Castle ruins from FTX Global? [Germany]

Guenseli

Hello and a merry Xmas,

I have such castle ruins all over the place:

ENoqZiL.png

This is right out of Berlin EDDT in western direction, but I have them anywhere.

Does anybody have some idea if that could be tied to FTX Global?

Or if not, what else?

I have nothing special installed just german airports etc, but no special sceneries but FTX Global

many thanks,

Guenter

BUMP

If I disable FTXX_ORBXLIBS in the scenery library, the issue is gone

Would be nice to get any help here or at least someone else could have a look at e.g.Berlin if he also has the problem

I have also disabled all other sceneries in FSX to see what is the probably faulty thing. It is definitely tied to FTXX_ORBXLIBS

ORBX Libraries are newest.

the following screenshot is from Munich

HLTTjJ4.jpg

Günter, I checked it in Berlin and couldn't see any of them. Although I must admit that I'm using VFR Germany. Can you show it in a kind of "neutral" area, maybe with the ccordinates?  And I guess you have the latest libraries installed?

Hi there,

do the "ruins" remain visible when you turn off autogen? If so then they are custom-placed objects and probably stem from some other add-on. If they disappear then they are indeed part of the FTXG autogen files though possibly some GUID mixup.

Cheers, Holger

do the "ruins" remain visible when you turn off autogen?

Hallo Holger und Otto,

EDITED and deleted this part between as I made an error. ruins disappear with autogen off, see post below

And it seems to be tied to germany also:

I visited Bangkok, Krabi, Poland, France ...there isn't that error.

Strange, that it disappears when I disable FTX_ORBXLIBS, but they do not diappear if I disable all other sceneries ...

OK, disregard the above statement about autogen, I don't know whats going on.

In Berlin, they do disappear when Autogen is off:

Also in Munich ... don't know why one was left in EDDL. With a second sight, there are also away and there are no leftovers from any autogen.

T08lgLJ.jpg

X8y4T18.jpg

So, conclusion, Yes, the ruins disappear, when autogen is off.

But they just appear in germany it seems

Hello Wolter,

no need for exact coordinates. As I said I have it all over Germany. Simply start at EDDM or EDDT and fly around Munich or Berlin.

There are countless castles in every city. (As you see in the picture above with autogen on over Berlin - every black building is a castle)

This is so obvisious that I doubt anybody else has seen that error, so I conclude it must be something special on my end.

ok,

I reinstalled FSX.

No Addons! No Landclass, no Mesh, no sceneries!

Just FTX Global 1.1!!!

M9ddcdb.png

uWQEnfh.png

And, that you could see, that it is all over germany, here is a shot from Frankfurt

IgbIDAq.png

Before anybody mention it:

I have had FTX Global v1.2 installed before, I just wanted to see when the error was coming up.

So, FTX Global 1.2 or newer ORBX Libs do not solve that!

Hope to see a fix soon!

Many thanks

Hi there,

sorry but I've just checked Munich, Frankfurt and Berlin and there wasn't a single castle ruin in sight. This was with FTXG 1.1 (Hybrid) and no other add-on active for the area. Unless someone else can reproduce what you're seeing it seems it's an issue particular to your system. Are you using FSX with SP2 or Acceleration?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there,

sorry but I've just checked Munich, Frankfurt and Berlin and there wasn't a single castle ruin in sight. This was with FTXG 1.1 (Hybrid) and no other add-on active for the area. Unless someone else can reproduce what you're seeing it seems it's an issue particular to your system. Are you using FSX with SP2 or Acceleration?

Cheers, Holger

Hallo Holger,

I use Acceleration.

But what could be special to my system?

I just installed FSX and Acceleration (I have FSX on a separate HDD, uninstalled all, formated that HDD(!), made a fresh install of FSX and Acc)... nothing else(!) then FTX Global 1.1 (Later then Global 1.2 and Vector.)

I of course checked the vanilla FSX installation if there are any castles and there a none of course.

And if I deactivate FTXAA_ORBXLIBS they are gone ...

Pure guessing: FSX DX10 preview mode activated or running in DX9?

DX10 with scenery fixer ...

I disabled DX10 just to see what happens ... no changes.

Here is a (DX9) shot from near. maybe one could identify the ruin where it comes from...

Hr7e0LH.png

This drives me really crazy .... >:(

I hope, ORBX will support me also I'm currently the only one who has this error.

I asked some people, but they do not have this issue.

But I wonder what I could make wrong beside doing a fresh FX installation and then installing directly FTX Global?

And yes, to make the whole thing complete crazy, I do not have this in my P3D v2 installation (also on a different HDD)

So, for the devs: I have here two screenshots

Gga4pRr.jpg

This is with FTXAA_ORBXLIB enabled in scenry library

JuhKzLT.jpg

This is with unchecked FTXAAORBXLIB

So, what would be the disadvantage to have FTXAA_ORBXLIB keep unchecked beside the advantage that the castles disappear?

I can't see any difference? Could this be correct?

It's pretty tricky to see what is going on, particularly if no-one else has the issue!

It is particularly odd that it occurs after a reinstall (I'm assuming you also deleted your FSX folder before the reinstall, so there are no left-over files?)

If the object persists when autogen is turned off, then it is a custom collection of placements.  A tool such as Instant Scenery 3 may be able to find which library object was being called, and which bgl file was referencing it.  That would, of course, require installation of IS3 on a system that has the abberant castles?

In terms of deactivating ORBXLibs, this will cause a large number of objects (not just the castles to be missing).   Essentially it will cut all the global ORBX custom objects (apart from those associated with specific airports)

thanks for replying

@ Ian

I deinstalled all Addons and FSX. After that I formated the FSX HDD.

Then I installed FSX (no castles) then I installed FTX Global 1.1 (castles appeared)

(I installed afterwards FTX Global 1.2 and Vector and current ORBXLIBS with no difference)

When I deactivate Autogen (via the FSX autogen slider), castles and autogen are away.

When I deactivate (just) FTXAA_ORBXLIBS then the Castles are away (see the picture above; I can't see that other objects are vanishing in Berlin; haven't tried it in other locations)

I found one other user ("Friedi"; don't know if he is betatester for ORBX?) which can confirm my problem.

----------------

@KSandleben

I have German Landmarks not installed. But I have had it on a earlier installation: BUT, I have reinstalled and formated my complete OS before my next installation and haven't had installed German Landmarks.

Beside this castles, happy new year!

So, is the picture above with deactivated FTXAA_ORBXLIBS reasonable?

I have some points I wonder about:

1) could it be, that FTX Global customers are mostly people which have been earlier ORBX customers? In other words, do they probably have older ORBXLIBS which prevent the castles appearing? Is sth. like that possible?

2) I wonder, why I do not have the castles in my P3D v2 installation? Could a parallel P3D installation cause any issues? (P3D is on a separate HDD)

3) has anybody now really tried to make a clean, vanilla install?

I will try that probably the next days on my laptop (if this works with the licences)

and you see them better in winter. Other season will hide the castles better.

Any other German o/s users experiencing similar (without the Aerosoft add-on) ?

Yes, I "met" one in a german forum: "Friedi". He said he will report it internal to ORBX ... don't know if he is betatester.

I'm really curious about the solution ... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same castle issues all over europe.. In some airport (LIMB for example) the castle is right in front of the runway and it is impossible to land or take off accurately!!

.... Or in Stuttgart is on the side, and I have never see an airport built few meters from a caste.

yesterday I'm landing In Helsinki and found about 6-7 of that castles near the airport....

Please could you fix that, in LIMB 18 is impossible to land.

• 3 months later...

Hello ORBX-Team,

hello "Guenseli", hello "marcog84"

sorry for my english

i have the same problem with the "castle-ruins".

When you put the slider of autogen-density to "extrem dense", then see you the ruins, push the slider to "very dense" - the ruins are gone !!!!

s541lxmh6cv.jpg

ygscmaxkgkn.jpg

Hope, on your systems are the same effect.

Greetings and every day three greens

Richard

Archived