FORUM MAINTENANCE:JAVA ERROR FIXED, FORUM UPGRADE COMPLETED

Jay Kae

Dear All,

First of all, the maintenance has been completed, after Mr Murphy threw me some nice curve balls, I need you all to log out, clear your cache, temp files and cookies, reboot your computer and modem to ensure you get the latest info from the site.

From now on you will see  like feature on the bottom right hand side of each post that you can use to well.. like the post, there is a limit per day for people to use that though :)

Then there is this: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/58490-trialling-the-best-answer-feature/

There are more enhancements you will find around the traps but one of the main things, this installation fixes the 'enter' issue for IE10 users. 

The forums are averaging a 5% speed increase, please let me know in this thread only about issues you are having. Now, gonna catch some more zzz's lol

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a lot for the effort you're putting in to keep the forum up and running, Jay!

Cheers

Mallard

PS - just as I posted this I got a whole buckeload of error messages - but it got posted anyway ;)

Ok, I am not getting anywhere, waiting for some suggestions/help from IPB support because I am stuck to be quite frank, I just cannot pinpoint where the main errors are coming from, so please standby while I catch a few more zzzz's and get back into it a bit later.

Yes, I know, all those sort of things will return over time, basic functionality was the most important as the #1 priority

I just restored that for you :)

Making some progress now on this lol

Hi Jay Kae ... firstly, please add my MASSIVE thanks for all the work you put in on this board - PLUS all the extra stuff the "upgrade" has created. Been there, got that T-shirt :(

To add to your list: "Quote" and "Multiquote" don't appear to be working. Minor stuff, comparatively!

Keep taking the tablets!!!

Adam.

Hello everyone and thanks to Jay for the hard work on the forum, source of A LOT of useful informations.

Don't know if it's only a problem of mine, but after the upgrade, when I read a topic, it stays as unread when I go back to the threads list. If I click the circle to go the the first unread post it always jumps to the first post instead of the first unread.

The only thing that works is the "Mark this forum as read" button at the top.

Thanks again.

Francesco

As someone who works for a forum software provider, I know just how you feel Jay - been there many times myself with own forums and customer's ones...

BTW - did Ed just post and delete an announcement or is there an issue with viewing it?

@Cesco, when I am done I will recache the whole forums and will announce that all users should do so themselves as well, so clear cache, temp files and cookies.

Understood, thanks again Jay

I am getting there, I actually had some more sleep... sitting behind my desk bahahahha unfortunate sleeping position that too, anyway, slowly but surely everything is coming back to how it was

Archived