Belly Landing - Cessna 414

BradB

"According to the report, she and her co-pilot, Terry Blake, were on their way to Wichita when they discovered their landing gear wouldn't go down. She and Blake called five different mechanics from the air, plus broke out the manuals and went through the procedures.

"I had Terry reading the manual to me," she said. "You've got to have directions, just in case there's something I forgot or something one of us forgot, but you just go through it step by step by step."

Eventually Stauffer realized she had no choice but to land the plane on its belly and hope for the best. " Sorry, wrong again.

Excellent job landing it that smoothly... Wouldn't be surprised if that plane will be back in the skies after some panel-beating and a major inspection.

And I do find it reassuring that the pilot has the set of mind that even after 30 years of experience the manual still has the last word ;)

Cheers

Mallard

That was VERY impressively done....all the way around...consulting mechanics....scouring the procedures...then choosing a belly landing as the "right" solution to her problem. No panic..no drama....just stay calm and arrive and the best decision for the circumstance. (AND have the flying skill to execute the plan flawlessly.)

Archived