Have a bloody go at this !

Maurice_King

I have it on my computer and it is bloody great. The accuracy is spot on. when planes go overhead my house I can spot them visually and on the screen and they are in perfect sinc. No time lag whatsoever. pity the smaller Qantaslink Dash 8s and REX SAABs are not included.

As I type this there is a Cathay A330-300 going overhead on it's way to Hong Kong and I notice there is a Qantas 747 heading for Tokyo not far behind it. should hear it shortly.

It's fun to watch, but I'm not sure of the source or accuracy of the data. I work at Perth Airport, where I've seen over half a dozen planes ranging from Dash-8's to 737's to A340's takeoff in the last 15 minutes - yet the closest plan shown to Perth at this moment is an outbound 737 flight to Karratha that is 400km north of here... In fact there only appears to be 4 flights in the air over all of WA at the moment, and anyone who works over here could tell you just how many aircraft are up both inbound and outbound by 7am on a Monday morning.

Cheers,

Derek

Yes certainly not all their Saabs are equipped, but I've seen up to about 4 at a time ... on occasions.

Is it known if the Dashes are to be equipped with the ADS-B anytime soon?

Cheers.

I've only ever seen a couple of Saabs Tom, I don't think REX have many with the required transponder installed.

Interesting to note the RFDS aircraft often appear when going to or from YSSY.

G'day everyone,

The SAABs are shown, but I think it depends on radar coverage. I live on the NSW south coast and I've watched our

"local" SAAB leave Sydney and head south towards Moruya and Merimbula, and as it gets a fair way south, it generally

dissapears. (They tend to travel between Moruya and Merimbula quite low most of the time)

• 4 weeks later...

A good place to kill some time when bored. Try tracking the ones that appear out of nowhere near San Clamente & Catalina Island. They suddenly show up on the screen and fly mostly around these islands,venturing to North Island as well. I figure they are from an carrier in the area.

Archived