I see no ships.

VH-KDK

At the Battle of Copenhagen in 1801 Admiral Parker gave orders for Nelson to disengage fearing heavy losses to the British Fleet. Admiral Nelson disobeyed the order, raising his telescope to his blind eye and saying "I see no ships."

HMS Nelson was one of 2 Nelson Class Battleships the other being HMS Rodney. Their unconventional design of having all turrets ahead of the superstructure was to comply with the Washington Treaty. They were armed with 9 16"guns.

The Rodney was famous for putting the main guns of the Bismark out of action with between 100-130 hits during the epic encounter in 1941.

Both ships survived the war and were scrapped in 1947.

1.hMYJa.jpg

2.3g0zO.jpg

3.kvcG.jpg

4.iOyQ.jpg

5.wP1yz.jpg

6.v5jtT.jpg

7.kO9Xn.jpg

8.oRnZG.jpg

The mast did not fit under either bridge.

9.Nw6lT.jpg

10.DO3nU.jpg

Duck your heads in Bo'ness.

Hope you enjoy something different.

Not quite as exhilarating as flying but for me still interesting to look at a ship from a bygone age.

All straight vees with minimal cropping.

Great stuff Martyn, I like this, nice work!!

Adam

Nice piece of history here!

+1    - That would be great Martyn.

Very, very cool! :)

Very cool.  Hope you can continue this aerial/nautical/historical theme with other ships in other places.

Very nice indeed.

cheers

Iain

Cool one Martyn!!!!! I like the history lesson.

I enjoyed your "different" shots very much Martyn. Thanks for posting.

I Like this! Different.

Do some more!!

Talk about your low and slow , these ships easily qualify . Great post Martyn , I enjoyed very much .

Cheers

Brad

Thank you all for your great response and comments.

I was not too sure how a battleship would go down, but I will do some more for you all when I get time.

Already have the next one planned.

Let me know if you are running short on AI ships.  I collect as many as I can find -- granted not as much into the historical ones, but there certainly are plenty of those.

BTW, the US Navy is having a birthday coming up... October 13, 1775.

Let me know if you are running short on AI ships.  I collect as many as I can find -- granted not as much into the historical ones, but there certainly are plenty of those.

BTW, the US Navy is having a birthday coming up... October 13, 1775.

Many thanks Ripcord. Any leads would be most welcome.

A couple spots to look:

http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/103/fsx-other-aircraft-vehicles/

http://www.flyingstations.com/ark-royal.html

Much of this is redundant you will notice.

Lastly, go to flightsim.com and search the FSX section for Erwin Welker.  That will give you 19 pages of stuff, much of it not found on these other sites.  In fact this is where I found your HMS Rodney and HMS Nelson ships.

Cheers

http://www.fs-shipyards.com/

Ahoy mate.

Some of these are listed as 'pilotable' but I like to just use them as AI boats.  I can create AI boat traffic for free flight or I can use them in missions.  If you need help with that, let me know.

Aahaarrrgh Jim Lad, many thanks for the links and your kind offer of help. Looks like a great new dimension to simming.

BTW big celebrations in Sydney this week end to commemorate the centenary of the first entry of the Royal Australian Navy fleet into The Harbour.

Archived