DX10 install humming now

Capnsully

Thanks for the tip from someone ( ????) who mentioned that having unlimited framerates (rather than say, 30) actually boosted the fps performance, my DX10 install is really humming along, getting high 20s in the PMDG NGX all over Cairns including the CBD, even into the 30s! Unlike the 'olden days', not limiting the fps doesn't seem to cause stutters or laggy rates, I suppose since it's already flying at over 25 all the time! Fantastic stuff. It's like a new sim, will keep me busy while salivating for P3Dv2. 

The C172 is the A2A version that's reasonably tough on frames as well, a good test.

PS, I have cheated, in that I've reduced the water settings to Low, since it still looks damn good most of the time and I've already got bored with the crude reflection tech of DX10, esp given its fps impact. Autogen density is at Very Dense and scenery comp. is at Extremely dense. 

jhJq4.jpg

sALC.jpg

tgiq1.jpg

32fps at V2!!! Unheard of for me:

dkq5g.jpg

hIpoc.jpg

MVmO.jpg

I must be doing something terribly wrong. i73820 o/c'd to 4.4 GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX570, SSD with all the common cfg fixes and I'm only getting 12-16 fps.

Time to reanalyse my cfg file. I've been flying around for over a year now with frame rates that are nowhere near you guys, with or without DX10 and unlimited frames,

I'm inspired now to extract all I can from my rig

Great shots too Simmo

Steve

Archived