They said it couldn't be done ...

Adam Banks

It's good to know that there's no part of New Zealand that the RNZAF considers off-limits in an emergency!

Yes ... it *can* be done! 50% fuel, full flaps, air brakes, then full reverser and brakes on touch-down. Unbelievably, the Herc will stop half-way down the runway. Similarly, the C-130 managed to lift off quite easily at around half way down - plenty of room to turn away from a rather solid looking mountain [gulp!]. Give it a go! Planning and practising the zig-zag "Sarajevo style" approaches metres away from solid rock is a true test of your airmanship!

Doing a quick recce .. and checking the final approach and landing areas are clear ...

Posted Image

... plonk! No panic ... easy as that.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Dump that urgently needed Humvee ...

Posted Image

... then get ready for a full power take-off ...

Posted Image

Posted Image

... and a triumphant fly-past!

Posted Image

EDIT: If there's anyone out there that still hasn't got the Captain Sim C-130 ... GET IT! It's still unbeatable ... after all these years (just like the real C-130)!

@Henrik ... that's weird. Does it still function, though - regardless of the layout oddities?

My version is 1.0.0.0 31/7/2008. Just checked ... seems to work OK. Have you tried the CS forums?

Thanks for the nice comments, folks!

Amazing what the Herc is capable of. Getting replaced by Globemasters here in Australia.

Ummm ... I much prefer the C-130 to look at! I live not far from NZWP (Whenuapai) so these are a common sight (and sound!). There's something so inherently "right" about them.

Good to see you are still enjoying the xmas present. Impressive screen shots. Now to see if i can get the C130 into Milford

To explain to all the peeps here ... ORBX NZMF was Bob's family Christmas present to me this year (lucky me!). Usually, they involve Spitfires in one shape or form - but not this year. I'm definitely not complaining though!

Bob ... word of advice ... take note of the wind strength/direction (if there is any). I didn't even dare land or take off downwind - I'd hate to write off a perfectly decent Herc!

@Eric ... *where have you been* all these years? :lol:. The CS C-130 is a total gem. It has that strange indefinable quality ... and gives the impression of handling like a real C-130 would (not that I would know). Even at full price, I'd still say it was worth it. If you see it discounted anywhere, then you have NO EXCUSE!

EDIT: BTW - if anyone here has any of the NZ repaints, I made a NZ flag.dds file to wave to the crowd. PM me if you want it.

@Henrik ... that's weird. Does it still function, though - regardless of the layout oddities?

My version is 1.0.0.0 31/7/2008. Just checked ... seems to work OK. Have you tried the CS forums?

Yes Adam, the ACE still works, but its a little difficult to hit some of the buttons though.

I will install a new download today and se how it work.

And i havent tryed the CS forum yet (it isent a big issue, just annoying)but with my purcase of the 777 v0.9 i definitely will.

Thanks for the answer though , Adam.

Best regards

Henrik

Archived