The old girl was protesting

boetie

This had to be one of the most enjoyable flights I've done in a while. Set Essentials to "severe", all sliders maxed to the right, buckled up and held on for dear life. The old girl was getting buffeted all over the place - then it would calm down and I would see REX inject some more weather, then WALLOP! she would start shuddering and getting hammered again. What a ride! If only the pictures could fully show this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks guys,this is my new favourite plane. Anyone know of any other decent DC-3's out there other than FSX default?

Boetie I have to admit to having a real soft spot for the Dakota and although I am still a world away from flying it effectively I can thoroughly recommend the Just Flight DC3. It's available to download for something in the region of 30 AUD or there abouts. This gives you a great VC a ton of liveries and access to both the DC3 and C37 models both of which include appropriate internal cabins. Some great classic liveries including Lufthansa and BEA. I suggest you take a look and I reckon you'll start saving those pennies again!!!

Boetie I have to admit to having a real soft spot for the Dakota and although I am still a world away from flying it effectively I can thoroughly recommend the Just Flight DC3. It's available to download for something in the region of 30 AUD or there abouts. This gives you a great VC a ton of liveries and access to both the DC3 and C37 models both of which include appropriate internal cabins. Some great classic liveries including Lufthansa and BEA. I suggest you take a look and I reckon you'll start saving those pennies again!!!

Thanks Uber, I'll check it out.

Archived