Who will make the switch to P3D V2?

Ziggy

So, will all of us hard cores switch over to the "new" sim? I am so very excited to see what is in the works and obviously so many others are as well. I know I have been waiting for at least 5 years for this, I will be switching to P3D V2. Does anyone think this is all over hyped or do you think it's gonna be a grand slam?

I'm super excited, I hope it's the real deal. Hope everyone is doing amazing.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I  too will be giving P2D V2 a go but also don't think it will be the massive game changer that some are hoping for.

I hope they fix the menu set up, the issues with ATC  and generally improve the whole experience.Which if the "leaked changes" are true they say they have.After all it is a brand new purchase,full price to paid for it again. The proof as they say will be in the pudding.

I don't get why so many people emphasise on it being a whole new purchase?  Are they the type who would expect Microsoft to release Office 2013 as a free upgrade to owners Office 2010?  Its not as if its like a minor service pack or something like that.  Its a whole new version with significant changes from V1.x.  

The above really makes me laugh.

I was caught up in the excitement of P3D and when the student version became available I bought it. I've watched the forum and reports but I've never been moved to install it and try it. I'm happy with all of the addon enhancements to FSX and I will read with interest what the new P3D version brings but I won't be the first to buy. 

good flights, Cal

One "problem" I see is that one will have to have or be willing to purchase a compatible video card in order to take advantage of DX11.  Some people with newer hardware already have this capability but for the rest of us with older hardware, we will have to figure in that cost as well.  It's not trivial as we are talking about advanced hardware features  that tend to be available only on the higher cost devices.

Stan V

See how it pans out, might give it a if it improves things. The other day i went through the three flightsim stores I support and looked at how much money i have spent on FSX, its scary.

I hear ya, I did the same the other day when I heard the p3d beta news........WOW!! I guess I can't get mad at the wife for buying shoes anymore .....lol

I will be watching lots of YouTube videos and reviews, just before buying.

You gots to love technology. ..lol

Once PMDG finds out there's no money in the bank for fsx, they have no choice but to support p3d v2 and that's a guarantee. I'm not going to worry about PMDG is their lost...even though I own most of their tube lines. I guess I'll be doing more great GA flying.

I'm in...regardless of military opinion, w/o which we wouldn't have oh I don't know...cars, trucks, planes trains ahips and such...Since P3D current runs smooth like butter and looks a million times better with all the ORBX sceenry I tend to thin V2.0 will be a most excellent adventure....

I don't know the first thing about P3D as I have not the foggiest idea of it. To be honest Ihave not even looked at the P3D Web site .

P3D is the offspring of FSX, Lockheed Martin purchased from Microsoft and took over, P3D V2 would be what I would consider "FS 11"

I'll probably buy it, but not on day one. Dx11 sounds great, but I'll want to see how all the legacy stuff plays ball, as with all the global products I'll have I won't want to have installed twice on my hard drive. glad to hear of the developments though.

A big, big YES. I love P3D, and this is the next iteration. As for paying, I'm with those who have paid for every sim since it all started. an as Orbx is involved then we can look forward with some confidence that there will be some backward compatibility.

I have given away all my 2002 and 2004 disks, and soon it may be FSX turn. Hopefully some publisher(s) like BBS and Aerosoft will give us some airliners.

I'm new to FSX so it won't be a big financial loss. I've only spent 300 bucks on FSX and that includes FTX Global.

My wallet is closed for FSX until I see some P3D V2.

Now the question is will I be able to simply apply my FTX Global on P3DV2? I kept the zip file.

Hi all,

I am certainly looking forward to this release, and it looks to be very close indeed.  Out of the box with stock scenery it could be fsx but more stable and hopefully taking advantage of the hardware of modern computers.

But add to that all the ORBX stuff and REX as well as other excellent quality add ons, I think this will be a sim of the future.

I was caught up in the excitement of P3D and when the student version became available I bought it. I've watched the forum and reports but I've never been moved to install it and try it. I'm happy with all of the addon enhancements to FSX and I will read with interest what the new P3D version brings but I won't be the first to buy. 

good flights, Cal

=1 

See how it pans out, might give it a if it improves things. The other day i went through the three flightsim stores I support and looked at how much money i have spent on FSX, its scary.

=1  :wacko:

What about forward compatibility of purchased FSX Aircraft and Scenery. 

Not important, to me anyway.  Any compatibility will be a bonus, but I'd rather see LM break compatibility with existing products to make a better engine than continue with outdated code.  Addons can always be updated to suit the new engine.

Definitely. However I'll probably have to keep my P3D 1.4 installation in parallel for a while, until all add-ons have been updated or suitable substitute add-ons come out.

R7j6Q.jpg

lQKqu.jpg

I don't see why not. This is what actual, real current-gen DX11 games look like:

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/ps4/battlefield_4/screens/battlefield_4_23.jpg

http://www.ign.com/images/games/battlefield-4-pc-122223/523b3df1967084c470e94aa3

FSX is based on technology developed in the early 2000's, nearly ten years ago. Much has changed since then. Of course the P3D devs don't have the hundred-million dollar budget of games like Battlefield 4 or GTA V, but there's still a lot that can be done in 2013 that couldn't be done in 2004.

Archived