At it again...

Rob Newman

Well, a few of you will probably remember that about 6 months ago, I got a job flying Dash-8's (first official airline job). I've been having a blast and love every minute, but living in Richland WA and commuting to work in Washington DC is certainly not ideal...

My goal was always to fly for Horizon Air (Q400s), that way I could be based close to home... 

I am pleased to announce, I recently had an interview with Horizon Air and got the job!

I will, as of august 5th, finally be flying the mighty Dash all around the PNW and getting home to see the wife more often! (though I can see it now... it will go from "I never get to see you", to "you're always home... When are you going back to work?" in a flash ;) )

Now to get myself through a second airline training in 7 months... I must be mad...

Congratulations indeed Rob!

... now i can't resist to also ask for showing some pics if and when possible in the future then!

Would really be great to see some "Real World" screenies by Yours from Horizon here!

Cheers, Christoph

Good luck with the new job! Well done!

And like the others said: we look forward to see some nice approach pictures from all the nice PNW airstrips you fly into.

But take your time: It might not be the best start to play around with the digicam while in an approach being a "newbe"!

Happy landings!

Till

Archived