FTX Global with Flightbeam KPHX Phoenix Sky Harbor

Hello all,

Mir from Flightbeam and I have exchanged product keys so we can begin to ensure maximum compatibility between our companies' addons; this is part of a larger initiative whereby the leading FS developers collaborate and participate in a product exchange program for the benefit of the customer community. Mir has stated his intent to ensure Flightbeam airports work well with FTX Global and FTX regions.

So my first port of call was KPHX and here is the result. This is pure FTX Global + Flightbeam KPHX; there is no other landclass or terrain product active at the same time.

From my perspective this is a pretty close match, perhaps a 5-10% +green colour balance in PS would make the ground imagery a total match, but out of the box it's pretty good with the exact same contrast levels being used. There is also a strip of autogen suppression on the east side of the airport but this is a 5-minute fix by Mir and his team.

SdDl.jpg

UlyS1.jpg

uHml4.jpg

cs0oB.jpg

0GV3c.jpg

That's great news! There's nothing worse for the immersion than an airport that stands out like a sore thumb :)

Hopefully you'll be able to make the same sort of deal with Umberto at FSDT and maybe the guys at Aerosoft, then the world will indeed be a perfect simmer's paradise!

Cheers

Jack

Looks great, and can't find for the product.

btw - Does Phoenix have that many trees?  I was there a few years ago, but don't remember there being that much green.  Of course that was January, so it might have looked more desolate.

I think its pretty accurate actually.. just most of us who live here are used to seeing nothing but dirt & smog.   :)

Like everywhere else, it depends on the time of year.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCwHdgCdmRo

That's great news! There's nothing worse for the immersion than an airport that stands out like a sore thumb :)

Hopefully you'll be able to make the same sort of deal with Umberto at FSDT and maybe the guys at Aerosoft, then the world will indeed be a perfect simmer's paradise!

Cheers

Jack

I really have to say I agree with this Jack.

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread , But I have to chime in here.  I downloaded this yesterday and attempted to install it like 20 times to get it to work with FSX

The FSDreamTeam software Fights with windows security. With Windows defender turned off, the UAC and Firewall disabled, I still cannot get this installed properly even excluded the 2 files from the Virus scanner.  I guess I spoiled how smoothly Orbx software installs.  John , Please Dont' give up major Airports, and Please put KPHX in the Development window.   I'm soooooooooooo disappointed :(

Archived