Recommend me a, relatively, FPS friendly Aussie airport

addman

Preferably international or regional for a little bit bigger aircraft. My own research tells me Tamworth might be one of the more FPS friendly ones. Any advice is appreciated.

/Andreas

P.S I already have YBAS, YBRM and YBCS.

YMML V2 was my first choice but information on performance is very conflicting. I don't mind dialing things down though, had to with YBCS. Thank you all for the advice.

I recently got the Australian 4 region pack, and then wanted an airport to go with it. I was a little concerned about Melbourne, but thought if it was a real killer I could just use a less complex aircraft (default Lear or 737) and then use "instant scenery" excludes to systematically disassemble it until it became useable. In fact it is the ONLY FTX payware airport I've been able to fly the Majestic Dash off from with a steady locked 30fps. Southampton (in the UK) for example yields about 25/27 fps, but then there are more statics etc (I don't see any at Melbourne, but I think there was an AI option?).

The problem being, I love Melbourne so much I now want another, but it now seems as though the V2 addressed a number of performance issues which might still be a factor with the other V1 major airports? Is that right, or was Melbourne just particularly frame hungry?

I  have most of their airports and from my experience it depends on what you select in the control panel, Isreals Farm can be the worst if you have all grass selectedin the control panel, Canberra too can be  rough if you select ground polys for the entire field ,other than those two all of my airports are the same

Archived