when flying the same approach and cruising above EGLL. VAS is at 3.1 Gbyte..

Could you try it too and report back if it works for you please ?

Thanks a lot,

Carsten"

Carsten

Hello all

Best Regards

Marius L.

Read what Mephic did to get his system running smoothly. You will have to make some compromises with FSX.  Mephic decided to NOT use addon airports, because of their resource use. He also has a very capable rig, but he still has to make some compromises in order to achieve a satisfactory experience. Also to answer your question, I do NOT think it is your AMD GPU, because I am pretty sure people with NVidia cards are also having the same issue as you. The ONE possibility is your video card driver. There have been some issues with the latest Radeon drivers when using FSX. The only resolve so far is a reinstall of the earlier video drivers. I can't remember the driver version specifically, but if you have the very latest driver install, then probably if you revert to the previous driver, you might have an improvement. You could also go to UTube, and look up " FSX Genius". He has a video that talks about the latest Radeon video card driver issues. Finally, I could be wrong, but I think that P3D v2 should work good with Radeon cards, given the fact that they supported Radon cards in version 1.4  Also Radeon cards work very good with XPlane. Hope this helps.

Hi Kattz and thanks again for your time to answer me.

2 questions:

1. Do you use DX10 Steve fixer? - I am not

2. What do you think if I will just add the lines that you changed? - I am afraid that if I will copy/paste your cfg FSX will, again, not recognize my TrackIR and PMDGs.dll and many... - Last time was happened so when I deleted tweked fsx.cfg and let FSX to create a new one to start all over.

Regards

Hi, Marius,

I really apologize, as I've been away from my computer and out of the country on business.

Yes, I use Steve's DX10 Fixer.  I would say some of the best money I've ever spent.

What I did with your cfg file was to make changes to run the same graphics settings as they can be applied to your machine.  Your cfg is otherwise unchanged, so all of your addon's will work. I changed your bufferpools to match mine, and some other small tweaks.  Everything should work except your multiple screens or screen order might change and you would just have to fix that.

Here's an idea:  Remove the affinity masking and revise the bufferpools only.  Use the values I sent you.  Just try that at first, and then make incremental changes by comparing what I sent you with what you have. PLEASE, make a copy of your cfg as it is now and put it in your documents folder so you can easily change everything back.

I now have all of my system restored and ALL of my add on airports installed.  My FPS is as low as 19 or 20 sometimes, but still smooth enough that you don't really notice it.  I am not having any issues with my machine or setup.

Physically, how is your FSX set up, as in does the OS, user files, and FSX all reside on one drive?  Or is FSX and ALL of the related programs and add-ons on a seperate drive?  Are you using mechanical drives, or SSD's?

I did discover something interesting 5 minutes ago while typing this - I removed my second video card that is being used as a dedicated Physx processor in my SLI setup. My memory usage in flight almost doubled.  Had I been using the 777, I probably would have had a CTD or OOM eventually.

Archived