Jeff 's Homemaid Cockpit

BradB

You know what's incredible to me, I have near my home about three flying clubs that currently use the Redbird FMX flight simulator units as a training tool at their locations. These units are simply using Microsoft Flight Simulator X as their software platform and many of them are now making the jump to P3D. I couldn't believe the price one place is asking per hour for a training session with an instructor in one of these units, 130$ an hour!!! If you take away the motion simulation part of the Redbird FMX units these simulators are no better than the majority of the home built cockpit setups I have seen many Flight Sim enthusiasts put together.

Awesome video Brad and an awesome cockpit Jeff has. I wish I had 10,000$ spare, I would build a nice GA simulator in my basement for twin engine setups.

-Jocko

If I won the lottery, then I would go to town and build my dream, but for now as you all realise, I am a RealAir Lancair Legacy fanatic.

So to help my craze this is my setup:

rHnF0.jpg

0yjJT.jpg

I am very lucky to have a dedicated Sim room, the main machine is FSX dedicated only (no cross contamination) the second computer is where I do all my repaints and normal computing..

If I won the lottery, then I would go to town and build my dream, but for now as you all realise, I am a RealAir Lancair Legacy fanatic.

I am very lucky to have a dedicated Sim room, the main machine is FSX dedicated only (no cross contamination) the second computer is where I do all my repaints and normal computing..

That is an absolutely amazing setup Jaydor, simply fantastic. Tell me something, does Saitek make that GPS hardware interface shown in your images? Can it control the RealityXP GNS 430 and 530 GPS  addons? If it can I'll order one tonight. ;)

That is an absolutely amazing setup Jaydor, simply fantastic. Tell me something, does Saitek make that GPS hardware interface shown in your images? Can it control the RealityXP GNS 430 and 530 GPS  addons? If it can I'll order one tonight. ;)

Sadly no Jocko, I have the Reality XP and it does not link to the Vr Insight GPS5 model showing..

rHnF0.jpg

0yjJT.jpg

Awesome to see Jaydor; good on you mate - This hobby is soooo addictive :)

Nice kit there

Sadly no Jocko, I have the Reality XP and it does not link to the Vr Insight GPS5 model showing..

That's very odd, especially seeing that the Reality XP 430/530 WAAS addons use simple keyboard commands stored in "RXPGNS.INI" found in "C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\Common\Settings" ???

Hi Jocko

Here is a linc to a GNS530 version if you want one..

http://www.emuteq.com/GNS530.html

James

Thanks Jaydor, I'll definitely look into picking this up as soon as I work out how much it will cost to get it shipped and into Canada. That company also makes a pretty awesome looking Garmin G1000 display! Just goes to show, if you have the money to spend there's someone out there that makes it these days. ;)

Archived