NZSI and NZNI Speechless!

freddy

I have always planned to one day visit NZ for real. But, sadly, that hasn't happend yet.

I've seen movies such as "Lord of the Rings" which show NZ in all its splendour. Further increasing my resolve to one day visit it for real.

I've seen photographs and images on the Internet. I've flown the simulator to places like Queenstown and Auckland. I've flown real 737 simulators (the one's pilots use to train in) and landed at these places too.

For everything that I have done and seen, NZ looks like a magnificient place. Even the default FSX scenery manages to depict it well enough to heighten the senses of what it might be like.

I even speak with people through my work that live there and they confirm it truly is a spectacular place to live.

One day ... yep ... one day ... I will get there for real.

Last night I received my NZSI and NZNI packages. I installed them. I knew it was going to be something special.

I ran FSX and hopped in the default Bell helicopter for a very brief flight at Auckland. I jumped to Queenstown for a short look. And then jumped to Milford Sound.

SPEECHLESS!

That is the only way to describe what I was seeing. I was absolutely SPEECHLESS!

I haven't yet truly taken any aircraft for a flight in NZ (time was against me last night) ... but if Auckland, Queenstown and Milford Sound are anything to go by (and I am sure they are) ... SPEECHLESS will most likely be the word which will be used again when I eventually get the time to really explore the NZSI and NZNI packages.

I know it's been said before, in many other threads ... but, again, WELL DONE to ORBX.

You've left me one happy person. I WILL get to NZ for real one day. And if I am SPEECHLESS as I use your fantastic NZSI and NZNI packages, then I can only imagine how I'll be when the day comes that I am there for real.

GREAT STUFF!

Kia Ora, Hello Freddy.

I live in New Zealand and I can honestly say that Orbx have done NZ proud. It really is so exact, that it's unbelievable. What you see in Orbx is what you'll get when you come down here.

GL,

Jim.

Kia Ora, Hello Freddy.

I live in New Zealand and I can honestly say that Orbx have done NZ proud. It really is so exact, that it's unbelievable. What you see in Orbx is what you'll get when you come down here.

GL,

Jim.

And what's more you will be made very welcome. :):wub:

Kia Ora, Hello Freddy. I live in New Zealand and I can honestly say that Orbx have done NZ proud. It really is so exact, that it's unbelievable. What you see in Orbx is what you'll get when you come down here.

I've had a chance this weekend to really do some flying ... low and slow ... it's simply incredible!

Speaking of exact ... I was actually able to land properly, by the numbers, for the first time at Queenstown (using the chart), something that was not quite possible with the default FSX scenery (close, but not quite); and the views on descent were nothing short of amazing!

My flight from New Plymouth, to the south, around Mount Taranaki was magnificient with the mountain encircled by cloud and mist; simply spectacular! Landing at Milford Sound took my breath away ... and then taking off from there in the Bell helicopter and flying in and out of the mountain valleys was even more breathtaking! And I've got SO MUCH MORE to explore yet. The little log cabins, the wind farms, the hot springs, the small airfields and grass strips. If you guys are telling me that what I see in Orbx is what I'll get when I come down there, then I'll be making plans soon! If it looks this good in a simulation, I can only imagine what it looks like for real.

And what's more you will be made very welcome. :):wub:

Of that, I am sure. :)

Archived