Any plans for an FTX Western Alaska?

Olli272

Hi everyone,

first of all a huge "Thank you!!" for making FTX SAK. I was really happy when I heard of Southern Alaska being "upgraded" to an FTX region, since I'm flying around there quite a lot and even with UAX&GEX it's far away from FTX eye candy of course. :)

But now my question is, whether there are any plans for doing also the south-western part of AK including Kodiak Island, Alaska Peninsula and the Aleutian island chain?! I'd love that!! And there would be quite a lot of interesting places like King Salmon, Kodiak, Chignik, Cold Bay, Unalaska, maybe the Pribilof Islands, Dillingham,... etc... All the PenAir destinations... ;)

That'd be really great.

Best regars

Olli

That's great news to hear...that its in the pipeline at some point. Thanks for the heads up Holger and great work to date by the way! SAK is the last for my regions to be complete and up-to-date. So, as "WAK" will be a while off yet, I can focus on adding a few airports, cityscape Canberra and hopefully FTX Global for now.

Really glad you mentioned Western Alaska!  Spent 19 months on Adak Island while in the Navy and loved the entire chain of islands including Kodiak, etc.  Breathtaking scenery and crazy weather!   At the moment I'm enjoying SAK.  Such a fine piece of work.

+ 1000000000000000

Western Alaska sounds fantastic!

Hi Olli,

thanks for the kind words, glad to hear you're enjoying SAK.

We do have plans for a Western Alaska region but haven't started working on it yet.

Cheers, Holger 

Its safe to say Alaska is a bit of a favorite of ours

:) :) :) :) :) :)

Archived