What airports would you like to see done in FTX Global?

aujeffk

I think it would be neat to have all the training facilities around ft Rucker Alabama for us rotor heads. Also, although default Pensacola NAS is a bit beefed up, I'd like to see an ORBX version. I'd love to see my home airport KSLE in Salem Oregon done as pay ware seeing as it is already in PNW territory. It's a great small and large GA and military field and home to the famous flight deck restaurant.

They're replacing default textures with the already available pool of FTX textures. I doubt they're planning to touch any airports until they do the full detailed regions.

Bruce, just to add to your post, JV says they are making additional texture sheets for FTX Global and not just using the already available pool. So we can look forward to all areas of the globe looking more realistic than is even possible right now! Nice, eh?

They're replacing default textures with the already available pool of FTX textures. I doubt they're planning to touch any airports until they do the full detailed regions.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Although having said that - we will also be making payware airports made specifically for FTX Global in places like Asia or South America etc.

Regards,

JV

In case anyone is interested, that was JV's last reply after I made a comment on the ORBX to release FTX Global thread

Well, I guess the airports that I visit the most are top of the list, I fly to these with a VA in the NGX. I have some with Payware already, but would love to see any of them done FTX style!

EIDW Dublin

EKBI Billund

EGNH Blackpool

EGPE Inverness

LIME Bergamo

EGAE Derry

LSGS Sion

EIKN Connaught

EINN Shannon

EGPD Aberdeen

EGNS Isle Of Man

EKVG Vagar

EGPO Stornoway

KMHT Manchester

LPMA Medeira

LEPA Palma

LEBB Bilbao

EGJJ Jersey

EDDB Berlin

LOWI Innsbruck

BGSF Kangerlussuaq

LIMF Torino

LOWS Salzburg

LFRB Brest

From the Global announcement :- "including a constant flow of upgraded airports at key locations around the world, for example Helsinki in Finland or Manila in the Phillipines".

Note the word "key", and don't forget that these will be "lite" airports.

So I would like some major international airports, one in each region, (as implied by the announcement) around the world so that long haul flyers can fly between them. From what I understand, one of the purposes of Global is to have Orbx scenery at the departure and arrival airports of different regions, currently not able to be done under the current FTX Central arrangement.

Sydney, for Australia

Mumbai, Changi, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Manila, for Asia

Honolulu, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, New York, for NA

Rio de Janeiro, for SA

London, Stockholm, Frankfurt-Main, Athens, Moscow, for Europe

Johannesburg, Cairo, for Africa

Dubai, for Middle East

A good "all round" 20.

I hope some one at Orbx can shed more light on these Global airports as it "value adds" to the cost of the Orbx Global purchase decision.

From the Global announcement :- "including a constant flow of upgraded airports at key locations around the world, for example Helsinki in Finland or Manila in the Phillipines".

Note the word "key", and don't forget that these will be "lite" airports.

So I would like some major international airports, one in each region, (as implied by the announcement) around the world so that long haul flyers can fly between them. From what I understand, one of the purposes of Global is to have Orbx scenery at the departure and arrival airports of different regions, currently not able to be done under the current FTX Central arrangement.

Sydney, for Australia

Mumbai, Changi, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Manila, for Asia

Honolulu, Los Angeles, Denver, Chicago, New York, for NA

Rio de Janeiro, for SA

London, Stockholm, Frankfurt-Main, Athens, Moscow, for Europe

Johannesburg, Cairo, for Africa

Dubai, for Middle East

A good "all round" 20.

I hope some one at Orbx can shed more light on these Global airports as it "value adds" to the cost of the Orbx Global purchase decision.

I like your list of airports to be produced, as a matter of opinion, what do you think ORBX will bring to most of those airports though that the likes of UK2000, FSDT or FlyTampa already do?

If you have FTX Australia + Some of the FTX Coastal airports + OZx, then you can do that right now :)

Ah forgot about the OZx airfields, i will have to try and free up some space on my sim drive and start a tour in my 152 :)

We are indeed assembling a team of airport developers to do two things:

1. Upgrade default FSX airports for FTX Global to improve them with our Orbx library object, much like PNW, NZ, EU airports have been done. These will be airports all around the world have not yet been developed by other companies as payware. These will be FREE downloadable content for FTX Global.

2. Develop new payware Orbx airports which sit on top of FTX Global, for areas of the world which may take some time for full-featured FTX regions to reach, i.e. Asia, South America etc.

.......... what do you think ORBX will bring to most of those airports though that the likes of UK2000, FSDT or FlyTampa already do?

I am under the impression that Fly Tampa, and UK2000 are mostly payware, whereas the lite added Orbx Global airports will be additives, so (1) they will be quasi freeware.

Again, my impression is why Orbx scenery gained a good following in its early development was that it was also frame rate friendly. As Orbx Global will be essentially scenery, I hope the developers will make these lite airports framerate friendly (unlike the "lite" Launceston airport which has a bit of a fps hit rate). So (2) frame rate friendly.

(3) Uniformity of airport design.

I find that some of the airports of other designers still have mistakes. I sometimes hit invisible walls caused by the development tool, or by inattention to detail. So (4) dependibility.

(5) No effort required to search for and install these airports.

There are propably more reasons, but I cant think of them at the moment.

Orbx personnel have probably heavily researched the marketing release of lite airports and could add to this list.

Really anything that Aerosoft hasn't done -- I find that most of those are pretty good.

Actually there is NO good scenery for Houston, the fourth largest city in the US. The stuff that is out there is pretty weak. Would like to see something that included Galveston, Baytown, the Woodlands, and Katy -- that's about 5 or 6 countries right there. The good news is that outside of the downtown area, it's mostly just a function of getting the landclass right and the roads/rivers/streams/lakes in the right place.

Archived