First Impressions - Milford Sound

BradB

Isnt it just eh!

I have had this since release but im still wowed as it was the first time and impression for me.

Have you been to the other two airstrips included in this amazing package?

Nice shots btw ;)

No have not gotten that far . Hope to tonight .

John

Great set - but judging from your first pic you're having elevation problems...

I'd try a re-install following the series set out in the NZ SP2 post.

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks Mallard for seeing that , Problem fixed now .

John

Great set of pics, glad you enjoy the scenery :)

Like Mallard pointed out, you have an elevation issue which happens when you install SP2 after NZMF. You can fix it easily by setting all NZMF Control Panel options back to default (only if you have changed something of course) and re-install Milford Sound. Also make sure that FTXCentral is set to 'Oceania'.

Great set of pics, glad you enjoy the scenery :)

Like Mallard pointed out, you have an elevation issue which happens when you install SP2 after NZMF. You can fix it easily by setting all NZMF Control Panel options back to default (only if you have changed something of course) and re-install Milford Sound. Also make sure that FTXCentral is set to 'Oceania'.

I have corrected and I am back to exploring . Thanks for your help and Mallard's .

John

John - I got NZMF on the first day of release and hardly a day goes by without me visiting it. It really is an ORBX classic - though I suspect we ought to credit nature a bit too :lol:

Just explore every little nook & cranny - making sure you have a nimble enough little aircraft that can get you out of trouble when you find yourself surrounded by stone! I love the PZL-Wilga for that, but daren't post the screenies here as everyone will just fall about laughing!

John - I got NZMF on the first day of release and hardly a day goes by without me visiting it. It really is an ORBX classic - though I suspect we ought to credit nature a bit too :lol:

Just explore every little nook & cranny - making sure you have a nimble enough little aircraft that can get you out of trouble when you find yourself surrounded by stone! I love the PZL-Wilga for that, but daren't post the screenies here as everyone will just fall about laughing!

I have seen some screen shots of Orca whales being posted , have you been able to see any ? .

Take care

John

Any screen shot from NZMF is a success 8) Kidding, nice one. As much as I'm trying to fly out of NZ (N &S) I just keep coming back...

I'm slowly building a NZ North tribute video, this package is stunning but you need to fly everywhere to find those incredible hidden gem.

"""making sure you have a nimble enough little aircraft that can get you out of trouble when you find yourself surrounded by stone!""""

Your so right Adam. For those who own the Turbine duke or even the fast Lancair just try to do a decent landing on any of the 3 airport-strip.

Any screen shot from NZMF is a success 8) Kidding, nice one. As much as I'm trying to fly out of NZ (N &S) I just keep coming back...

I'm slowly building a NZ North tribute video, this package is stunning but you need to fly everywhere to find those incredible hidden gem.

"""making sure you have a nimble enough little aircraft that can get you out of trouble when you find yourself surrounded by stone!""""

Your so right Adam. For those who own the Turbine duke or even the fast Lancair just try to do a decent landing on any of the 3 airport-strip.

NZ north is next on my wish list ..

John

NZ north is next on my wish list ..

The scenery itself is nowhere near as dramatic as in the south, but I think ORBX did a grand job with NZNI in conveying the general "feel". It looks absolutely like NZ. NZAA and NZWN are modelled quite well - though I added FSCreations' NZHN (Hamilton) which is now freeware.

I've not flown in NZSI (real life) but have managed a handful of flights in NZNI. ORBX really does recreate what you see out of the window - it all looks very familiar!

As to Orcas - I haven't seen any as I edited out the simobjects "animals" line from fsx.cfg as I got fed up of mammoth sized frame rate killing seagulls everywhere :lol:.

Archived