Moody DC-3

Adam Banks

Long-time lurker and drooler. About time I posted some.

I tweaked my texture set a little, then sat back and watched REXE do its stuff.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One of my real FSX favourites - the default DC-3 in NZ Warbirds livery - over Marlborough Sounds, descending to NZWB (Woodbourne). Such a beauty in RL too.

Ah the old Gooney Bird - never say die !..good to see Adam . Good looking paint too, guess thats on the kiwi forum ?

There are a few ... try a search on my site (NZFSIM). The one I use is my own tweak of Jon Murchison's ... which seems to have disappeared off my site!

arnzx_wbrnzaf.zip

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxacrp&DLID=104710

Markus Hellwig also did an excellent version for the payware MAAM-SIM DC-3: http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=aircraft&act=full&id=249

I was going to try doing a Justflight repaint, but their models are way out. Surprisingly, the default FSX Dak is quite close - and flies beautifully. The only down side is you can't get the rego on the undersides of the wings without them getting flipped. I'm wishing/hoping A2A will do a truly decent Dak. It deserves it.

Fantastic shots there Mark, I can't understand why one of the good aircraft Developers hasn't made a standout DC3 it would be an instant winner, I was dissapointed in the Justflight version. Vertigo studios were doing one but thats somewhere in cyberspace waiting to be finished.

Anyway youve got the default looking very nice indeed there

cheers

Ken

Thanks for all the kind comments, folks - especially from THE MASTER (Bug) :lol:!

@rockcliffe - not sure where Mark came from - I'm Adam ;):lol:

@Uberscrew - it took a while to place those Shockwave lights properly, but it was certainly worth the effort!

I love the DC-3. My best plane by far...........Really like it since the Accu-Feel from A2A. Just amazing....

I must admit Accu-feel really adds a *lot* to this particular aircraft - both in "feel" and in sound. I use EZ-DOK for the camera views, and that also gives me a bit of random cockpit vibration, landing bumps etc.

Though old, it's a stunning repaint/livery ... so I may trawl through my many NZWarbirds Dak screenshots and start another topic for it. I did a trip in RL from Ardmore to a display at Ohakea once in that DC-3 ... what a total treat. It's crewed by ex-Air NZ staff that need to keep their flying obsession fed ... and they're all simply amazing.

I grew up near an airport that had many Dakotas, so that distinctive sound takes me straight back to childhood.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Markus Hellwig's MAAM-SIM repaint at Woodbourne (above)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At NZWP (Whenuapai) - with the NZ Catalina (which has the same engines) and a P-3 Orion - all courtesy of Ultimate Traffic2.

If I had an A2A DC-3, NZSI, NZNI and REXE O/D I'd probably spend my life "flying" around NZ in it.

Archived