TrackIR v 5-2 final, I need some answers, please.

wombat

Info required from any members who have one of these units.

Looking at the TrackIR 5 Pro site it says 5.2 final, does this mean that the product is not being supported anymore?

I am thinking of getting one of these, and do not want to waste money if something new is coming out.

Would I be able to use this with the Thrustmaster Hotas Watrhog stick & throttle system?

what would the shipping cost from US to Western Australia be?

That would be good if it is ::)

Wombat Track IR might be the best advancement in simulation that is affordable to the basic consumer in my humble opinion. When used with Ezca looking at instruments and then looking to turn onto final from base is amazing. Do you use Ezca? if you dont search it on you tube, It is a must same as Track IR.

Its basically a camera emulator. It allows you to make your own cameras around the cockpit and assign them to buttons keys or whatever you like. you could create a zoom in on a engine instrument for when you lean your engine for cruise and assign it to a button and then another for your normal virtual cockpit. Another cool feature is the subtle bumps it creates in the air, this really makes the airframe feel alive. It basically randomly generated bumps and shakes to make you feel like your flying for real, as well as pulling your head left or right when your turning. There are some really good videos that explain the whole thing.

Its basically a camera emulator. It allows you to make your own cameras around the cockpit and assign them to buttons keys or whatever you like. you could create a zoom in on a engine instrument for when you lean your engine for cruise and assign it to a button and then another for your normal virtual cockpit. Another cool feature is the subtle bumps it creates in the air, this really makes the airframe feel alive. It basically randomly generated bumps and shakes to make you feel like your flying for real, as well as pulling your head left or right when your turning. There are some really good videos that explain the whole thing.

urbinized, thanks for that info, found some video's on YouTube and had a look at the site, price is good too, so now have to get the CC out and start research into TrackIR5, hmmm

Recently got PMDG 737 and I still have not had time to fly that yet, 24 hours in a day is not enough, hmmm wonder what I can do about that ::)

I can confirm as a TrackerIR5 and Prepar3D user that it does in fact support P3D right after install. No hacking or work-arounds required. Install, run it, and fire up Prepar3D and away you go!

Not to high jack the thread but High Iron how do you find p3d?

Thanks spud, that is the site I purchased through yesterday, sorry to say on this occasion I could not afford to go with an aussie site because of the prices being asked by them, some were around $349 and one was $499 for the exact same item, I do feel sorry for aussie retailer's when they cannot compete with the overseas prices, but like everybody else my $ has to go as far as I can get it to go.

Track IR is simply amazing. So to is EZCA when you get it configured right. Mozz, (Maurice King) helps me do that, but unfortunately for me, but good for him he's been tied up working some solid hours so EZCA has slipped somewht at this address, but I am looking to getting the Mozz back after Xmas ( well that's my plan anyway)

Jim

Track IR is simply amazing. So to is EZCA when you get it configured right. Mozz, (Maurice King) helps me do that, but unfortunately for me, but good for him he's been tied up working some solid hours so EZCA has slipped somewht at this address, but I am looking to getting the Mozz back after Xmas ( well that's my plan anyway)

Jim

Jim, I'have TrackIR5 for one year now and very happy. If you want to know what settings, go to there forum and you get all the answers.

Here is the link: http://forum.naturalpoint.com/ubbthreads.php?Cat=0&C=2

Peter

Thanks guys for all of your help in regards to Track IR, looks like a lot of you have it already, mine was shipped yesterday but I don't expect to get it until after xmas, my fault for waiting too long to order ::)

All you guys have a great Christmas and enjoy your sim presents on Christmas day

Thanks guys for all of your help in regards to Track IR, looks like a lot of you have it already, mine was shipped yesterday but I don't expect to get it until after xmas, my fault for waiting too long to order ::)

All you guys have a great Christmas and enjoy your sim presents on Christmas day

Merry Christmas and dont forget Ezca! hahaa

I totally agree with the crowd. Track Ir is way better than 3 screens (btw. cant afford it :'( ).

But a bit pricy (in Denmark 240 US$) Ok. Still cheaper than in Australia thoug.

Best regards

Henrik

Damm!! I payed $150.00 the one i got an i though was a bit pricey.... :(;)

Track IR is at http://www.naturalpoint.com/trackir/

There is no doubt that FTX scenery comes alive when you can pan around on take off to the airport below, or check the guages as you would during a real 'flow' of the instrument panel, As a PPL student I re-ran all my lessons as saved flights, rehearing turning points in the circuit, checking VFR waypoints on navex flights, and quickly scanning the panel as a routine during prcedure turns etc.Couln't be done without TIR.

It integrates will with EDZOK, but my experience with OPUS is limited so far.

It makes the sim come alive. My only criticsm would be that the trackIR 'track clip pro' that attches to your headphones is fragile, and needs careful handling. Much better ifg it was manufactured in \luminium if anyone for TIR is listening?

I'd say go for it, the combination of FSX's fabtastic scenery and tracking is hard to beat.

I don't see the point of using TrackIR with three or four monitors and if you are what a waste of good money. The point of TrackIR is to be use on a single monitor for a natural feel that way your VC won't be limited IMO.

But, i do think that the use of three to four monitor is 100% better than TrackIR, only if you have the right hardware and setup for the Ultima custom built in VC experience of your choice. :D

It's like using TrackIR in this, when you could do it naturally. 8):lol:

http://www.flightsim...ojin/Index.html

No way, TrackIR is better than three or even better four screens setup the right way. ;)

The principal of using TrackIR with three screens is the same as using it with one.

I've got three 23" screens set in landscape which gives me a wide view and good peripheral vision but the zoom is set to give as life size image as possible and is more or less projected to a flat surface. So far as I know you can't use multiple screens to generate a wrap around vision, you can angle them a little but to see to the left, right or behind me I'd have to still move my head as I would in real life, this can be done with a hat switch or TrackIR.

The immersion factor with three screens and TrackIR is considerably enhanced over a single screen - there are plenty of examples on YouTube.

Have a go if you get a chance.

I think the value may be lost some on airliners given the windows are more or less optional extras. I only fly GA but I can see how you could fly an Airliner around the world without ever looking up, let alone 270 degrees horizontal and 180 vertical.

In VFR GA you should be spending the majority of your time scanning the outside view.

Here is a great example of this -

Of course its personal preference but even with 10 screens, the way FSX is projected you'll never be able to see behind you, to the side, up and down etc... All essential in GA flight.

The point of TrackIR is to be use on a single monitor

Er, says who? Obviously many people disagree with you. For my money the 6DOF is one of TrackIR's great advantages, something that's impossible to recreate no matter how many wraparound screens you have.I suppose a good compromise would be wraparound screens and TrackIR with the X axis movement scaled right down. That way you can still see enough of the VC (Y axis movement) and you can look over the nose, around the door frames, etc.

@CptMatt & MarkH, not to contradict my self, but i was never a fan of too much frame around the screen. Even one monitor has too much frame around, imagine two or three together :blink: to be use as one screen. I don't know why companies do this to there TV's, Monitors, Tablets and Phone products.

Now, Samsung on the other hand is thinking just like me. if could get three 27'' or even 30'' like the one on youtube to be use as a single widescreen, it would be revolutionary. 8)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5gNfyTi4po

Archived