Trains and goats and planes.

VH-KDK

Plenty of railway traffic as well as aircraft around Southampton International.

1.nU39E.jpg

Overflying EGHI with an electric train probably on its way to Waterloo from Bournemouth.

2.gelz.jpg

The railway works at Eastleigh. Today it is just a maintenance facility. Between the 1920's and 50's it built many steam locos including the Southern Region Lord Nelson, Schools, U1 and the unusual Q1 classes. Later all of the Merchant Navy class along with some West Country and Battle of Britain steam engines were built here and 90 of them were rebuilt at Eastleigh in the late 50's.

3. JMLwi.jpg

That's more like it. Tangmere, a preserved Battle of Britain Class steams into Eastleigh on the Gosport and Fareham line. In its original form with streamlining it operates rail tours to this day. It was however built at Brighton.

4.TQm7b.jpg

Tangmere joining the mainline at Eastleigh with the Swan Shopping Centre dominating the scenery.

Goats? With all those fields in along the River Itchen there has to be a goat somewhere! :wacko:

Many thanks in order to Lars and Martin for this wonderful airport and for all of the little extras that add to the realism.

Looks like a masterpiece. Quite impressive indeed, plus while you fly in England there are some added bonuses: for instance you need not model the sun, or blue skies ... wherever you look everything is uniformly gray :-)))))

Thanks for commenting...the greyness adds to the realism of England. Lived there for 28 years and I can still remember the day the sun came out :D .

Fantastic shots Martyn .

Cheers

Brad

Cracking set these Martyn.

cheers

Iain

Great flight and shots, I enjoyed your comments.

Wow! This area looks superb, thanks for sharing mate

Thanks for commenting folks. Another great airport from ORBX, so interesting for me as I lived here from 1977-81.

Archived